PDA

View Full Version : i40

Target
12th April 2010, 01:44 AM
Well as no one else has and the discount ends Wed...

Where we going to sit..other games section as usual???
Also where is Chalex at to sort this crap out :D

Plus who is actually going, I know me, mitch and cillit are, it looks pretty amazing and its at Newbury which is WIN!!!

EDITED BY CHALEX4
People that are going:

Chalex4 (might also have 1 uni friend going)
Chazlene
Bloo
Trigger (hopefully sitting with us)
Phantom
Colonel Mitch
RainY (Mitch's friend)
aln (Mitch's friend)
splinter (Mitch's friend)
Misa (Mitch's friend)
Target
Cillit Bang
ez64
D_K_Head
VH
Marshy
Vox
Paper Tiger

http://iseries.multiplay.co.uk/

ez64
12th April 2010, 01:57 AM
I'll be going and paying before Wednesday, bit annoyed about the price hikes every year though (whether it be in initial ticket price or hidden extra costs everywhere).

Target
12th April 2010, 03:47 AM
Well hopefully they'll have spent it on getting some more things in the exhibition aswell as some awesome raffle prizes. Tbh I'd rather pay a little bit extra to have a good exhibition aread unlike i37 where it was a bit too small especially for the size of the room they had

ez64
12th April 2010, 04:34 AM
The exhibition is made up from company's paying silly amounts of money to be there, us paying a lot more for the same venue doesn't mean a better exhibition.

D_K_Head
12th April 2010, 04:45 AM
Signs point to an APB presence at i40

(Fileplay was part of the key-giving, and they're a british dev team.)

I say why not? The summer i-series is our annual meetup, and it sounds fun...

...not looking foward to tent living AGAIN though... which reminds me. Mitch, are you going to have a spot for an oversleeper again, this time around?

Calneon
12th April 2010, 09:19 AM
I'll sign up whenever we know for certain what's happening. We need some organization.

CHALEX!

Chazlene
12th April 2010, 09:56 AM
I'm definitely going, I don't see why we wouldn't be in the other games section as usual. Plus Newbury is indeed win Target... only 20 mins from my place :D

Vicious Horizon
12th April 2010, 10:36 AM
Definately going, seeing if I can buy tickets.... now.

Colonel Mitch
12th April 2010, 12:50 PM
Signs point to an APB presence at i40

(Fileplay was part of the key-giving, and they're a british dev team.)

I say why not? The summer i-series is our annual meetup, and it sounds fun...

...not looking foward to tent living AGAIN though... which reminds me. Mitch, are you going to have a spot for an oversleeper again, this time around?

Dnt think ill be bringing the loltent this time. bringing a smaller 1 that takes less space in car and quicker to set up or possibly getting a towbar and towing license and stealing freddies small caravan.

If i have smaller tent there wont be space, and if we bring the caravan im not sure how many it sleeps and its kinda up to freddie but i think im coming with 2 other friends from uni anyway.

Vicious Horizon
12th April 2010, 01:01 PM
I'll bring my tent, which can take 2 intimately (LOL).

Calneon
12th April 2010, 01:04 PM
My tent could fit 5, if they slept on top of each other.

Marshy
12th April 2010, 01:25 PM
I'm in, most years i say that but im actually going this year!

Trigger
12th April 2010, 01:45 PM
I would go, but if im on staff they may not let me sit with you guys. It all depends if i organise a tournament or just commentate. Ill see what tournaments end up being chosen

Vicious Horizon
12th April 2010, 01:50 PM
Trig, you're staffing at i40? Awesome =D

Chalex4
12th April 2010, 02:44 PM
I'll be going, although I'm not sure I'd be there for the early bird.

Sleeping arrangements... will be decided later :p.

D_K_Head
12th April 2010, 03:03 PM
bringing a camera this time chalex? we need something to bug you about again.

VoX
12th April 2010, 03:05 PM
If people are going I might as well haha.

Vicious Horizon
12th April 2010, 03:40 PM
But you're not driving VoX, not after last night

D_K_Head
12th April 2010, 04:10 PM
hehe, owned by VH.

<-- is the driver. End of.

Vicious Horizon
12th April 2010, 05:15 PM
I'll fly the Helo, and hope like hell no Americans think we're terrorists.. wait, wrong country.

Colonel Mitch
12th April 2010, 06:28 PM
I'll bring my tent, which can take 2 intimately (LOL).

In that case in sure chalex would be more than happy to share ;)

Chalex4
12th April 2010, 06:37 PM
I've signed up now, in the other games section. I don't think the seating plan is available yet, so we'll sort that out later.

As for another video, it all depends how long I'm going to be there for. I'd like to.

Chalex4
12th April 2010, 07:14 PM
Guys, I guessed the seating plan address and managed to find it for i40 :D.

http://iseries.multiplay.co.uk/seating/

Since noone has put themselves anywhere yet, we can choose! Personally, I really liked the 1st floor Berkshire stand at i31. It was nice and cool compared to everywhere else.

What does everyone else think?

Colonel Mitch
12th April 2010, 07:43 PM
Guys, I guessed the seating plan address and managed to find it for i40 :D.

Since noone has put themselves anywhere yet, we can choose! Personally, I really liked the 1st floor Berkshire stand at i31. It was nice and cool compared to everywhere else.

What does everyone else think?

NICE AND COOL COMPARED TO EVERYWHERE ELSE???

IT WAS FUCKING ROASTING! MY CHOCOLATE MILK CURDLED IN 1 DAY.......

to be fair it was lol hot everywhere but yeah other than the neat it was a nice place to be seated.

Chazlene
12th April 2010, 07:47 PM
Agreed with Berkshire stand, it was fine last time, plus there was a bar right next to our seats :D

Vicious Horizon
12th April 2010, 08:05 PM
Berkshire stand

D_K_Head
12th April 2010, 08:22 PM
...I like being higher-up, and having a view, but if it's nicer on the ground floor, then let there be... ground floor.

is it crowded?

Vicious Horizon
12th April 2010, 09:01 PM
Is it a good idea to get the early arrival service thing?

Chalex4
12th April 2010, 09:12 PM
Phantom and Trigger will agree with me when I say that the ground floor of the Berkshire stand was roasting at i33. That's why I definitely think 1st floor would be a better idea.

ONE OTHER possibility would be to have our own box, but do we really want to be separated off from the majority of the LAN? VH, EAS allows you to check in at about 6pm on the Thursday. I'll order that later if I need it, but it has definitely proved useful in the past.

ez64
12th April 2010, 09:56 PM
Downstairs was unbearable and the first floor was a lot cooler but still very hot.

Would vote for the same level as i31 :)

The box's were quite a bit cooler due to the balcony and defiantly should be considered early on as they will go extremely quickly as this will be a sell out lan early on.

Chazlene
12th April 2010, 10:10 PM
tbh I'd rather not be in a box, wouldn't be as fun if we're cut off from the rest of the lan. Plus we might miss a conga line or summat :p

VoX
12th April 2010, 10:23 PM
Providing I don't die from the heat then I'm not fussed where we go, although being cut off from the rest of the LAN would suck a bit.

Target
13th April 2010, 01:18 AM
i31 seating was pretty epic tbh, and we certainly need a video chalex, tbh this is prob going to be one of the better iseries we've been to since i31. And chalex we'll hide your car so you can't muaha *jokes*

Isphera
13th April 2010, 02:10 AM
I know you guys already know this, but just to remind you, I'm not going to i40 because I've already booked Reading Festival and for some inexplicable reason, Multiplay decided to arrange it for the same weekend.

ez64
13th April 2010, 02:12 AM
awesome sig :D

Vicious Horizon
13th April 2010, 10:34 AM
So, Probably going to go for 1st floor Berkshire? Or.... I dunno, I haven't looked at the map yet so I have no idea of the layout.

Colonel Mitch
13th April 2010, 12:02 PM
I know you guys already know this, but just to remind you, I'm not going to i40 because I've already booked Reading Festival and for some inexplicable reason, Multiplay decided to arrange it for the same weekend.

Perhaps this was booked before the dates fro reading were out. its likley this has been booked for a long time.

The fact that they are offering i-lite (39.5) shows theyre aware its a problem.

Going to the bank today and booking tongiht :D

Berkshire stand sounds good to me :)

How many of us are going? - if its a significant enough number getting a box may not be as gay as it sounds. IIRC your next that cut off, just like wedge open the door and the lans right there, and if theres many of us in the box would prob still be win.

Vicious Horizon
13th April 2010, 01:10 PM
I kind of like the idea of being stuck in there with everyone, rather than being isolated, personally, but you guys are more experienced than me with all this stuff.

D_K_Head
13th April 2010, 01:55 PM
if I get hit by ANOTHER frisbee, i'll be annoyed...

that said, isolation in a LAN seems to somehow defeat the purpose...

Calneon
13th April 2010, 02:15 PM
Payed.

D_K_Head
13th April 2010, 02:23 PM
Payed.

ditto

Any idea when the plan opens up/who's leading?

Colonel Mitch
13th April 2010, 02:28 PM
Payed.

Chazlene
13th April 2010, 02:44 PM
I haven't payed, but I have PAID.

Target
13th April 2010, 02:44 PM
PAID!!! Chalex get our seats sorted :D

Shall we just pick a row somewhere and start filling it and then we can sort where everyone is sitting after

Chazlene
13th April 2010, 02:53 PM
Shall we just pick a row somewhere and start filling it and then we can sort where everyone is sitting after

Yes. I've already chosen, Berkshire Stand 1st floor, in the middle somewhere, so fill up around me.

Chalex4
13th April 2010, 03:18 PM
Yeah guys, I'm sitting next to Chazlene atm:

Fill up around us, and if we get more than 10 people wanting to go then we'll fill up the row behind (NOT OPPOSITE).

VoX
13th April 2010, 05:02 PM
Booked and will hopefully pay tonight.

Chalex4
13th April 2010, 05:34 PM
We really need to spread out on the seatpicker. I can easily see us having more than 10 people going, so we're going to need that row behind. I'm moving myself there.

Can some others try to take that row with me?

Chalex4
13th April 2010, 05:44 PM
This will make it easier to understand, I've labelled the rows we want A and B:

http://www.atkcommunity.com/gallery/images/2/1_seating.png
(http://iseries.multiplay.co.uk/seating/)
The orange seats on row A aren't us, let's try to overpower them :p. Although I know we won't need all 20 seats, we may need 14 or so.

EDIT: I'm now sitting next to 3 members of a completely random clan. YAY *help!*

Chazlene
13th April 2010, 05:53 PM
Well we probs won't excede 14 members going Chalex, so we'll only need those 4 free seats to your left.

Target
13th April 2010, 05:53 PM
Chalex you noob come on mumble and you've put ur self in teh middle of another clan u douche

ez64
13th April 2010, 05:59 PM
Are those the same rows next to the giant breezy doors (if so let the ATK invasion begin :D)?

Target
13th April 2010, 06:02 PM
Ez jump on seat planner and sit next to the guy on the right of chalex

http://iseries.multiplay.co.uk/seating/index.php

Chalex4
13th April 2010, 06:03 PM
Well we probs won't excede 14 members going Chalex, so we'll only need those 4 free seats to your left.

Yeah I know, but their clan might be planning on grabbing all 20 seats. That's just not on!

If the GAG clan stays there, then we'll probably just all have to move.

Vicious Horizon
13th April 2010, 06:09 PM
Ok, I'm on B1-G7, next to Chaz, fill up around us =D

Chalex4
13th April 2010, 06:13 PM
Ok, I'm on B1-G7, next to Chaz, fill up around us =D

Are you Jayke Kelly?

-{GAG}-Wigelz
13th April 2010, 06:32 PM
nice to see you guys moved in our spaces! thought it was obvious we were trying to save the space!

anyways we moved! so you can spread your 14 ppl out! our 14 cant fit there also!

Chalex4
13th April 2010, 06:32 PM
Yeah mate sorry about that! We we just hoping we could have the row behind too :).

Thanks so much for moving! Have an awesome LAN.

-{GAG}-Wigelz
13th April 2010, 06:37 PM
yeh we only went there coz the bar opens up there! have a good one!

Target
13th April 2010, 06:55 PM
yeh we only went there coz the bar opens up there! have a good one!

haha blame Chalex we all said we'd move but he got all macho and said where stayin :S

Vicious Horizon
13th April 2010, 07:04 PM
Are you Jayke Kelly?

Yus, I am.

Hopefully more people will fill in soon, or we'll all look a little silly, kicking GoG out for the amount of us there are.

(also DK, why are you in FPS?)

Chalex4
13th April 2010, 08:03 PM
People that are going:

Chalex4 (might also have 2 uni friends going)
Chazlene
Bloo
Phantom
Colonel Mitch
Target
Cillit Bang
ez64
D_K_Head
VH
Marshy

I think we have a good bunch so far :). I might bring along a few extra people, and maybe oric will realise that the Reading lineup is crap.

Colonel Mitch
13th April 2010, 08:22 PM
I also may have 2 uni friends coming

ez64
13th April 2010, 08:26 PM
whoresome some generals ownage will ensue, I better get paid up.

VoX
13th April 2010, 09:39 PM
Booked, paid and grabbed a seat next to Chaz. Added my name onto the list on initial post.

ez - Gargh, can't we do play Worms World Party instead? Can't stand generals haha

Isphera
13th April 2010, 10:28 PM
I think we have a good bunch so far :). I might bring along a few extra people, and maybe oric will realise that the Reading lineup is crap.

Fuck you.

Calneon
14th April 2010, 01:30 AM
I'm guessing most people also got EAS.

Calneon
14th April 2010, 01:36 AM
ez - Gargh, can't we do play Worms World Party instead? Can't stand generals haha
Fuck yeah, or Armageddon. We gotta get some proper games though, BnG (Bazookas and Grenades), rope racers, shopping, or the best, battle race maps where you have an intricate map you have to get to the end by jumping and walking, and you have punches and mines too stop your opponents. Some example maps:

http://wmdb.org/images/maps/medium/2042.jpg

http://wmdb.org/images/maps/medium/329.jpg

Target
14th April 2010, 02:21 AM
Some of us who live a bit further away where thinking of not gettin EAS but turning up early setting tents up etc and have a few beerski's play some console games on projector like i31 it was pro. Then get a reasonable early night fresh for qq and pewpew the next day

Vicious Horizon
14th April 2010, 08:41 AM
I might fork out the extra, can I change EAS somewhere?

D_K_Head
14th April 2010, 10:04 AM
i'm sorry, is that second map from LEMMINGS? that's epicness on a stick!

Calneon
14th April 2010, 11:34 AM
i'm sorry, is that second map from LEMMINGS? that's epicness on a stick!
Yes, people recreate Lemmings levels in worms.

Chazlene
14th April 2010, 12:15 PM
Daymn that was pro at i31 when we were all on Worms World Party together, gotta do that again this time.

Colonel Mitch
14th April 2010, 01:59 PM
RainY - Mate from uni is coming to i40. Hes super awesome-o. Hes filling up the row next to DK.
He's also my idol.

Paper Tiger
14th April 2010, 05:10 PM
Will be coming!

Need to pay - bugging dad for the money! XD

Will book by the end of today for sure!

EDIT: Dad said he'd pay it for now so I get the early bird discount! WIN =]

Chalex4
14th April 2010, 05:22 PM
I was hoping you'd come!! It seems you only ever come back to ATK at LAN times lol :p.

So far, we have 15 ATK members going - the most ever :)

Chazlene
Bloo
Phantom
Colonel Mitch
RainY (Mitch's mate)
Target
Cillit Bang
ez64
D_K_Head
VH
Marshy
Vox
Paper Tiger

We need 5 more. Invite all your friends!

Chazlene
14th April 2010, 05:39 PM
Chalex, are the shirts changing or we keeping the current Novint ones? Might be the first time we all don't have to buy new shirts...

Chalex4
14th April 2010, 05:47 PM
We're going to need new shirts, sorry. I haven't decided about new sponsors yet. I'm hoping Asus/Nvidia :p.

I'm HOPING that one sponsorship deal will mean that they pay for the shirts.

Vicious Horizon
14th April 2010, 05:59 PM
nVidia? Pah.

Are we not going to ask Novint again?
And may I suggest if the Asus/nVidia falls through, we can go for a peripheral manufacturer such as Cyborg? I have the feeling that Cyborg would look pretty cool on our ATK shirts.

Bloo
14th April 2010, 06:15 PM
Err, I'm still a maybe. Like I said.

Need moneyz.

Vicious Horizon
14th April 2010, 06:35 PM
You're coming Bloo, there's no maybe about it >=O

VoX
14th April 2010, 07:02 PM
I'm hoping Asus/Nvidia :p.

I'm also hoping to win the lottery :p.

Trigger
14th April 2010, 07:26 PM
I could get a couple of people from university to come but oncemore it depends where im allowed to sit/if im on staff, they rang me up today so im going to chat with them tomorrow and see whats going on.

Expect answer/booking from me then in the next couple of days

(ill be going anyway if im not on staff just i now miss discount :( )

Chalex4
14th April 2010, 07:44 PM
I've just seen a lot of clans that are sponsored by Asus and Nvidia. Sure, we won't get a massive sponsorship deal, but every little helps.

I'll of course have a couple of backup options. I may create a thread on that at some point. I'll probably end up asking Novint again anyway, but I'm not sure I'm up for promoting them in the same way again.

Vicious Horizon
14th April 2010, 07:52 PM
We kinda want to be different from the main bunch, which is why I reckon that Novint was a good deal in the first place.

I agree with not demo-ing the Novint in the same way again, but I'd happily use my PC if we do end up demoing something again.

I can have a scout around for some companies if you want me to.

Chalex4
14th April 2010, 11:27 PM
I'll keep you all updated with what happens :).

Who is Robin Henderson (splinter) by the way? Is he one of your mates Mitch? It's nice to see a new person coming along.

ez64
15th April 2010, 12:16 AM
Forgot to pay before the deadline by acident and I cba to pay £100 odd when I really need to save money.

Sorry guys gonna have to miss this one, would still be up for an ATK lan if it happened though or might come down and spectate.

Paper Tiger
15th April 2010, 12:24 AM
That sucks dude! Hope to see you there, even if you just come as spec.

I made sure I got mine paid before the deadline for that reason... My dad owes me money at the moment anyway.

Hopefully I'll have my own car by then anyway (Damn well hope so)

Chalex4
15th April 2010, 01:16 AM
Forgot to pay before the deadline by acident and I cba to pay £100 odd when I really need to save money.

Sorry guys gonna have to miss this one, would still be up for an ATK lan if it happened though or might come down and spectate.

Surely you've been enough times to qualify for the discount? I can get it and I've only been to i30, i31, i33, i34, i37.

Target
15th April 2010, 01:19 AM
Yeah but ez look how many people there are going, think its lookin like it could be the best i-series ATK has had, or anyone has had. You don;t need eas, think it will be well worth the money :s

ez64
15th April 2010, 05:29 AM
Surely you've been enough times to qualify for the discount? I can get it and I've only been to i30, i31, i33, i34, i37.

You give me too much credit :D

Ive only attended i31, i34 and i37 but many many many smaller lans.

Might book after all but wont be paying for EAS but will arrive on thursday.

D_K_Head
15th April 2010, 08:23 AM
I think we're not using EAS this time around...

which is a shame, because I've already booked it.

VoX
15th April 2010, 10:25 AM
I've got EAS, pretty sure Chaz has it as well, most likely a few others too.

Vicious Horizon
15th April 2010, 10:29 AM
I might get it then

Colonel Mitch
15th April 2010, 11:07 AM
Allan, Kyle, Rob and Jo are now all booked, payed and placed on our row.

I;m their seat manager so i can move them around when the time comes.

Giles your coming right?

Target
15th April 2010, 11:38 AM
I'm pretty sure where arriving on thursday but not using eas, would be good for us all to get know each other and have a laugh me thinks. Eas last time was a bit fail with the network not fully working and our row having constant power cuts

Chalex4
15th April 2010, 12:12 PM
It's good to hear that you're coming Giles :). Let us know when you've booked. I believe this is the list so far:

Chazlene
Bloo
Phantom
Colonel Mitch
RainY (Mitch's friend)
aln (Mitch's friend)
splinter (Mitch's friend)
Misa (Mitch's friend)
Target
Cillit Bang
ez64
D_K_Head
VH
Marshy
Vox
Paper Tiger

I spoke to darkeagle and him and darkpidgeon are thinking of going with us. If we start to exceed 20, then we'll just have to contact multiplay and find some extra space :p.

Trigger
15th April 2010, 02:46 PM
Shit mitch when did you get so many friends? xD

Paper Tiger
15th April 2010, 02:59 PM
I'm not getting EAS 'cos I'm turning up a day late (I think, will have to confirm). I have a wedding to go to on the Friday

Target
15th April 2010, 05:36 PM
lol @ Trigger :D

-{GAG}-Wigelz
15th April 2010, 06:05 PM
so you know there was a defrag on the seats earlyer!! its unlocked again now!

Target
15th April 2010, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the heads up but we appear to still be sat in the same place unless it hasn't updated yet, although some random cod player has sat himself in our row :S

Vicious Horizon
16th April 2010, 08:01 AM
Yeah, we're still in same place, with some CoD noob sitting on our row >.<

Looks like a few more people have come who I don't recognise; but it's not much of a problem eh? - Should I go to =EWG= and inform them that one of their guys is on our row? I've got a good aim for kneecaps.

aBhorsen
19th April 2010, 09:57 AM
Yeah, we're still in same place, with some CoD noob sitting on our row >.<

Looks like a few more people have come who I don't recognise; but it's not much of a problem eh? - Should I go to =EWG= and inform them that one of their guys is on our row? I've got a good aim for kneecaps.

You could aim for his kneecaps but i've heard he is 7ft and built like a brick shithouse with lazzzzors for eyes!

I've moved our guy from your row, was just trying to get our 4 guys together and thought that your one guy may move nicely on to the row with other ATK members which has a space... 0_o

Chazlene
19th April 2010, 10:51 AM
You could aim for his kneecaps but i've heard he is 7ft and built like a brick shithouse with lazzzzors for eyes!

I've moved our guy from your row, was just trying to get our 4 guys together and thought that your one guy may move nicely on to the row with other ATK members which has a space... 0_o

Ah cheers for doing that, sorry though but we might have 20 of us going to i40 so it's likely that we need the entirety of both rows.

aBhorsen
19th April 2010, 11:24 AM
Ah cheers for doing that, sorry though but we might have 20 of us going to i40 so it's likely that we need the entirety of both rows.

No worries, heres hoping for a defrag...

Colonel Mitch
19th April 2010, 02:54 PM
About sponsors chalex if u think u cud get high profile like nvidia / asus, you thought of AMD/ATI/Intel?

Chalex4
19th April 2010, 03:04 PM
Thanks for moving aBhorsen, it seems the seating plan needs a defrag at least once a week now lol.

I haven't started with the sponsors yet, but I'll certainly try the best I can.

I probably wouldn't go for Nvidia AND Ati though!

Isphera
19th April 2010, 05:10 PM
I doubt you'd get either TBF - since they'd probably require all of us to use one or the other, and that isn't the case.

Chazlene
19th April 2010, 05:15 PM
In terms of sponsorship I agree with what Target said, we should try to get sponsored by a company that produces headphones, mice, keyboards, etc... so they'd be able to actually give some free merchandise which we can give to members who help out the most at i40, just like we did with the Falcons at i37.

Colonel Mitch
19th April 2010, 06:13 PM
I doubt you'd get either TBF - since they'd probably require all of us to use one or the other, and that isn't the case.

Thanks for moving aBhorsen, it seems the seating plan needs a defrag at least once a week now lol.

I haven't started with the sponsors yet, but I'll certainly try the best I can.

I probably wouldn't go for Nvidia AND Ati though!

In terms of sponsorship I agree with what Target said, we should try to get sponsored by a company that produces headphones, mice, keyboards, etc... so they'd be able to actually give some free merchandise which we can give to members who help out the most at i40, just like we did with the Falcons at i37.

It cant hurt to ask both then in the very unlikely event they both say yes inform whichever one we like the least first we have the other and see if they drop out, then vice versa. Also unless they're willing to give us all cards/cpus they cant really complain about personal choice, at the end of the day tis just free advertising for them.

Also yes it does make more sense to get a peripheral manufacturer on the list - saitek maybe?
Either way the more sponsors the better. having saitek doesn't exactly mean we cant also have AMD and nvidia or whatever if they were to say yes.

Vicious Horizon
19th April 2010, 06:17 PM
"we should try to get sponsored by a company that produces headphones, mice, keyboards, etc..."

Like I said a few pages back - Saitek Cyborg, high quality stuff, a logo that will look good on our shirts and it'll coincide with their new mice that are coming out, it's poifick.

VoX
19th April 2010, 07:02 PM
Get Logitech, Goldring or Sennheiser and free merchandise, will <3 haha

D_K_Head
19th April 2010, 07:07 PM
Not logitec please... I've had WAY too many problems with their webcams and mics to feel good about having their logo on my back...

Calneon
19th April 2010, 07:24 PM
Logitech is cool, gave me a free G500.

Target
19th April 2010, 07:42 PM
Yes totally agree with vox, also ask Razor and other keyboard/mouse manufacturers :D

VoX
19th April 2010, 08:09 PM
Not logitec please... I've had WAY too many problems with their webcams and mics to feel good about having their logo on my back...

Protip, RMA them. You will nearly always get a return for free :).

Setsoru
30th June 2010, 09:50 AM
hmm i wanna go, but i can't access the ticket sales yet.. I'll set up a multiplay account though.

Anything i should know about buying the tickets/living arrangements?

Vicious Horizon
30th June 2010, 09:59 AM
Living Arrangements -

In a tent, with slimy stuff crawling all over you. That may have just been down to my young looks though (Whoever gets that, +1 hug)

Chazlene
30th June 2010, 11:00 AM
Buying Tickets - There's an option to pay for Early Arrival Service, which means you can turn up the day before the first day of i40 and set up your PC and stuff so you're instantly ready the next day. Some of us have got it, but if you don't you can still arrive on the day before and set up you tent, and just sleep with your computer or whatever. When you make your account put your clan tag as |ATK|, will make stuff easier, plus when choosing your seat we're the large group of purple squares on the Berkshire Stand 1st floor.

Living Arrangements - Bring your own tent, sleep in your car, or there will be space in one of the big tents we're bringing. If you get there before anyone else find a decent large enough camping spot for all of us and make a perimeter of urine to mark our territory, finally don't boast about have a pop-up tent because it'll get thrown in a skip.

ez64
30th June 2010, 12:40 PM
without EAS though you will miss the entire que if you just sign in next morning so I may have to do that so I dont have to sit in a 2 hour que again.

Isphera
30th June 2010, 01:16 PM
Like I did at i34 :D That was funny as fuck - I just walked right by this big ass queue that was going around the building and went I'll have EAS please, danke schon. And I was in :D

Chazlene
30th June 2010, 01:18 PM
without EAS though you will miss the entire que if you just sign in next morning so I may have to do that so I dont have to sit in a 2 hour que again.

Yeah I might as well, the queue at i37 was ridiculous, and it was raining.

ez64
30th June 2010, 02:51 PM
Like I did at i34 :D That was funny as fuck - I just walked right by this big ass queue that was going around the building and went I'll have EAS please, danke schon. And I was in :D

They have stopped that now but it was fucking retarded on the part of multiplay, ill just cotch outside or go into town.

Colonel Mitch
30th June 2010, 05:48 PM
Only got EAS for iLite and not had a problem with queue ever.

i31 we got up in the morning and took about 5 mins, i34 queue was ok in the morning (or did we get EAS i dont remember) :D, i36 queue was non existant, i37 i jsut walek in with my wristband from i31/34.

D_K_Head
30th June 2010, 06:04 PM
didn't lite have 200 people? It wasn't exactly large, as far as I recall. Grab EAS if you want an extra day of pew pew, but either way, don't show up when you're surposed to, show up about 20 minutes before you're surposed to, or you'll get lolqueue'd

oh, and the tent went on a dumpster, not a skip

ez64
30th June 2010, 08:48 PM
Only got EAS for iLite and not had a problem with queue ever.

i31 we got up in the morning and took about 5 mins, i34 queue was ok in the morning (or did we get EAS i dont remember) :D, i36 queue was non existant, i37 i jsut walek in with my wristband from i31/34.

Friday mornings will have no one im talking about thursday.

Colonel Mitch
30th June 2010, 08:52 PM
didn't lite have 200 people? It wasn't exactly large, as far as I recall. Grab EAS if you want an extra day of pew pew, but either way, don't show up when you're surposed to, show up about 20 minutes before you're surposed to, or you'll get lolqueue'd

oh, and the tent went on a dumpster, not a skip

You didnt understand.

I meant the onyl ime ive had EAS was for i lite. and otherwise ive never had a problem queueing for more than 5 mins.

Target
1st July 2010, 01:52 PM
lol last time me and Freddy had to qq for aaaaaaaages but I'm tempted to find out what time the doors open and get there uber early so I dnt have to qq that long, I may even go before I get a shower Marshy :O

D_K_Head
1st July 2010, 02:32 PM
You didnt understand.

I meant the onyl ime ive had EAS was for i lite. and otherwise ive never had a problem queueing for more than 5 mins.

ah, got you

Well I guess most people arrive early anyway, so if you hate queues, arrive late. There was a massive fucking wait for i37 anyway

ez64
1st July 2010, 02:39 PM
lol last time me and Freddy had to qq for aaaaaaaages but I'm tempted to find out what time the doors open and get there uber early so I dnt have to qq that long, I may even go before I get a shower Marshy :O

I imagine that will keep the que clear :D

Setsoru
13th July 2010, 05:08 PM
booked and payed

waiting to choose a seat, i don't mind where i sit, i'm guessing there is going to be rearranging anyway, so i booked between VH and RainY
its either that or next to DKhead.. :S

i don't have early bird but i got a tent that is.... usable so i will arrive early anyway. I just got a laptop with not much to set up so i am not fussed

Vicious Horizon
13th July 2010, 05:48 PM
Cool, you can sit next to me and protect me from certain other members of the community

Isphera
14th July 2010, 10:09 AM
It doesn't matter where you sit, Chalex will find a way to molest you somehow.

Chalex4
15th July 2010, 10:34 AM
Lol Oric. In terms of what I'm doing, I'll probably arrive late on Thursday afternoon and leave Monday midday.

Might grab EAS too so I can skip the Friday queues.

Isphera
15th July 2010, 10:53 AM
For those who've never done it - EAS is worth it. Essentially adding an evening to the lan, and getting there a day early, the value of that is so much more than the price.

Chazlene
18th August 2010, 09:01 PM
The venue map has been put up on the Multiplay site, looks like we won't be able to camp where we did last time since the area's not even displayed on the map, but look at the top right, beer garden and chippy!

http://static.multiplayuk.com/images/content/i40/i40-venue-map.jpg