PDA

View Full Version : Games We Play

Isphera
20th June 2010, 09:28 PM
OK, most of you will have had a message from me in the last couple minutes asking what MP games you play, and by and large, they were mostly the same. So, what I'm doing here is a poll to table everyone opinion on games that;

a) You own,
b) You can play readily,
c) Can be played online w/ multiplayer
d) You like playing, and
e) Would be open to playing on a game night.

The poll is MULTIPLE CHOICE (Large size to aid those who didn't see the last multiple choice poll I did was multiple), so feel free to check as many as those three conditions apply to you.

I've also put an 'OTHER' catagory in. Rather than doing the typical ATK and fucking off when you've done it, actually list games that those conditions apply for. And it can be anything from Killing Floor and Magic: The Gathering to Multiwinia and non-WoW MMO's such as EVE.

Calneon
20th June 2010, 09:32 PM
Voted, TF2 CSS L4D1+2 BC2 WoW. Other = Borderlands, CoH, HoN, Shattered Horizon, maybe more.

Chazlene
20th June 2010, 09:39 PM
Voted for MW2, TF2, CS:S, Total War series and other, others being Garry's Mod, GTA4 and The Worms series (World Party and Worms: Reloaded when it comes out).

Darkpidgeon
20th June 2010, 09:45 PM
Voted, TF2, css, BC2 L4d1/2 , others being DOW1/expansions+2 and Gmod

Bloo
20th June 2010, 10:11 PM
Voted CSS, L4D, MW2, UT and Others. Others being GTA IV and if needed Borderlands.

Isphera
21st June 2010, 12:55 PM
Thanks for your responses so far everyone. However, VoX, DK and Target have decided not to fill me in on what their other games are. Can you three guys come back into the thread and post what games are classed as other for you. It makes my job of arranging future events easier if you do fill it out. This goes for future voters as well.

Target
21st June 2010, 01:04 PM
CoD4

VoX
21st June 2010, 02:47 PM
Shaiya, Mirrors Edge and AVP are my "Others"

erick
19th August 2010, 03:56 AM
Will you be adding Tactical Intervention in the near future?

Chalex4
19th August 2010, 09:12 AM
Tactical Intervention would probably go under "other". I actually had to google that game as I didn't know what it was. Let's hope the creater of counter strike can come up with something good :).

Colonel Mitch
19th August 2010, 10:11 AM
Tactical Intervention would probably go under "other". I actually had to google that game as I didn't know what it was. Let's hope the creater of counter strike can come up with something good :).

One of my mates from uni is on the Dev team for Tactical intervention.

He said we could get a closed beta by december last year and everythin kinda disapeared :P
At uni we kinda assumed this game has stalled, tho the demo we were shown looked pretty good.

Chalex4
19th August 2010, 11:04 AM
That's a shame, an ATK closed beta would be such win. Ask him for a progress report :p.

erick
21st August 2010, 05:32 AM
Actually Tactical Intervention already launched their CBT.

luckypro
14th April 2011, 08:59 AM
Voted, TF2, BC2 MW2 , others being DOW1/expansions+2 and Gmod

Setsoru
14th April 2011, 09:31 AM
Voted, TF2, BC2 MW2 , others being DOW1/expansions+2 and Gmod

lucky pro dude, download tyranids or ork swarm and we can play, or just standard. (which expansions you got?)

Calneon
14th April 2011, 09:35 AM
Add SC2.

Isphera
14th April 2011, 12:21 PM
Add SC2.

This was actually a necro from ages ago, and it's the new guy that bumped it. I originally did this for sorting out game nights. I MAY do another one of these soon as I develop my 'Big Plan' for Chalex.

Target
14th April 2011, 01:48 PM
I love the way it said 17% play TF2 and no one plays TF2 anymore, just cause they added so much shite

Isphera
14th April 2011, 01:55 PM
Plus the mix will need to be completely changed. At the time, it was mostly WoW and FPS's. Now it seems the most popular games are League of Legends, EVE and Minecraft, with the mainstream and more popular games taking a backseat.

In fairness, this was for game nights not a clan, so some of them could still be relevant (CoD, BC2 and CS most likely).

Calneon
14th April 2011, 03:10 PM
This was actually a necro from ages ago, and it's the new guy that bumped it. I originally did this for sorting out game nights. I MAY do another one of these soon as I develop my 'Big Plan' for Chalex.
I know. I just saw that SC2 was missing off the list and though I might as well make a post.

Calneon
14th April 2011, 03:10 PM
I love the way it said 17% play TF2 and no one plays TF2 anymore, just cause they added so much shite
Not really, the gameplay just got boring.

Hutch
14th April 2011, 08:08 PM
Not really, the gameplay just got boring.

Not really, I still play it. I'd agree with Target more. Some of the items are fairly ridiculous, especially as most of them you'll only be able to get if you pay more than the price of the game for. They say they drop randomly, but most non-achievement related unlocks are dead rare unless you've paid for it, and the ones you do get drop far too often. The economics of it are really bizarre, people will trade in refined metal for items that they can't afford to buy in the shop with cash, like keys and name tags etc.

Vicious Horizon
14th April 2011, 08:26 PM
I've just not got around to playing TF2 (Have to re-download it), it's a good game, that has the tendency to get boring after a little while, just like other games.

Target
14th April 2011, 08:37 PM
I have like 10gb in updates for it :s that how many hats there are :D

Vicious Horizon
14th April 2011, 09:16 PM
Hat Simulator 2011 :D

(with added combat modes!)

Chazlene
14th April 2011, 09:17 PM
Hat Simulator 2011 :D

(with added combat modes!)

I lol'd.

Calneon
15th April 2011, 12:10 AM
Not really, I still play it. I'd agree with Target more. Some of the items are fairly ridiculous, especially as most of them you'll only be able to get if you pay more than the price of the game for. They say they drop randomly, but most non-achievement related unlocks are dead rare unless you've paid for it, and the ones you do get drop far too often. The economics of it are really bizarre, people will trade in refined metal for items that they can't afford to buy in the shop with cash, like keys and name tags etc.
Most if not all of the weapons can be crafted with small amounts of metal (or weapons you already have). I agree though that the aesthetics of the game have gone to pot with all the obscure hats available.

Hutch
15th April 2011, 12:29 AM
Most if not all of the weapons can be crafted with small amounts of metal (or weapons you already have). I agree though that the aesthetics of the game have gone to pot with all the obscure hats available.

Small amounts of metal? To get enough material for a hat you need: 3 bits of refined metal. Each of those is 3 bits of reclaimed metal. and each of those are 3 pieces of scrap metal. Scrap metal requires 2 items. So... how many items do you need to collect to get a hat? I don't do maths but its a lot... and you dont get item drops that regularly. Takes a long time to craft a hat. Takes a lot of items to make anything other than scrap metal.

EDIT: It takes 54 weapons to get one piece of random headgear through drops and crafting. Not too easy.

Calneon
15th April 2011, 02:46 AM
Most if not all of the weapons can be crafted with small amounts of metal.
Hats cost a lot more but don't affect gameplay.