PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Night: 25th June (Bad Company 2)

Isphera
21st June 2010, 11:01 AM
http://www.atkcommunity.com/banners/news/servers.png

OK, some of you may have seen my rather bad tempered approach in the other thread, but this is the official announcement, and I am much more joyous in this (I hope :D)

Many people are finishing or have finished there exams and I am finally become active again. So this calls for a celebration, in the form of blowing people and their shit up. So for Friday the 25th of June, here are the details

Time: 7-10pm
Game: Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Server: TBC on the day

As usual with these, your presence on our Mumble server (85.236.100.59:4087 or a direct link on the home page) would be appreciated for co-ordination. Anyone is welcome to turn up whether you're a savvy community veteran or a new member who can't spell, the main aim of these events is to have some fun playing the game. Even people who see themselves as non-members just passing can swing by and enjoy themselves.

Don't have BC2 or not available then? Then don't worry, because theres more gaming nights planned for the whole month of July (I believe TF2 is the next one penciled in), as well as other events during the week at different times, from the CnC tournament, as well as few other tourney ideas, to smaller casual game events - some of these events will be carrying prizes, so keep your eyes on the forum! Also, any suggestions on how to improve the events, or ideas for new events not currently held can be posted on the forum or PM'ed to me directly on the forum or on Steam.

Marshy
21st June 2010, 12:29 PM
I'm all up for BC2 before we start (like 100% happy don't think i'm moaning) but how was this decided?

Isphera
21st June 2010, 12:35 PM
No-one else was interested in organising events, so I've imposed myself onto the role. The threads I've created regarding general game taste and some specific ones will help me to create events that the whole community can get involved in. It is likely gaming nights will likely have a 5/6-week rotation cyle between different games, so that we get some variety, and then we can add to the cycle when new games come out and remove games that people no longer want in gaming nights. For RTS and FPS's, we can run the tournaments, which I've started to organise.

I am also in the process of collating data on casual/indie/smaller games that the community owns so we can have 'casual' evenings during the week for when people are busier and just want to play for half an hour to blow off some steam, such as Hidden Source, DEFCON etc. These casual game nights would only start once we know that some of the community would be up for playing them, and they will be designed to be around games which cost under £10 each, as then those interested can buy them for less expense then maybe the bigger games.

Chazlene
21st June 2010, 12:42 PM
Lol Oric who said you could use the servers banner.

Isphera
21st June 2010, 12:50 PM
No-one, I just copied it. I would have put this in Announcements as well, but because I'm not a mod, I don't have the privs. Can you move it in there if possible chaz? Is there a Gaming Night specific banner as well, or can one be created?

Chazlene
21st June 2010, 12:54 PM
Yeah to be honest gaming night threads should be in announcements, I'll move it. Not sure if I can be bothered to make a banner now though :p If we have more gaming nights then I'll make one.

Isphera
21st June 2010, 01:04 PM
We will be having loads - I've got another four penciled in for the next few weeks, and then it will likely follow the aformentioned cycle, so it might be worth doing one. Dunno what we wanna do for an arrangement for the announcement thing, as asking you to move it each week is a little bit annoying.

Target
21st June 2010, 01:05 PM
No lets have it on Thursday please, Friday not a good day for gaming nights...also I'm at work till 11.30pm

Chazlene
21st June 2010, 01:07 PM
penciled in

aformentioned

hee hee.

Isphera
21st June 2010, 01:10 PM
No lets have it on Thursday please, Friday not a good day for gaming nights...also I'm at work till 11.30pm

This one will remain as planned on Friday, starting at 7 as it seems a majority (if not all) can attend it. If people agree that Friday 7-11pm is not the right day and time to hold this, then we can look into switching it. Thursday won't be a great day, as many people often have stuff during the weekday evening making only casual games or the odd game of something possible. For a massive gaming night like this, it would need to be either a Friday evening or during the weekend as a whole, although Saturday at 11-4 would require a rebranding from gaming night :D

And bear in mind, just because the scheduled 'end' time is 10 or 11, doesn't mean people will stop playing them. On the friday events, I'll likely be playing until at least midnight, if not a bit later.

Vicious Horizon
21st June 2010, 01:56 PM
Don't have BC2, so I'll sit this one out.

Isphera
21st June 2010, 02:49 PM
Why didn't you get it during the EA Week sale?

Setsoru
21st June 2010, 05:32 PM
Don't have BC2, so I'll sit this one out.
u can get it at play.com for like £14.00

Vicious Horizon
21st June 2010, 05:47 PM
I am poor. Haff many things to spend moneys on that are moer improtant that gamz!!11!1111!!!!!

But seriously, I'm skint.