PDA

View Full Version : i40 t-shirt ideas and i40 wallpaper.

Chazlene
1st June 2010, 03:37 PM
Had a VERY brief discussion with Chalex today about what the shirts for i40 will look like, we basically established we'll have a different colour instead of the orange since we no longer use it on the site, perhaps red? And also that the actual shirts won't be black, maybe white so we stand out compared to every other clan that wears black shirts. So anyone get any other suggestions? We'll also be changing the design on the shirts considerably, so post ideas for that as well.

Secondly, I'm considering making some sort of graphic for i40, which we could perhaps all use as a wallpaper while we're there or in the i40 video or something. I was thinking it could include images of us ATK members which are going, vectored in a similar style to that of my signature, so if you want to be in it P.M. or email me or whatever a decent photo of yourself I can use.

Calneon
1st June 2010, 04:01 PM
Awesome idea on the wallpaper. For the T-Shirts, I think something like the site's green colour for the colour of the shirt, and to be honest the logo we have at the moment (the blocky text at the top) is very nice.

Vicious Horizon
1st June 2010, 04:46 PM
My personal idea - A kind of tribal design on the sleeves, maybe red to blue like the site, (tribal tapers up to the shoulders, rather than down) - Names across the back as per usual, maybe a kind of red to blue to red.

ATK Skull on the front as per usual, sponsor on the back.

I personally still see yellow as the main colour of ATK, but that's just me.

Oh, and instead of plain black shirts, maybe a kind of dark green (like the text area of the site.)

I mean, we don't want it too busy, or it'll look like a hawaiian shirt, but we want it to stand out aswell.

Marshy
1st June 2010, 04:52 PM
As i said on mumbleh i like a white shirt also

Also arms like this would be epic (ignore the shirt design just look at the arm length)
http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=17551&storeId=12555&categoryId=40705&parent_category_rn=38973&productId=1731211&langId=-1

Colonel Mitch
1st June 2010, 05:27 PM
I'm not that fussed about the shirt so ong as the design looks good :D

My background will be my car at the bottom of hardknott pass (steepest road in england) tho showing off the numberplate tho :P

Vicious Horizon
1st June 2010, 05:37 PM
Arms that are about 2 inches long? No thanks - I've got scars on my arm there that I don't like showing off much :p

But also those short sleeves aren't that good imho anyway.

Isphera
1st June 2010, 05:56 PM
Might I warn off against white - you'll be in hot rooms for most of the day during the summer - and if you wear the shirt more than once, which I am sure you will, then sweat stains become a very big problem. As a fat man, I should know :P

Marshy
1st June 2010, 06:03 PM
Yeh it will be boiling, 1.5" sleeves ftw!

Chazlene
1st June 2010, 06:12 PM
Vicious, the tribal design is a good idea but if we have too many colours it'll be more expensive, it might even be costlier just to have stuff printed on the arms as well as the front and back.

Also white is the best colour for hot weather, so it might actually be the better option in a boiling room.

Isphera
1st June 2010, 06:16 PM
Someone remembers their physics :D

Vicious Horizon
1st June 2010, 07:05 PM
Aye, but the sweat, the sweat!

D_K_Head
1st June 2010, 08:25 PM
...Everyone in that damn hall had black shirts last time. Let's be different, and wear Bright. Fucking. Yellow. Draw some attention to ourselves!

VoX
1st June 2010, 08:28 PM
Also arms like this would be epic (ignore the shirt design just look at the arm length)
http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=17551&storeId=12555&categoryId=40705&parent_category_rn=38973&productId=1731211&langId=-1

I'd rather not look like a prettyboy faggot thanks.

As for the other stuff I shall have a think and give you a shout if I come up with anything :)

Marshy
1st June 2010, 08:33 PM
Its called style those short arm ones look awesome

Colonel Mitch
1st June 2010, 08:55 PM
no marshy they do look quite gay tbh :P

Vicious Horizon
1st June 2010, 08:59 PM
Yeah, they look like girls tops. YOU WOMAN.

D_K_Head
1st June 2010, 09:22 PM
no marshy they do look quite gay tbh :P

And he would know!

I'm with mitch actually. Sleeves are surposed to cover your arms down to about your elbow, those half-sleeves really do suck...

Target
1st June 2010, 09:58 PM
?????? what this chalex is giving them away free this year :O he got a sponsorship on the t-shirts???>????

Chalex4
2nd June 2010, 09:19 PM
I hope so Target! No promises though. I will be doing all the sponsor stuff after exams.

T-shirt wise, I'm afraid we'll be having the normal length sleves like last time. All they'll do is show off an untanned region of skin whilst looking a little gay :p. All ideas are good ideas though!

I'm not too sure about just white, I think we could end up regretting that. I DO think it would be nice to stand out though, perhaps with a light pastel green or something. If the text was red, that would also look pretty nice. I definitely think we need some sort of graphic behind all of the text on the front as it's always looked quite empty in the past.

Please also put the cost to the back of your mind right now as we can always remove bits later on if they're too expensive. We just want a kickass design! Sponsors will like that :).

Chazlene
2nd June 2010, 09:37 PM
perhaps with a light pastel green or something. If the text was red, that would also look pretty nice.

We'd have to be careful if that was the case, green and red usually look vulgar together. And in my opinion just green shirts in general look nasty.

Colonel Mitch
2nd June 2010, 09:40 PM
Vote no to light pastil green!

Target
2nd June 2010, 09:40 PM
Lets make it look good at least none of this pastel green rubbish

Chalex4
2nd June 2010, 10:06 PM
Do you think I'd really get tshirts made if they were rubbish? I'm just suggesting trying out the site's colours on the tshirt first, which seems logical. Sure, it may look totally crap :p.

Calneon
2nd June 2010, 11:00 PM
Yeah Marshy, you're wrong. Like you are on many things xD.

Vicious Horizon
24th July 2010, 10:42 AM
http://www.atkcommunity.com/gallery/images/272/medium/1_ATKSHIRTS.png

I started making a prelim design, just as another idea, but windows 7's version of paint is absolutely shit and tries to be clever by adding things which aren't needed, which is why it looks like a Jpg file AND why it's so shit in general, I'll try and make one in photoshop when I have time;

But you get the general gist for the back at the top, I was thinking AE team members could have AE and their chosen team on the back (if we enter any tourneys that would be pretty cool)

Chazlene
24th July 2010, 10:55 AM
Cheers Vicious, you reminded me I haven't posted this yet:

http://www.atkcommunity.com/gallery/images/3/1_i40_shirt_preview_small.jpg

About your shirt design; two things which stand out as a problem to me are the Swedish colours, and the red and white text really does clash with the rest of the design.

Colonel Mitch
24th July 2010, 11:43 AM
I quite like that actualy chazle

VoX
24th July 2010, 11:56 AM
Me likey indeed :)

Target
24th July 2010, 11:58 AM
Don't like the @ i40 bit kinda stands out too much, maybe just have i40 running across the logo or somewhere else otherwise looks good, maybe a little darker shade of red

Colonel Mitch
24th July 2010, 12:42 PM
also chazle where ae all the sponsors logos that we have coz chalex is so win

Vicious Horizon
24th July 2010, 01:24 PM
I rikey Chazl, mine was just as a throw ideas out kinda thing, I'd be totally happy wearing what you've done at i40.

(Are we gonna do anything about AE on the shirts?)

---

Also, something that would be pretty cool is having something on the sleeves, (the army chevron placement), which denotes something, such as CSS Team Leader, or Designer or something like that.

I dunno, I'm just throwing out ideas here XD

Colonel Mitch
24th July 2010, 01:34 PM
just to let you no im with chris on the "at i40" thing. if anyone there needs our shirts to say that then we dont want them in atk :P

VoX
24th July 2010, 02:24 PM
Plus it kinda limits use after that, I know that I haven't worn the i37 ATK shirt since i37 but if we go to any other LANs it would be cheaper to just re-use the i40 one.

Chalex4
24th July 2010, 02:36 PM
The only problem is that in the past our sponsors have just been changing so regularly that we've needed to adapt the shirts. Hopefully this time everything will be much more long term.