PDA

View Full Version : Reset Rank Command

Chalex4
21st April 2007, 03:43 PM
I am thinking of putting the "!resetrank" command onto the server. This will reset your rank, but the only glitch with it is that it will keep your damage and weapon stats, clearing everything else. What do you guys think?

Hutch
21st April 2007, 05:07 PM
Ok, I like the idea of fixing it so i have a 4:1 death ratio some days.

VoX
21st April 2007, 08:18 PM
Yeh I think it would be good, and even better if it could be set to reset weapon and damage stats too.

Chalex4
21st April 2007, 11:28 PM
This has now been added to the server.

YaYo
22nd April 2007, 11:59 AM
yeah reset rank is a good mod but i dont think i'll use it lol i got over 8000 kills.

Isphera
22nd April 2007, 10:10 PM
I dont want to write I five page essay on how crap this idea is, as ive already told Chalex what I think of it.

Hardie
23rd April 2007, 07:29 AM
I dont want to write I five page essay on how crap this idea is, as ive already told Chalex what I think of it.

how is it rubbish it just gives people with a crap rank/kdr a new start i absolutely love it because i had a crap 1.5 kdr on it so ive reset it

Isphera
23rd April 2007, 05:32 PM
Cause it forces them to get better to even it out, if you can just reset we get people going 'WTF laxer haxer lol omfg hax noob fag lol, crap rank due to haX', on the server just being crap and spaming the command. If you really wanted to be good, then you would practice, and then in tyurn, your rank will be better. Plus this will mess up ranking tables done by KDR.

e.g. n00b gets 0:48 KDR, Reset. Then gets 21:0 KDR by fluke, logs. He is then top of the leader board. We will, not may, WILL, get loads of these people ont he server and all the rank tables will be messed up for those that either (a), play for the better rank, or (b), actually care.

I don't care what rank I am, I am only saying this because it is simply unfair on those people that play on our servers religiously and have literally worked for good ranks, and it also simply allows new timers a fresh start whenever they want it, until they get the easy KDR they want.

BTW, I have an exact 1:1 KDR, and I wont be resetting.

Hutch
23rd April 2007, 05:48 PM
Nice thoughts but the way the ranks work its ranked by points, you dont get points for just having a KDR, its for whether you are active on the server, get headshots,plant/defuse the bomb and to get lots of points you need more than 21 kills in total.

WRONG ORICALCOS, Also play CSS :)

undeaded
23rd April 2007, 07:31 PM
Why don't you guys just play AA? It records everything you do... even teamkills and where you hit them :p.

VeNom
23rd April 2007, 08:07 PM
With AA u mean americas army? Americas Army owns the shit out of everything! But it should be more maps to play on.. AA FTW!!!!

undeaded
23rd April 2007, 08:22 PM
With AA u mean americas army? Americas Army owns the shit out of everything! But it should be more maps to play on.. AA FTW!!!!

Amen =)

I'm in Bridgemonkeys for AA:

http://bridgemonkeys.clanservers.com

Chazlene
24th April 2007, 08:48 PM
AA is just Propaganda... and it's too.. American...

VeNom
24th April 2007, 09:00 PM
OMFG ITS ENOUGH HAVE THE FUCKING AMERiCANS EVER DONE YOU SOMETHING??

Chazlene
24th April 2007, 09:04 PM
Well, firstly they insulted the English Language by dumbing down and changing a lot of words, but judging by your post, the Scandinavians have insulted the English language even more...

VeNom
24th April 2007, 09:10 PM
well listening 2 cokneys(or what the name is) is actually anoying, we have 2 do it every single english clas...Its simly just anoying...

Isphera
24th April 2007, 10:28 PM
Im with Chazman on this one. AA = Steaming pile of Horseshit with a rectal disease.

undeaded
25th April 2007, 12:46 PM
It's a game which requires skill, something you lack fatso.

Chalex4
25th April 2007, 01:35 PM
Undeaded, please refrain from the random insults. If I see anything like that from you again you will face an infraction and perhaps a timed ban.

VeNom
25th April 2007, 02:35 PM
HAH! you couldnt say something to mine :p couse its true!

Hutch
25th April 2007, 04:46 PM
Undeaded, please refrain from the random insults. If I see anything like that from you again you will face an infraction and perhaps a timed ban.

Although he was rude unnecessarily (Or maybe). May I point out that it wasn't a random insult as Oricalcos is known to be fat. So actually it was a calculated insult defending Undeaded's favorite game. You've surely heard Oric when someone has a go at World of Warcraft (Shite).

Isphera
25th April 2007, 05:51 PM
Tempting as it is Hutch, ill let the WoW comment slide :D

undeaded
25th April 2007, 06:39 PM
WOW is like chewing horsecrap without the fun.

Isphera
25th April 2007, 07:46 PM
You had to go there didn't you :p