PDA

View Full Version : Haz small problemo

Target
14th April 2010, 02:32 AM
Since stealing mitch's mobo and processor, my gfx cards has developed a strange problem...when playing a game like cod4 or bc2 or wow its fine for a good few hours usually but then it starts to randomly crash... in cod4 its not too bad you just lag out for a few secs screen goes black then the device is recovered, wow is the same. But BC2 is annoying because you have to spam ctrl alt delete till u eventually get taskman...any suggestions..i haz latest drivers and shizzle and its not overheating...im on win7

Colonel Mitch
14th April 2010, 03:21 AM
I blame 7.

Ive always had the random crashes but usually only once every few days, and usually only in generals or when overclocked.

Try hitting the reset bios button on the back of the motherboard. often fixes gayness

D_K_Head
14th April 2010, 07:38 AM
i've gotten this exact problem before... started at i37... I just put it down to an annoying virus, or mitch frying my PC... think it's fixable?

VoX
14th April 2010, 10:24 AM
Due to the fact that it happens after a while in a game, I'd guess overheating on either the north/south bridge or the GCard itself.

If you can, point a fan at them and play a game, see if if fixes the problem, if you do it one by one you would hopefully be able to find out which one is causing the issue (Or use GPU-Z to log Graphics temperatures and concentrate the fans on the NB/SB, unless they have thermal sensors too (Which is quite rare))

Calneon
14th April 2010, 11:33 AM
It's overheating in some way. That happens when I overclock too much, it senses the temps are too high and it goes black for a few seconds and restarts in a lower performance mode. You should notice a significant drop in performance after it restarts if this is the case. Try underclocking your card or turning the fan up/add an extra fan like VoX said and see if that solves the problem.

Colonel Mitch
14th April 2010, 11:45 AM
the board he has of mine is designed to be watercooled but tis suppsoed to be ok at stock voltages without.

it has temp sensors on the nb sb and processor and general mobo.

Target
14th April 2010, 05:15 PM
Could be gfx card overheating it is over clocked but I dnt think it was controlling fan speeds properly so i set it at 55% and managed to play bc2 for 4hours with no probs