PDA

View Full Version : Competive Clan Establishment - Name Vote

Isphera
30th June 2010, 01:48 PM
OK, so now is the time to select the name for ATK's competitive gaming wing.

It's worth saying this is an umbrella term for all the gaming teams, and not an individual team. All teams will have a forum that says 'XXXX - Team Fortress 2 team', and all players will carry a tag as a prefix to their names, as well as the ATK tag as a name suffix. e.g. If the final choice was Commence Logic, my name would be something like {cL} Oricalcos |ATK| (Clan Tag TBC after poll)

Your poll choices are;

1) Commence Logic

2) British Rogue Squadron

3) BRS, but with a different meaning for the acronym

Vicious Horizon
30th June 2010, 02:11 PM
None of the Above.

Colonel Mitch
30th June 2010, 02:24 PM
+1

Calneon
30th June 2010, 02:24 PM
Commence Logic out of those. Needs a 'none of the above' option too though. Oh and PLEASE lets not have the tag in brackets, |ATK| looks bad enough, it needs to be something like cL.Phantom |ATK|, or Logic.Phantom |ATK|.

Can we change the ATK tag while we're at it.

CILLIT BANG
30th June 2010, 02:25 PM
where is dance commanders .... eh

Isphera
30th June 2010, 02:31 PM
As I say, clan tag will be decided after the poll concludes. ATK tag redesign is a topic for another day, although I guess his lord poofness will want a 'say' in that.

For those asking for a 'none of the above' option - I was requesting names these last couple days in the serious vein (hence why Dance Commanders wasn't permitted). If you believe that you have a better idea, then by all means, post it up, but the reason why those two up above are there is because they were pretty much the only two suggestions that were eligible and wern't shit (as discussed on Mumble).

Marshy
30th June 2010, 02:44 PM
I do like cl.Moeshi

Also there was a brainstorm kinda about the name, why didn't anyone submit one, its not very useful just being 'None of the above' option... I don't like that name, make a new one, no I don't like that make a new one, no I don't like that, however I will not suggest an idea myself.

Target
30th June 2010, 05:32 PM
Why dont you just be a d.fanboy :D Too many teams with logic in their name, and don't really want BRS :D

Setsoru
30th June 2010, 06:01 PM
hmm i know i didn't provide any suggestions but i'm not sure about any of the tags :S

Isphera
1st July 2010, 03:10 PM
As I mentioned earlier, we can choose the tag when the name is decided.

Although at the moment, neither name is getting much support.

Chalex4
1st July 2010, 05:54 PM
I think it'd be cool to keep the history of BRS going but with a different meaning to show that we have changed.

Commense logic in my opinion, although sounding alright, just seems like we're copying every other annoying clan name out there. Target's comment about the "logic" bit is quite right.

When counting the votes, I also think that people who voted for the 2nd and 3rd option are basically voting for the same thing so should be added together. There should probably have been an "other" option though.

Isphera
2nd July 2010, 10:01 AM
I think it'd be cool to keep the history of BRS going but with a different meaning to show that we have changed.

Commense logic in my opinion, although sounding alright, just seems like we're copying every other annoying clan name out there. Target's comment about the "logic" bit is quite right.

When counting the votes, I also think that people who voted for the 2nd and 3rd option are basically voting for the same thing so should be added together. There should probably have been an "other" option though.

Interesting you say that last point when BRS together ties with CL. TBH, neither has really garnered enough support to be the name, so it's back to the brainstorming.

Isphera
8th July 2010, 09:50 AM
OK, vote is declared null and void - too much opposition to all three ideas and lack of interest from many others. New thread created.