PDA

View Full Version : APB Beta Key!

Chalex4
10th April 2010, 12:59 PM
I just saw this on the news ticker and just got my APB Beta key :D. I'm downloading the client now (8GB).

Realtime World's promising online cops and robbers effort, APB has finally entered the beta stage - and we're offering CVG readers the chance to join the scuffle.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=242228

Once you've gotten your hands on a key enter it at APB sign-up page, with all the other details you'll need to access the game.

Once that's all done, you'll receive a confirmation e-mail. You're now free to download the client, 8GB, in preparation for the next play session, scheduled for this Sunday. You can do that by logging-in here.

Do check your spam boxes by the way, as that's where my confirmation email was sitting.

Be careful out there on the streets of San Paro :p.

Chazlene
10th April 2010, 01:18 PM
Well that was easy getting a key. I think Bloo mentioned yesterday that he's got a key as well, so that's at least three of us.

Vicious Horizon
10th April 2010, 01:22 PM
Signing up now, Hello 8 Hour download!

EDIT: Signed up, got my BETA key, will start downloading when I can be bothered.

Chazlene
10th April 2010, 01:38 PM
Hmm well apparently I don't have the minimum requirements to play it, so it don't think it's gonna install...

ez64
10th April 2010, 02:13 PM
downloading now.

This is the recommended which is exactly you almost,

For your reference, the recommended specification for beta PCs at the moment is:

Core2 Quad 2.4Ghz or equivalent
4GB Main Memory
Geforce 8800 512MB or equivalent
20GB free disk space
XP 32 & Vista 64 (Vista 32 not yet advisable)

If you can play UT3 you should be fine.

VoX
10th April 2010, 02:41 PM
Signed up and downloading now.

Any luck Chaz?

Chalex4
10th April 2010, 03:28 PM
Bloo told me this earlier:

14:09 - Bloo |ATK|: Sharp Shooters (aka us) for apb get to play tomorrow from 5-9pm, however all the beta groups do so they will be stress-testing and it will lag :p
14:21 - Bloo |ATK|: Also we're going Enforcer. No questions

Are we all free around then?

Vicious Horizon
10th April 2010, 03:33 PM
Bloo told me this earlier:

Are we all free around then?

Fairly wide time, so Yeah, I should be there - Agreed on Enforcer.

Bloo
10th April 2010, 03:53 PM
Nice to see we're not breaking NDA's by posting restricted info on beta times on a public forum. :p

ez64
10th April 2010, 03:59 PM
omg 1 hour 20 to download 8gb is shocking :(

VoX
10th April 2010, 04:27 PM
omg 1 hour 20 to download 8gb is shocking :(

I hate you :p. I do roughly 1GB/hour so will do this overnight and play tomorrow :)

ez64
10th April 2010, 04:29 PM
it's not even full speed though as it doesnt use the p2p in the background.

dont press the "use P2P" button as it doesnt work and resets your download to 0.

Calneon
10th April 2010, 05:04 PM
Got my key, gonna wait till I'm back at uni to download it though.

D_K_Head
10th April 2010, 05:09 PM
FUCKYESAPBFORTHEFUCKINGWIN

We're agreed then? enforcers?

EDIT: downloaders's got a few hours left.

Vicious Horizon
10th April 2010, 05:45 PM
11%, been on ~2-3 hours

Vicious Horizon
10th April 2010, 10:01 PM
May I suggest we do what we did with BF:Heroes - Create a forum only people who are in the BETA are able to see/post-in - then we're less likely to get raped by the NDA.

Bloo
10th April 2010, 11:15 PM
Good plan, since ez did post the recommended specs and those are traditionally thinks dev's keep close to the chest until they want to release them.

ez64
11th April 2010, 12:53 AM
To be fair you can access the specs without logging in.

Colonel Mitch
11th April 2010, 12:28 PM
lol got this like 2 days ago unfortunately my pc couldn't run it however, I now have mitch old mobo and processor and 4gb ddr3 ram so I will download this later, although dad won't be happy cause he decide to get a fail 10gb download limit on our broadband :P

^Target^

ez64
11th April 2010, 02:38 PM
lol he can enjoy his 2gb this month :D

Vicious Horizon
11th April 2010, 04:12 PM
Lolfail internet.

Downloaded and working - see you all at 5pm tonight then?

(can I suggest meeting on Teamspeak?)

ez64
11th April 2010, 05:34 PM
im going on now ill share ID when I know it :D

ez64
11th April 2010, 05:38 PM
says 5pm GMT its now 20 to 6 and still unable to login :(

Vicious Horizon
11th April 2010, 05:52 PM
Yeah, it's GMT not GMT+1 =/

We're on mumble atm, come join.

Bloo
11th April 2010, 05:52 PM
says 5pm GMT its now 20 to 6 and still unable to login :(

They aren't counting daylight savings I believe, and also, there is a countdown on the launcher, it's beneath the little warning about breaching NDA's and all that.

ez64
11th April 2010, 05:57 PM
Retarded to say the least GMT not whatever hour we decide.

Just getting generic failure when trying to get in.

Did get in finnaly but got bored out of my skull after 5 missions its so linear and single player orientated putting it online is just a waste of time from the missions so far.

VoX
11th April 2010, 07:21 PM
got bored out of my skull after 5 missions its so linear and single player orientated putting it online is just a waste of time from the missions so far.

This.

Not really enjoyable tbh.

Mr.Big
11th April 2010, 07:43 PM
ok, i found this (atleast what i did) insanely BORING, i had nothing too do, except i got beeped every twelve seconds with a oh so pointless mission and every 30 seconds i got beeped with that there was somebody about to hunt me... failgame is fail

Vicious Horizon
11th April 2010, 08:53 PM
That's probably because you weren't on Mumble and playing it with us, I think me, DK and Bloo had a fair bit of fun - I know I did, but that's cause I got stuck in with the crimes and just blew the fook out of the enemies, a bit of funny banter in between too.

ez64
11th April 2010, 09:36 PM
The limited graphics and indestructible environments is also pretty poor for a 2010 pc game, even the cars are still shiny after a mag of an M4A1.

D_K_Head
11th April 2010, 10:05 PM
heh, this is a TEAM game, for sure. Join a group, and enjoy yourselves. We had some fun times... from doughnuts in the middle of a mission, to vox managing to park his car by the waterfront on it's door.

Playing alone is stupid. Join a group and have fun!

Bloo
11th April 2010, 10:07 PM
Did get in finnaly but got bored out of my skull after 5 missions its so linear and single player orientated putting it online is just a waste of time from the missions so far.

AND

The limited graphics and indestructible environments is also pretty poor for a 2010 pc game, even the cars are still shiny after a mag of an M4A1.

The first five tutorial missions are dull as hell indeed. But after you've completed that, you go into the full game where the missions pair you up with other live players, it isn't singleplayer oriented at all since there are no bots, just other live opponents.

The low graphics is because it's a beta, if you look at the character creation tool and the depth of the graphics there, you'll see the level in which the final graphics will probably be like.

And again, the cars thing is probably due to it being a... beta. Shock horror.

ez64
11th April 2010, 10:10 PM
The first five tutorial missions are dull as hell indeed. But after you've completed that, you go into the full game where the missions pair you up with other live players, it isn't singleplayer oriented at all since there are no bots, just other live opponents.

The low graphics is because it's a beta, if you look at the character creation tool and the depth of the graphics there, you'll see the level in which the final graphics will probably be like.

And again, the cars thing is probably due to it being a... beta. Shock horror.

I can almost beat you the full game will look exactly like that, and there are NPC's everywhere in the game.

Bloo
11th April 2010, 10:23 PM
I can almost beat you the full game will look exactly like that, and there are NPC's everywhere in the game.

The bots are citizens, they don't have guns. The people who shoot you are always going to have a human controlling them.

And for the 'beat' that it will look exactly the same on release, eh, we'll just have to disagree because I think they'll improve upon it.

VoX
11th April 2010, 10:41 PM
to vox managing to park his car by the waterfront on it's door.

Dam straight you know I parked that car well :D.

Target
12th April 2010, 12:59 AM
lol so should we all download this and play together or not bothered I'm confused.com

D_K_Head
12th April 2010, 01:11 AM
I really don't care about the graphics guys... we're talking about a game that combines the gameplay of the GTA series, and saints row, stuffs it full of customisation and humor, and let's a fuckton of players loose to kick, shoot and ram the living snot out of each other.

Do you seriously have nothing better to bitch about than a bad single-player experience, and the graphics?

Vicious Horizon
12th April 2010, 10:34 AM
@ez, failing to take into account the fact that it's a beta?

Bloo
12th April 2010, 02:09 PM
And the game still needs more zombies.

Vicious Horizon
12th April 2010, 02:33 PM
Agreed, actually... fuck APB, I want a zombie MMO.

Chazlene
13th April 2010, 02:28 PM
WOOP. I just mucked around with the files a bit in the APB directory and now it's DLing, so I can play on Sunday or whenever the next beta test is :D