PDA

View Full Version : Shutter Island

Calneon
9th April 2010, 10:33 PM
Just saw this film, one of the best I've seen in recent years. I'd highly suggest everybody go see it, DiCaprio is utterly amazing and Scorsese's directing is what you've come to expect from him. Add that to a story with some incredible twists and you've got one hell of a film.

I can't stress enough, DO NOT watch the trailer before seeing the movie, it gives so much away that it would spoil the movie. To anyone who's seen it, what did you think? IMO it's better than Avatar, possibly even The Dark Knight.

Colonel Mitch
9th April 2010, 10:40 PM
Think this was reviewed on radio 1 and given 2 stars today

whats it about

Calneon
9th April 2010, 10:45 PM
Think this was reviewed on radio 1 and given 2 stars today

whats it about
2 Cops go to a mental institute on an island, to find a woman who escaped, she was there for drowning her three children. Can't say much more than that otherwise i'd be spoiling it. It's a semi horror/thriller movie.

Chazlene
10th April 2010, 01:12 AM
IMO it's better than Avatar

Quite a lot of stuff is better than Avatar. But yeah, saw Shutter Island when I was in New York, was effing good. Gahhh we can't really discuss it though because it'll give too much away :p

Target
12th April 2010, 01:41 AM
Big claim to say its better than the Dark Knight that was an epic movie :D Might have a look at it this week or Mr.Big™ it!

ez64
12th April 2010, 01:58 AM
Really boring I thought, watched it last year some time.

Calneon
12th April 2010, 09:18 AM
Really boring I thought, watched it last year some time.
It was released late February this year, how did you manage that?

ez64
12th April 2010, 04:37 PM
It wasnt the screener was out mid last year for us movie critics....