PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars 2

Calneon
28th April 2010, 06:31 PM
Yes, I'm thread spamming today, not like we didn't need new threads xD.

GUILD WARS 2 NEWS! I know some of you will be more pleased with this than others, RPS has done some good articles on it so I'll link you to them instead of trying to write it out myself and fail.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/04/27/guild-wars-2-blog-and-new-details/

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/04/28/guild-wars-2-interview-part-1-fighting-fires/

I'll be truthful, I haven't read it all yet, been busy with uni work but ZOMG GUILD WARS 2!

http://www.guildwars2.com/global/includes/images/screenshots/combat/gw260.jpg

http://www.guildwars2.com/global/includes/images/screenshots/combat/gw859.jpg

http://www.guildwars2.com/global/includes/images/concept-art/guildwars2-16.jpg

Oh and want this (http://www.guildwars2.com/en/shop/ghosts-of-ascalon/). And this (http://www.guildwars2.com/en/shop/the-art-of-guild-wars-2/).

Bloo
28th April 2010, 08:06 PM
The main website also has a little bit more info on classes and combat, with the elementalist coloured in and all the others grayed out and shadowy... seven more in total. So there's going to be 8 classes most likely.

Target
28th April 2010, 11:33 PM
Two words sprang to mind EPIC FAIL

Calneon
28th April 2010, 11:55 PM
Wow-tard.

Bloo
29th April 2010, 01:18 AM

Target, can you give a legitimate reason not to like Guild Wars other than "Its just like... like.." which is your usual way of describing things.

D_K_Head
29th April 2010, 11:19 AM
It has the depth of a puddle?

Still, I can imagine GW2 being impressive, considering the studio behind it.

Chazlene
29th April 2010, 11:28 AM
Slag it off if you must, it's still one of the only worthwhile MMO's with no subscription...

Anyway I'm fairly interested by it, has fucking rocket launchers that fire Balrogs of Morgoth by the looks of it, just here's to hoping it isn't as corridory as the original Guild Wars.

Calneon
29th April 2010, 11:34 AM
Slag it off if you must, it's still one of the only worthwhile MMO's with no subscription...

Anyway I'm fairly interested by it, has fucking rocket launchers that fire Balrogs of Morgoth by the looks of it, just here's to hoping it isn't as corridory as the original Guild Wars.
It isn't, you can jump and swim, and there are non instanced zones so everyone it there fighting stuff.

Trigger
29th April 2010, 01:05 PM
Looks interesting, id look at getting it if it drops in price quick enough

Calneon
29th April 2010, 01:41 PM
Looks interesting, id look at getting it if it drops in price quick enough
Cheapskate.

Bloo
29th April 2010, 03:34 PM
It has the depth of a puddle?

Still, I can imagine GW2 being impressive, considering the studio behind it.

Depends on what you mean by depth, having eight slots in your skill bar but tons of skills added a lot of tactical depth to it. However I would agree that the rest of the game fell through in depths... Incidentally that is one of the reasons they decided to make GW2 rather than another GW campaign. So yeah heh.

That is another thing they're improving as well, making it more free-roaming with jumping, swimming and (mildly) interactive landscapes.

D_K_Head
29th April 2010, 03:36 PM
just give me Planetside 2. I can wait.

Seriously, MMO is only good when the extra three letters are 'FPS'. No exceptions.

Bloo
29th April 2010, 03:41 PM
just give me Planetside 2. I can wait.

Seriously, MMO is only good when the extra three letters are 'FPS'. No exceptions.

Unfortunately it seems most of the MMO population disagrees with that viewpoint. Though I would agree that skill-based rather than stat/gear-based gameplay should be more important. Which is why I liked GW. :p

Calneon
14th June 2010, 03:01 PM
OMG OMG OMG (http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/warrior/)

(Oric/Target go away)

My new wallpaper.

http://www.guildwars2.com/global/includes/images/wallpapers/GW2Warrior02-1920x1200.jpg

Bloo
14th June 2010, 03:44 PM
Loving all the info they've released so far - dynamic events, the bioware style personal storyline and those gameplay videos for the skills look awesome - shield stance = win.

Just hoping they'll release a little on the World vs World PvP and dungeon/High-end PvE soon. Or more classes.

Calneon
14th June 2010, 05:48 PM
This still not dead yet? Wow.....
What's that supposed to mean? The game hasn't even been released, how can it be dead?

Isphera
14th June 2010, 05:56 PM
I thought the project had taken so long that they'd cancelled it. They were talking about it when I bought GW1, and I haven't heard anything about it since then until you breifly mentioned it in my new PC thread.

Bloo
14th June 2010, 06:05 PM
I thought the project had taken so long that they'd cancelled it. They were talking about it when I bought GW1, and I haven't heard anything about it since then until you breifly mentioned it in my new PC thread.

Nope, it was never cancelled. Anet did admit they went silent much longer than expected. But they've been releasing info steadily since March, and started talking about it late last year. So no it was never cancelled. And it was announced and the first work began in 2007.

So yeah, sorry Oric, the game isn't dead.

Calneon
14th June 2010, 06:35 PM
Did you miss this thread when I posted it?

Chalex4
14th June 2010, 06:41 PM
All of those vids were fecking awesome. I will DEFINITELY be playing the hell out of this game in 2011 or whenever it surfaces.

It's going to be massive. We need to make sure we have an awesome guild in it too!

Chazlene
14th June 2010, 09:14 PM
This still not dead yet? Wow.....

You're just jealous because there's no subscription fee :p

And yeah having all of us online again in a guild would be awesome, any Guild name suggestions guys? (I think the whole Badger thing has sort of passed it now).

Bloo
14th June 2010, 10:27 PM
You're just jealous because there's no subscription fee :p

And yeah having all of us online again in a guild would be awesome, any Guild name suggestion s guys? (I think the whole Badger thing has sort of passed it now).

Alliance of the Team Killers! Or something like that. Though TBW will be reserved on my character if we don't have any ideas. :p

Bloo
10th August 2010, 07:25 PM
<object width="595" height="334"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.guildwars2.com/global/includes/flash/gw2player.swf?poster=http://www.guildwars2.com/global/includes/images/skills-video-poster.jpg&amp;video=http://cloudfront.guildwars2.com/manifesto/GW2_Manifesto_EN_Small.flv" /><embed src="http://www.guildwars2.com/global/includes/flash/gw2player.swf?poster=http://www.guildwars2.com/global/includes/images/skills-video-poster.jpg&amp;video=http://cloudfront.guildwars2.com/manifesto/GW2_Manifesto_EN_Small.flv" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="595" height="334"></embed></object>

New video! The interviews are annoying, but GW2 does sounds amazing. Hopefully it will live up to what they're saying.

Chalex4
10th August 2010, 07:30 PM
I liked the interviews, and the trailer looks totally awesome. Loving how they're trying to break the traditional MMORPG mould. We all need to get this have have a guild :D.

Calneon
10th August 2010, 07:53 PM
Looks absolutely stunning. Even if they don't manage to do everything they want, it's still going to be an amazing game. I just can't wait for this.

D_K_Head
11th August 2010, 12:57 AM
That's pretty cinematic...

But it's not how most gamers play. It'd be nice to have some raw footage, with the HUD on.

Bloo
11th August 2010, 01:48 AM
That's pretty cinematic...

But it's not how most gamers play. It'd be nice to have some raw footage, with the HUD on.

They're doing a demo at Gamescon and PAX pretty soon which lets you play and see the game, I imagine some footage will emerge from that.

Chazlene
11th August 2010, 06:45 AM
Cool trailer bro. That's damn weird seeing the real life Gregori.

Isphera
11th August 2010, 12:56 PM
Can't this game go away already?

Colonel Mitch
11th August 2010, 03:12 PM

Agreed :P

Chalex4
11th August 2010, 03:15 PM
Just because you love WoW so much, doesn't necessarily mean that this game deserves to suck in comparison. Or perhaps you don't like the idea of something new, that isn't just a typical MMO.

D_K_Head
11th August 2010, 03:39 PM
Just because you love WoW so much, doesn't necessarily mean that this game deserves to suck in comparison. Or perhaps you don't like the idea something new, that isn't just a typical MMO.

This. To be honest, most MMOs suck, with the emphasis on grinding rather than... fun. The original Guild Wars was one of the best MMOs I've ever played, so bring on the sequal!

The Charr will never be safe.

Isphera
11th August 2010, 04:27 PM
Just because you love WoW so much, doesn't necessarily mean that this game deserves to suck in comparison. Or perhaps you don't like the idea of something new, that isn't just a typical MMO.

Nope. Just want this game to go away like before.

Chazlene
11th August 2010, 04:29 PM
Nope. Just want this game to go away like before.

GUILD WARS HAS NO SUBSCRIPTION FEE. YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID.

Isphera
11th August 2010, 04:51 PM
GUILD WARS HAS NO SUBSCRIPTION FEE. YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID.

GUILD WARS IS A KOREAN MMO. YOUR ARGUMENT THAT MY ARGUMENT IS INVALID IS INVALID!

Colonel Mitch
11th August 2010, 04:56 PM
GUILD WARS IS A KOREAN MMO. YOUR ARGUMENT THAT MY ARGUMENT IS INVALID IS INVALID!

YOUR FACE IS INVALID

Oh snap!

Vicious Horizon
11th August 2010, 05:22 PM
Your mother is a Korean MMO.

For example, she believes that Kim Jong Il is a rainbow God who's mother is a swan,

AND loads of people play with her for extended periods of time.

Your argument is invalid is invalid is invalid.

Calneon
11th August 2010, 05:29 PM

Agreed :P

Listen, if you don't like a game and have nothing constructive to say, stay out of the thread. I know you're all addicted to WoW and that's the only MMO you'll ever play, but please don't tell it to 'go away' when it isn't even released yet.

EDIT: Oh, I thought the thread ended on page 2. How the hell is Guild Wars a Korean MMO? Have you played any stereotypical Korean MMOs, they are the definition of 'grind'.

Colonel Mitch
11th August 2010, 08:01 PM
Listen, if you don't like a game and have nothing constructive to say, stay out of the thread. I know you're all addicted to WoW and that's the only MMO you'll ever play, but please don't tell it to 'go away' when it isn't even released yet.

EDIT: Oh, I thought the thread ended on page 2. How the hell is Guild Wars a Korean MMO? Have you played any stereotypical Korean MMOs, they are the definition of 'grind'.

I play eve too phant, and people do it in our threads :P

Calneon
11th August 2010, 08:31 PM
I play eve too phant, and people do it in our threads :P
Well, eve isn't your standard MMO :P.

nikoli
13th August 2010, 01:17 AM
no grinding :o this may just bend wow over and cause severe vaginal bleeding :p

Isphera
13th August 2010, 07:50 AM
How the hell is Guild Wars a Korean MMO?

NCSoft is a Korean Company?

Calneon
13th August 2010, 11:48 AM
NCSoft is a Korean Company?
When you say Korean MMO, I thought you were referring to the genre of game, not where the company that made it were based. Considering your initial statement, "Guild Wars is a korean MMO", I assumed you were remarking on the gameplay elements of the game, i.e. it's the definition of grind. If you wanted to mock Guild Wars 2 because you for some reason hate Koreans, you should have said, " Guild Wars 2 is made by Koreans! Therefore it will be rubbish".

Guild Wars 2 is actually being made by ArenaNet, an American subsidiary of NCSoft, NCSoft is just the publisher. Again, just because you have some irrational hatred of Guild Wars, and want to make love to WoW every night instead, doesn't mean you can just come in here and slag it off with your misguided ignorance.

D_K_Head
13th August 2010, 11:56 AM
...Yeah, leave the misguided ignorance to the professionals!

So, anyone else hate baseball?

Bloo
13th August 2010, 01:40 PM
Plus ArenaNet was founded by ex-Blizzard employees, including the original architect of Battle.net and the lead programmer of WoW before it was released. So yeah, it's as western as WoW. Though you could also use common sense and notice that in the new trailer all those people were American (well aside from Father Grigori) to figure out it wasn't being made by Koreans.

Either way, gamescom starts next week with a live demo of the game, so hopefully a lot more info will emerge in the coming days, the rumour is also that there will be another class reveal.

D_K_Head
13th August 2010, 02:41 PM
What are the current classes confirmed? I used to play ranger/monk, but if the assassin class is being transfered to GW2...

Bloo
13th August 2010, 06:54 PM
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/2517/gw2classeswithele.jpg

Yeah the image is horrible big, I know. Basically people think those are the concept art for the classes. So far they've been right if you look at the main website.

Right now the revealed classes are:
Elementalist (fireballs, lightning bolts etc) - The bottom image obviously.
Warrior (Swords and stuff) - the golden image.
Ranger (Pets and bows) - the green image.

The grey image suggests the Assassin is back. The purple one the Mesmer and the blue one some sort of Cleric/Paladin, or basically a heavily armoured holy warrior class. That leaves two unknown professions but the guess is necromancer and probably an engineer type. Of course this is all pure speculation. :p

So there you go DK.

Calneon
13th August 2010, 08:05 PM
Are there high res versions of those Bloo? Would like some more wallpapers :D.

Bloo
14th August 2010, 12:26 AM
Are there high res versions of those Bloo? Would like some more wallpapers :D.

Probably, though it would require a lot of searching across the individual artists sites/ various GW forums. The Warrior, Ranger and Elementalist ones are available on the main site of course, as for the rest, guess you'll have to wait for the class reveals. :p

Calneon
14th August 2010, 12:44 AM
Probably, though it would require a lot of searching across the individual artists sites/ various GW forums. The Warrior, Ranger and Elementalist ones are available on the main site of course, as for the rest, guess you'll have to wait for the class reveals. :p
Yeah I guess so. Hope the assassin looks better than the stick men they were in GW1.

Chalex4
16th August 2010, 08:05 PM
I'm playing an Elementalist again. This time I won't be an Elementalist/Warrior though :p.

Calneon
16th August 2010, 08:10 PM
My first was an Elementalist. Nowadays I tend to go for the Warrior type class, I like the playstyle, and they are generally quite good at farming stuff.

Chazlene
16th August 2010, 08:15 PM
Hmmmm.... either assassin or ranger I'll play, all depends on who else plays which class really.

Bloo
16th August 2010, 08:32 PM
Personally I'll wait and see until all the classes have been revealed, but if the assassin/rogue/thief is existed, I might roll that for one char. And if the blue mace lady is a cleric-monk type, I'll roll one of those as well.

Of course if a necromancer class/ mesmer class exists I might have to go for one of those as well. Hmm.

So yeah, I'll wait and see. :p

Bloo
18th August 2010, 03:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBETDTr4l_s

Some unofficial gameplay footage from gamescom. Looks quite good, a basic rundown (with some stuff already forgotten no doubt...)

- The interface is mostly certainly work in progress, my own personal opinion is that I wish the buttons were bigger, just because I remember them being big in GW and that stood out somehow, or something.
- The game does look as pretty as the trailers make it out to be.
- Camera seems more pulled in from the original GW, though this might have been the person demoing the event and not the camera in of itself.
- Combat has a certain level of impact, though that first scene where the guy was ressing everyone didn't look that amazing if I'm honest. It got better towards the end though.
- Those cannons look fun to use, I remember in a brief look at the trial for WAR I had fun with the cannons in that.
- Map travel is back! Saving lots of pointless hours of walking once again, though I believe it will come with a small fee to stop it being abused.
- I hope those enemies weren't attacking as part of the demonstration, hopefully in the full game when the players are retaking that fort it'll be a proper brawl rather than look like a piddly level one starter zone.
- Looting enemies has gone from the more Diablo style system where items instantly drop on the ground, to looting the individual corpses. I guess that was pretty much a cert - having lots of item drops on a real Persistent world would probably cause problems.
- A man walking past during the display had a nice hat. Not much else I can say about that really.

Chalex4
18th August 2010, 09:19 AM
Some key information:

About unresponsive AI: We were using cheat commands and were invisible, I repeat - we were invisible (and also immortal if i remember) . So the monsters did not see us at all.

As far as I can tell, they were just checking everything worked. We should be seeing some real demos later today :D.

I am still really happy with what we can see though and it doesn't look like they've changed TOO much of the original GW winning forumla. Sure, it could probably do with some extra sprites when someone is resurrected, but it seems intentionally left out for now. As you say Bloo, the graphics are also really impressive. In fact, I fired up the original game at the weekend and that STILL looked amazing.

I'm also loving the map zooming. Really reminds me of RUSE. There wasn't enough gameplay to comment properly, but it didn't look boring that's for sure.

Calneon
18th August 2010, 12:50 PM
Looks great.

Bloo
18th August 2010, 03:14 PM
Some key information:

As far as I can tell, they were just checking everything worked. We should be seeing some real demos later today :D.

I am still really happy with what we can see though and it doesn't look like they've changed TOO much of the original GW winning forumla. Sure, it could probably do with some extra sprites when someone is resurrected, but it seems intentionally left out for now. As you say Bloo, the graphics are also really impressive. In fact, I fired up the original game at the weekend and that STILL looked amazing.

I'm also loving the map zooming. Really reminds me of RUSE. There wasn't enough gameplay to comment properly, but it didn't look boring that's for sure.

Yeah I just watched through it again, around the end when he's figthting the harpie and doing zero damage the presenter says the guy demoing it is invisible again. And the graphics are beautiful, they're the right level of fidelity and style imo.

And with map zooming, yeah I really like that as well, hopefully there will be a way of pulling it back far without going into map view, from the official trailers there is a lot of amazing scenery and I'd like to get a good view of it.

EDIT: Also, more gameplay footage!

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/30947
http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/30949

The second has a person playing a necromancer, apparently their unique mechanic will be soul-reaping, which looks somewhat like adrenaline if I'm honest...

Bloo
18th August 2010, 07:15 PM
http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/111/1113687p1.html

A preview from IGN about how GW2 plays like. I particularly liked the bar room brawl moment in the human demonstration, sounds like something from a singleplayer RPG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nzii9esvgI

Also here is a video of character customization, well not the part you would think, it's more your personal story bit.

Bloo
19th August 2010, 04:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar7feqQIr-s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnV9ESWqlOA

Some more gameplay vids, haven't watched them yet so don't know what they're about.

Bloo
20th August 2010, 05:50 PM
To be honest, for videos just look at this thread:

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/showpost.php?p=266152&postcount=3

There is a tonne.

D_K_Head
21st August 2010, 12:51 PM
...I can't watch that many videos about one game... Anything in there about the assassin class? Backstabbers ftw.

nikoli
21st August 2010, 01:09 PM
what because you rage quit them? like i 40?

Calneon
21st August 2010, 01:47 PM
what because you rage quit them? like i 40?
RIGHT IN THE KISSER!

Bloo
21st August 2010, 02:00 PM
...I can't watch that many videos about one game... Anything in there about the assassin class? Backstabbers ftw.

In a word, no. There aren't any videos with an assassin class, they only revealed the necromancer.

erick
22nd August 2010, 08:48 AM
They are still with holding information to make the players more excited about the game. I am interested in the lore of the game but I never played the prequel though.

Isphera
22nd August 2010, 11:02 AM
They are still with holding information to make the players more excited about the game. I am interested in the lore of the game but I never played the prequel though.

The first is a little silly to be said, since it's basically Marketing 101 for games companies.

In terms of the lore though, this should set you out - http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Lore

Calneon
22nd August 2010, 11:21 AM
It's still at least 6 months from release, so it's pretty obvious they're holding back some information about the game.

Bloo
22nd August 2010, 03:34 PM
They also operate a policy of only releasing information that has been heavily nailed down. So high-end PvE, competitive PvP, the informal World vs World (vs World, the matches have three sides apparently) are still in flux, so they won't be releasing info.

And yeah Oric's link is a good place to learn the lore, and the article below also gives a good summary of what happens in the 250 years between the two games, though it was released in like 2007 so some parts have probably changed.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Movement_of_the_World

erick
25th August 2010, 05:30 AM
Thanks for the link ill be reading up for a while.

Vicious Horizon
25th August 2010, 11:12 AM
I might get this if enough others do, I'm pretty skint atm though, (damn my pizza cravings).

Isphera
25th August 2010, 01:01 PM
I might get this if enough others do, I'm pretty skint atm though, (damn my pizza cravings).

OK, I'll come clean. Whilst I've been posting hate about this game, I'm quite intrigued as to how this will turn out. I'll probs end up playing it (assuming it keeps off the subscription fee train), but will probs ditch it in favor of WoW anyway just for a little different flavor, so don't rely on be as an active member. But that said, I'd be up for rolling some sort of caster DPS.

Bloo
25th August 2010, 08:48 PM
OK, I'll come clean. Whilst I've been posting hate about this game, I'm quite intrigued as to how this will turn out. I'll probs end up playing it (assuming it keeps off the subscription fee train), but will probs ditch it in favor of WoW anyway just for a little different flavor, so don't rely on be as an active member. But that said, I'd be up for rolling some sort of caster DPS.

They're staying subscription free, and I think Anet do want to cater to casual play as well as hardcore: play it for a week two to begin with, then go do something else and play again every so often for a few hours. And Chalex wants the game, do you think he of all people will be an active member? :D

Also uhh as an update:

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/necromancer/

<object width="520" height="293"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.guildwars2.com/global/includes/flash/gw2player.swf?poster=http://www.guildwars2.com/global/includes/images/skills-video-poster.jpg&video=http://download.guildwars2.com/skills/GW2_Necromancer_Doom.flv" /><embed src="http://www.guildwars2.com/global/includes/flash/gw2player.swf?poster=http://www.guildwars2.com/global/includes/images/skills-video-poster.jpg&video=http://download.guildwars2.com/skills/GW2_Necromancer_Doom.flv" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="520" height="293"></embed></object>

Necromancer officially released on the site, the skill videos are damn fucking creepy. The class looks fun overall, it has a unique death mechanic to boot, but not really my style.

Calneon
26th August 2010, 07:50 AM
They're staying subscription free, and I think Anet do want to cater to casual play as well as hardcore: play it for a week two to begin with, then go do something else and play again every so often for a few hours. And Chalex wants the game, do you think he of all people will be an active member? :D

Also uhh as an update:

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/necromancer/

<object width="520" height="293"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.guildwars2.com/global/includes/flash/gw2player.swf?poster=http://www.guildwars2.com/global/includes/images/skills-video-poster.jpg&video=http://download.guildwars2.com/skills/GW2_Necromancer_Doom.flv" /><embed src="http://www.guildwars2.com/global/includes/flash/gw2player.swf?poster=http://www.guildwars2.com/global/includes/images/skills-video-poster.jpg&video=http://download.guildwars2.com/skills/GW2_Necromancer_Doom.flv" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="520" height="293"></embed></object>

Necromancer officially released on the site, the skill videos are damn fucking creepy. The class looks fun overall, it has a unique death mechanic to boot, but not really my style.
Those skills look great.

erick
26th August 2010, 08:04 PM
I just learned that grinding in GW2 will not be the same as other typical MMOs. I think they said that the time you will be spending leveling (ex. from lvl 6 to 7) will be the same with in higher levels.

Bloo
8th October 2010, 07:20 PM
http://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/your-legend-lives-on-in-the-hall-of-monuments.html

They've announced the rewards people will be getting for filling out their Hall of Monuments in the original with shiny stuff for Guild Wars 2! It works on a point tally system and gives players who've dedicated time in the original some little rewards for their loyalty. Their are 50 points in total to grab, and so far I have 20, though the items stop at 30 and it's only titles after that. So I've got 2/3's of the cool stuff already!

Might have to get back into GW to get all the items. Also other tidbits include:
http://www.arena.net/blog/gaming-outside-the-game-rick-ellis-talks-the-guild-wars-2-extended-experience - Basically an app for your smart phone/ something you can use out of game for convenience. Great but nothing special.

http://www.arena.net/blog/live-and-let-dye-kristen-perry-on-the-gw2-dye-system - The Dye system explained for people who really like to customize their stuff. Interesting in a geeky way.

http://www.arena.net/blog/a-rewarding-experience-john-hargrove-talks-about-loot - A summary of how loot, and dungeons work in GW2.

Olivarezen
6th July 2012, 06:26 AM
It is indeed a very interesting game that features several different classes. This game is featured very extraordinarily so that the gamer can entertain to their level best. It is designed with extraterrestrial battle fields where everyone wants to showcase this hunting and combat talent. Hand to hand and close combat are some prominent features of it.

Nops
22nd July 2012, 06:23 PM
I can't wait. I like the idea of personal story, plus I'm not really rolling in the dough right now so free to play seems awesome

Chalex4
23rd July 2012, 03:17 PM
Have you lot all pre-ordered this?

Calneon
23rd July 2012, 07:34 PM
Nope, don't want to get distracted by the Beta weekends.

Target
23rd July 2012, 08:42 PM
Na, want to see a bit more about the game and maybe some reviews first, I don't want another SWTOR episode where everyone stopped playing just before I was going to buy it and then we all went back to warcraft for 3months :D

Calneon
3rd August 2012, 09:29 AM
Started to think about where I'm going to pick this up from. I'd quite like a physical edition but that would mean forsaking the 3 day headstart which would allow me to play at i46. I'm tempted to buy a key from here (http://www.mmoga.co.uk/Guild-Wars-2/Guild-Wars-2-Key/Guild-Wars-2-Key.html?ref=424&affiliate_subid=6483), almost as cheap as the retail versions and I get the 3 day headstart, but I generally don't like just buying keys from random websites. Other option is the GW2 official site for £50 but that's £15 more.

Joe
3rd August 2012, 08:26 PM
Give it 3 weeks max and people will be bored of it, doesn't look very good...