PDA

View Full Version : Who did you vote for?

Chalex4
8th May 2010, 04:40 PM
So who did you vote for in the General Election? Sure, the election is over, but we still don't have concrete facts on who will be in power!

The options are:

Conservative
Labour
Liberal Democrat
Green
BNP
UKIP
Other
I didn't vote / am not eligible.

Please choose the last option if you didn't vote or aren't 18 yet.

Trigger
8th May 2010, 04:54 PM
Didnt fancy the tory and i cant stand having Cameron as my local leader :p

That reminds me to have a look at the news and how its being portrayed that were going to have anarchy as we have a hung parliment, always a good laugh

Vicious Horizon
8th May 2010, 05:10 PM
Heh, who's betting VoX went BNP?

- I would have voted PPUK had I been able to, but only being 17 sucks..

Bloo
8th May 2010, 05:26 PM
Conservative of course.

I want to dance on the graves of the poor and laugh at their plight.

Calneon
8th May 2010, 05:40 PM
Didnt fancy the tory and i cant stand having Cameron as my local leader :p

Cameron is a tory.

I didn't set up a postal vote in time so I couldn't vote, as I was in portsmouth.

Trigger
8th May 2010, 06:16 PM
Cameron is a tory.

I didn't set up a postal vote in time so I couldn't vote, as I was in portsmouth.

Yeah, it was two different reasons, i dont like the leader or the party...

Calneon
8th May 2010, 06:51 PM
Yeah, it was two different reasons, i dont like the leader or the party...
Oh ok, just you said 'the tory', sounded like you were referring to another leader.

Vicious Horizon
8th May 2010, 06:56 PM
To quote David Mitchell:

"To those of you who didn't vote - everything that happens from now on is your fault."

Chazlene
8th May 2010, 07:21 PM
Well I think it worked out quite well for me, I voted for no one, and no one won.

Calneon
8th May 2010, 07:33 PM
Well I think it worked out quite well for me, I voted for no one, and no one won.
Well, conservative got the most votes. In any other competition, the participant with the most points wins. But, you know...

Trigger
8th May 2010, 07:50 PM
This is politics though, our system (not for much longer i imagine) is first past the post so as you all know we have no winner. Even if we change it to something less regional reliant it will never be perfect, thats democracy for you.

Target
8th May 2010, 08:28 PM
Would have voted conservative, as much as I hate them couldn;t vote lib dem there although there policies for student was good they were just ridiculous and no nuclear power was a bit mad...

Colonel Mitch
8th May 2010, 11:00 PM
Was going to vote labour but had to stay in dumfries that night and couldnt get home to get/hand in my polling card,

Target
9th May 2010, 02:17 AM
Thinking about it I may have voted Labour just to annoy my flatmate :D

Colonel Mitch
9th May 2010, 03:23 AM
Also, conservatives slogan "vote for change".....

Nobody in ATK likes change :P

VoX
9th May 2010, 10:30 AM
Heh, who's betting VoX went BNP?

Haha, unfortunately I can't, 2 years too young :(

Vicious Horizon
9th May 2010, 11:04 AM
2 years? I thought you were older than me o.O

VoX
9th May 2010, 11:26 AM
Hehe, I shouldn't have said anything :p.

D_K_Head
9th May 2010, 11:36 AM

rtv de_dust2, pl0x!

Bloo
9th May 2010, 01:06 PM
Also, conservatives slogan "vote for change".....

To be fair I always found the conservative slogan hilarious. Vote for change... Conservative in of itself means "does not like change".

Calneon
9th May 2010, 01:28 PM
Labour - We will fix everything!
Conservative - Vote for change!
Lib Dem - I'm better than the other two!

Electorate - Eeny Meeny Minie Mo

Chazlene
9th May 2010, 01:36 PM
To be fair I always found the conservative slogan hilarious. Vote for change... Conservative in of itself means "does not like change".

That's what put me off tories... USE YOUR FUCKING IMAGINATION WHEN THINKING UP A SLOGAN... christ.

Bloo
9th May 2010, 01:49 PM
That's what put me off tories... USE YOUR FUCKING IMAGINATION WHEN THINKING UP A SLOGAN... christ.

Not the most astute reason for choosing a party, but I see where you're coming from. :p

Colonel Mitch
9th May 2010, 02:07 PM
Also david cameron is just SHUDDER......

He seems like the most fake person in the world....

Paper Tiger
9th May 2010, 10:52 PM
Wasn't the Lib Dem slogan 'Vote for Change'? Or am I thinking of something else?

Voted Lib Dem - Local reps for other parties were twats, besides, I agree with most, but not all of their policies. No nuclear power is crap, but nukes... No... Why waste £100bn on them? All you have to do is get a 25 kill streak! And you win the game (which I subsequently just lost...).

And FPP is a bollocks system!

And for those who CAN vote but didn't, you have no right to complain about the government as you chose not to vote
My personal opinion =]

Anyone amused by the fact that the colours for Labour and Conservative are the wrong way round on the Poll? :P

Bloo
9th May 2010, 11:07 PM
Also david cameron is just SHUDDER......

He seems like the most fake person in the world....

I have that feeling about him as well, but then I looked up about Nick Clegg, Westminster School (a upper end public school), his father was a banker. He also has the same nose as David Cameron and wears similar shoes. Basically my conclusion is that Nick Clegg and David Cameron are the same person. A conniving politician and a twat.

Then again, so is Gordan Brown and err, most politicians... ever.

Also Paper Tiger - in a world where Iran and North Korea are trying to get the bomb, disarming just seems like a silly option.

Colonel Mitch
9th May 2010, 11:37 PM
I was going to vote for labour but it would have meant not handing in group coursework at uni....

the party i would have voted for won in our area by 6k votes anwyay

Target
10th May 2010, 01:26 AM
we need a £120bn nuke so that everyone in Barrow still has a job :D also Lib Dems no tutition fees was just unrealistic and David Cameron is just twat