PDA

View Full Version : ATK Hall of Lame - June 2010 Shortlist

Isphera
3rd June 2010, 10:04 AM
OK, most of you have been nominating for days, so gave me one or two when I started and a couple of you just couldn't be assed :D. But there was method to my madness. See, every month, I'll choose the most popular suggestions and I'll put them to a community vote in order to see if these nominations are worthy to be enshrined in our Halls of Fame (or infamy, in the case of the Lame).

Rules are simple, after nominations have been tallied, I will put the top 5 or 6 into a multiple choice poll for a week, and any nomination with over 50% of people supporting it's election to the hall will be added to the list in the initial thread. Simple, right?

If something fails to go in the hall, then it will have it's table tally reset and everyone that wants it in will have to re-nominate it in the nomination threads. Anything that isn't added to a poll will keep it's existing tally.

So, for the inaugural Lame ballot, we have (click name for link to Wiki where applicable):

Your Mum jokes
Work
PC Fail for no reason
No dedi-server games
Big Brother (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Brother_%28TV_series%29)
When DK takes his "let's rip mitch" WAAAY too far

VOTE AWAY!!

Calneon
3rd June 2010, 11:39 AM
Your mum jokes - Sometimes inappropriate, but such an integral part of the internet you can't really say they are lame.
Work - 'Work' for me generally consists of stuff i'm interested in so it's not too lame.
PC Fail for no reason - There is ALWAYS a reason, and it's because you suck, not lame.
No dedi-server games - Lame.
Big Brother - Mega lame, but already dead.
When DK takes his "let's rip mitch" WAAAY too far - No, it's kind of funny.

EDIT: Oh, it's multiple selection, uh, I think I stick with only no dedi servers.

Isphera
3rd June 2010, 11:50 AM
EDIT: Oh, it's multiple selection, uh, I think I stick with only no dedi servers.

Nice to see my posts being read.....:D

D_K_Head
3rd June 2010, 02:06 PM
[Lame] * Your Mum jokes - Lame. Completely Lame
[Not Lame] * Work - Meh, kind of required. Some work is cool.
[Not Lame] * PC Fail for no reason - A little lame, but not lame enough to be hall of lame.
[Not Lame] * No dedi-server games - Totally lame, but a little vague... For instance, Borderlands has no dedi support, neither do most single-player games. Needs to be more specific.
[Lame] * Big Brother - Totally fucking lame, but you can avoid it really easily, so it's not totally suck.
[Not Lame] * When DK takes his "let's rip mitch" WAAAY too far - This is blasphemy. You can never take this too far. Indeed, every day I step into that mumble, I strive to achive new levels of 'LRM'. This is my goal, and I shall achive it... Plus it's funny, like phant said.

Colonel Mitch
3rd June 2010, 02:44 PM
I don't care about people having general fun but theres a difference from having a laugh and simply being a dick.

ez64
3rd June 2010, 03:54 PM
http://theinsanityreport.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/shut-the-fuck-up.jpeg

Isphera
4th June 2010, 12:03 PM
A week seems a bit long for these so I will be closing them Saturday Evening around 8.30-9!

Isphera
8th June 2010, 09:04 PM
Your Mum Jokes, Big Brother and DK ripping mitch way too much have found themselves relegated to the ultimate suckage that is the ATK Hall of Lame. For some reason, Work, Random PC Fail and Games with no dedicated server support didn't garner enough support, and thusly their totals will be reset for the next ballot.