PDA

View Full Version : i40 Mega Tent?

VoX
26th April 2010, 07:26 PM
Right, so Peirs isn't bringing his mega tent this year, luckily I might have had a bit of luck at securing a similarly big tent for about £60.

http://i40.tinypic.com/24cw2t4.jpg
(Currently my aunts, although set up in my garden, for scale the washing line is about 6 foot 5)

Due to the fact I need to buy the tent, I'd ask that you simply pay something like £5-10 to stay in it for the whole weekend, and ofcourse that you help set it up/put it down.

Inside there's 3 "bedrooms" and a pretty big floor space, not sure if the floor mat would go under the "bedrooms" meaning we could omit those and just have a massive space, but if not then we can get about 2 in each room (6 people) and then about 4 or so if needed in the massive space on the floor. We could also possibly set up a projector/Wii if Peirs is willing to bring them along with a generator (And if we are allowed to set them up that is).

So who's interested? Need to know within the next day so I can get an offer in soon before the tent hits ebay.

People I have spoken to who are interested:

Bloo
Chazlene
Marshy
Target

Calneon
26th April 2010, 08:11 PM
I have my own tent, but that looks awesome for people who don't. Looks a lot more secure than Mitch's one lol.

D_K_Head
26th April 2010, 08:31 PM
Think i'll bring my own this time around... as fun as it is trying to sleep in while i'm getting prodded from all directions, I think I prefer sleeping alone...

Colonel Mitch
26th April 2010, 08:39 PM
I can bring inverter/generator and projector + consoles sure. might still be brinign tent it depends exactly whats goin on but will sort closer to teh event.

VoX
26th April 2010, 08:52 PM
The problem with sorting closer to the time is that I need to buy this in a few days.

If you're tent will be filled with mainly your Uni guys then I could grab this for other guys and for people to chill in etc.

I'd need about 2 more people to make this viable for me to buy if people are willing to pay a tenner, assuming I can get it for £60 that is (Will try and get as cheap as possible.)

Colonel Mitch
26th April 2010, 09:20 PM
Well there are me and 4 mates coming from uni. Chances are unless somethign changes my tent will be used by them. thered obvs be sapce for others but youd be with my friends from outside of atk.

VoX
27th April 2010, 05:31 PM
Fair does Mitch.

Anyone else?

Target
27th April 2010, 06:08 PM
Vox just buy I'm sure there will be a few peeps that will want to sleep in there and I'll say I will definately take one of the spaces for a small few :D cheaper and easier than buying a tent myself

Chazlene
27th April 2010, 07:02 PM
Well I'd actually like to share just for the hilarity of it, but I can bring my own tent if someone else actually needs a space in the big tent.

VoX
27th April 2010, 07:30 PM
Sounds good Target, will see what I can get it for and if it's less than £60 I'll most likely pick it up :)

Chaz - I can't see the tent getting full so I'm pretty sure you'd be fine, although all can be 100% nearer the time I suppose.

Marshy
27th April 2010, 07:49 PM
If there is still room it would be awesome if i could get a space, would save me like £30 and yeh il chip in ofc

Chalex4
27th April 2010, 11:01 PM
Since my tent got broken by you lot last time (massive holes in the floor and twisted supports), I'm tempted to be in this tent as well.

It's either that or my car.

Colonel Mitch
27th April 2010, 11:03 PM
Since my tent got broken by you lot last time (massive holes in the floor and twisted supports), I'm tempted to be in this tent as well.

It's either that or my car.

If your in your car chalex it might jsut go byebye like orics van :P

Chalex4
27th April 2010, 11:05 PM
You pissed me off enough last time dude. Give it a break.

ez64
27th April 2010, 11:08 PM
I'll be sleeping in my car just will have to park it nowhere near you lot :D

Colonel Mitch
27th April 2010, 11:53 PM

I did personally?

Chalex4
28th April 2010, 12:09 AM
You and everyone else who screwed with my tent. I don't want to dwell on the past, but breaking the tent was definitely a step too far.

I think I'll sleep in the car.

Target
28th April 2010, 12:33 AM
Someones got his angry pants on, its only banter chalex just chill

Chazlene
28th April 2010, 11:28 AM
I'll be sleeping in my car just will have to park it nowhere near you lot :D

You might be able to have your car next to our tents Ez, the campsite at Newbury is more divided up, plus Oric had his van right next to us at i31.

ez64
28th April 2010, 03:28 PM
I was saying it more because I like my sleep and not rocking cars :D

Colonel Mitch
28th April 2010, 04:06 PM
@chalex i basically did nothing and i believe i commented on teh harshness :P

VoX
28th April 2010, 05:34 PM
Enough of dwelling on past events, what's happened happened haha. Chalex/ez you are both more than welcome to stay in it for the same price as everyone else (Again, only charging this one time to subside the cost of the tent)

Tent is now mine, and it has 3 bedrooms in it along with the main floor, so get calling where you want to sleep! I get one room :p.

ez64
28th April 2010, 05:53 PM
Sorry double bed with heating/really rain proof/fridge wins everytime :D

VoX
28th April 2010, 05:57 PM
Haha, no worries, just thought I'd offer :)

Chazlene
28th April 2010, 06:00 PM
Shotgun another one of the bedrooms.

ez64
28th April 2010, 06:08 PM
Have you ordered the 1 ton box of feathers for the genuine tenting experience.

Bloo
28th April 2010, 06:29 PM
I can haz bedroom?

VoX
28th April 2010, 07:12 PM
Lol, looks like the 3 bedrooms are called leaving Marshy and Target on the floor xD

Target
28th April 2010, 11:24 PM

You and Vox in the same tent I don't think thats a good idea :D

I think no Bloo its either rock paper scissors or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJu8RreAGnM&feature=related 30seconds

VoX
29th April 2010, 04:14 PM
You and Vox in the same tent I don't think thats a good idea :D

Haha, I'll make sure I have my pepper spray ready :p.

Colonel Mitch
29th April 2010, 04:53 PM
Haha, I'll make sure I have my pepper spray ready :p.

Pepper spray cant stop love vox........ or chloroform for that matter ;)

Vicious Horizon
29th April 2010, 05:26 PM
I sort of want to be in the mega-tent, but I'll be bringing my 1-man in either way, but I dunno, depends on circumstances

Target
30th April 2010, 12:59 AM
Just bring lots of tents and we can just sleep where ever :D

D_K_Head
30th April 2010, 12:36 PM
Are we going to have a flag this time? I've got no idea where these tents are going up, and I've forgotten most of your faces/names...

Target
2nd May 2010, 10:35 AM
Are we going to have a flag this time? I've got no idea where these tents are going up, and I've forgotten most of your faces/names...

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░░█▀▀ ░█▀█░█ ░█░░░░░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░░█▀▀ ░█▀█░█ ░█ ░░░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░░▀░░ ░▀░▀░▀ ░▀▀▀░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

The tents are going up in the camping area we'll have to take up quite a large area coz there are sooo many of us :P and go look at the pictures section of the forum if you want to see are faces :s And yeh we need a HUUUGGGEEE Flag :D

Chazlene
2nd May 2010, 11:39 AM
And yeh we need a HUUUGGGEEE Flag :D

Someone else can make it this time.

ez64
2nd May 2010, 04:25 PM
Someone else can make it this time.

OK :)

May need a car to secure it though.