PDA

View Full Version : Wasted Money?

VoX
23rd April 2007, 06:52 PM
Recently everyone has lost interest in the radio and arcade so I was thinking, only if this actualy costs us money, why not get rid of them and upgrade the CSS servers instead?

Chalex4
23rd April 2007, 06:58 PM
Sadly VoX, we get both of those free. I am trying my best to get the servers upgraded, although it is not likely to happen until we get more members.

VoX
23rd April 2007, 07:08 PM
Well we hit 100 on the forums a few weeks ago, isn't that enough?

Chalex4
23rd April 2007, 07:57 PM
Not really, I am talking 100s.

VeNom
23rd April 2007, 08:06 PM
whats the point having 100s of members when its still only some few of us who are active?

Chalex4
23rd April 2007, 08:17 PM
As we get more people registered on the forum, we are likely to also get more active members. We currently have 55 active members, not bad really.

YaYo
23rd April 2007, 08:48 PM
i dont think people realise the cost of running this community the Css server isnt running to bad at the min since the little upgrades good goin chalex ;)

VoX
24th April 2007, 06:11 PM
Once we get 100 active members will that be enough Chalex?

Chalex4
24th April 2007, 06:28 PM
We will see, it is too early to tell right now.

undeaded
24th April 2007, 07:13 PM
I can DJ radio, to gaina little interest? Breaking Benjamin every other song is very annoying :P

Isphera
24th April 2007, 07:17 PM
If you have a suggestion to improve the radio, please mail me. It will then be screened for spam, gaytardness, and thedown right strange. Even then though, it will probably be still ignored.

Jokes :)

If I can, stream up sometime in the week, ill keep you posted. Back on topic though, we desperatly need upgrades for the servers cause there a tad laggy, but from what I gather, some people are finding it hard to play at all. Upgrade to 100 tick, if possible.

And no, AA is just as bad as a laggy server.

undeaded
24th April 2007, 07:39 PM
If you have a suggestion to improve the radio, please mail me. It will then be screened for spam, gaytardness, and thedown right strange. Even then though, it will probably be still ignored.

Jokes :)

If I can, stream up sometime in the week, ill keep you posted. Back on topic though, we desperatly need upgrades for the servers cause there a tad laggy, but from what I gather, some people are finding it hard to play at all. Upgrade to 100 tick, if possible.

And no, AA is just as bad as a laggy server.

1. Why are you in charge of the Radio?
2. This is to save money not to increase charges, which you are refusing to donate anyway.
3. Ok here's a suggestion : LET OTHERS DJ YOU HOGTARD.

Hutch
24th April 2007, 08:02 PM
YOU CANNOT PUT A 32 PUBLIC SERVER AT 100 Tick..... you will not have a server, just melted bits of computer... It takes up so much CPU its not true.
Don't dis a game because you don't play it and don't need to pay a subscription to use it.Not everyone has money. 100 tick will actually make the server lag even more in fact. So stop listening to Snake, you don't even play on the server so you know nothing about it and snake knows nothing about lessening lag on a server.

VoX
24th April 2007, 08:06 PM
100 tick is meant for match servers, upgrade to 75 tick.

Isphera
24th April 2007, 10:25 PM
I havent been on it for a month. Perfect oppertunity for other DJ's to get on.

@Hutch - Fair enough, just a suggestion.

undeaded
25th April 2007, 12:45 PM
Ok Chalex I did submit two shows. Can I DJ?

Chalex4
25th April 2007, 01:37 PM
I will think about it Undeaded, I will ask the others. Also, I will consider putting the server to 75 tick, although it may worsen the "lag".

YaYo
25th April 2007, 06:01 PM
no i think a 75tic would reduce lag chalex :confused:

Chalex4
25th April 2007, 06:03 PM
No, all an increased tickrate does is increase the registration of the bullets, by making the server use more CPU power. I just need to make sure that the server has the extra CPU power needed otherwise it is pointless.

VoX
25th April 2007, 06:07 PM
Well the reg of the server is rubbish aswell, and it isn't peoples rates.

YaYo
25th April 2007, 06:08 PM
peoples rates are contributing to shit reg but if 75tic will make the server lag i'd rather have shit reg and not as much lag tbh.

the witch
25th April 2007, 10:45 PM
i feel that as a community we are concentrating fare to much on counter strike source, yes i understand its the main game most members in the community play but it maybe a good idea to expand into other games such as eve , bf2 or other widely played game as a means of getting are name known , more members and just generally adding a bit of variety to the community.

i also feel that perhaps we should start a trust fund to finance for a dedicated server that way we could play anything we like and save money in the long run , but of course this would have to be ran on donations

Hutch
26th April 2007, 06:13 PM
www.realitymod.com is lush, it's a realism mod for BF2 and is absolutely lush with brand new well made maps..