PDA

View Full Version : Events This Week - 5th to 11th July

Isphera
5th July 2010, 01:20 PM
http://www.atkcommunity.com/banners/news/servers.png

OK, so last week wasn't that great for the gaming nights. Firstly, we switched them round last minute, which resulted in confusion, which lead to a relatively poor turnup for both, although the Killing Floor one wasn't that popular due to those buying it in the sale finding out that they didn't enjoy the game that much. In either case, thanks to all those who came. Special thanks go to Chalex who got the TF2 server fixed and running 15 minutes before we started the event, which actually filled the server.

Now onto this weeks events, including an alteration to the gaming night time. Chances are that another event will be added for the weekend, but I'll keep you posted.

Tuesday 6th July - DEFCON Odd Game Night

As most of you will probably have guessed, the DEFCON game check was to see if we had enough for some games sometime this week. It would appear that we do, so we will look to trial this tomorrow. We can start around about 7.30-8ish, and your presence on Mumble will be appreciated so we can co-ordinate servers and game mode selection. Chances are we will run one standard game, and one game of Alliance. If you don't own the game, then be sure to pick up the Introversion Pack for £5 before the Steam Sale ends. You also get Uplink, Darwinia and Multiwinia, three awesome games in their own right.

Wednesday 7th July - Zero Hour tournament evening

As described in the threads for this, Wednesday nights will be designated as tournment territory, where people should aim to get some games done. Judging by the fact we have done 2 games in a week, we would like a couple more people to get some of their games done.

Thursday 8th July - Left 4 Dead 2 (Birmingham 3) Gaming Night

Poor joke rip from Zero Punctuation aside, this should be a good evening, with a majority of the community owning the game. Chances are we will run a versus mode (despite my hatred for the mode), as we will have more than 4 people in the group, so I look forward to seeing you all there!

Date: Thursday 8th July
Time: 7-11pm
Game: Left 4 Dead
Server: Random Group Join

As usual with these, your presence on our Mumble server (85.236.100.59:4087 or a direct link on the home page) would be appreciated for co-ordination. Anyone is welcome to turn up whether you're a savvy community veteran or a new member who can't spell, the main aim of these events is to have some fun playing the game. Even people who see themselves as non-members just passing can swing by and enjoy themselves.

Don't have any of the games above? Then don't worry, because theres more gaming nights planned for the whole month of July, as well as other events during the week at different times, from the CnC tournament, as well as few other tourney ideas, to smaller casual game events - some of these events will be carrying prizes, so keep your eyes on the forum! Also, any suggestions on how to improve the events, or ideas for new events not currently held can be posted on the forum or PM'ed to me directly on the forum or on Steam.

Vicious Horizon
10th July 2010, 12:23 AM
There were gaming nights, I only just found this thread. o.o