PDA

View Full Version : [OLD] TF2 Team "mini" match

Darkpidgeon
14th July 2010, 06:16 PM
Bit of a wild idea I had earlier today in regards to get the TF2 team up and running, with the final poll under way on the team name there should be nothing holding us back now.

What I propose is that we dedicate a night we are all free and then have a "mini-match" so to speak of TF2 6v6.
The reasons I have for this, is that when I first made the jump from public TF2 to competitive is that I found it a completely different game, and id rather play a few internal practice matches between ourselves to get us into the swing of it.

To make up the numbers if less people appear, I will get people I know out of ATK to play in who have played competitive TF2 before to give you more of an idea.

Also I shall try to give an even spread of skill level and classes from what I've seen/heard, for example Mitch will be on one team as a medic and Oric on the other as their medic. ( as these are the only two who have expressed an interest as the team medic)

Lastly treat this as an actual game, listening to your designated leader, acting as a single unit when to push/fall back, using ubers wisely. I will post up a few tactic based threads at a later date, I will also go through maps directing where people should go, when to push etc

Post if your interested, times that your avaliable, and any other comments as your see fit.

DP

Vicious Horizon
14th July 2010, 06:28 PM
Roger.

Toasty-Sloth
14th July 2010, 08:57 PM
Yeah sure thing,

obvious soldier..

Colonel Mitch
14th July 2010, 09:23 PM
Id be happy to heal for whichever side :)

Hatios even makes housecalls ^^ (For those who dont know Hatios is my healing priest on wow)

im free most times but id need to know in advance, not next monday or wednesday.

nikoli
14th July 2010, 09:50 PM
yhea id be up for that :)

Toasty-Sloth
14th July 2010, 10:13 PM
yhea id be up for that :)

this should be fun...

D_K_Head
14th July 2010, 10:24 PM
This could be fun actually... I'd play soldat for either team.

I think I could call for a team too. I've done it in BC2, and TF2 pickups, so it's not a new concept... Speaking of which, what would the map be?

(on a sidenote, I usually play medic, if you were looking. I can play either though.)

Marshy
14th July 2010, 10:59 PM
Il try out for a slot, i dont think im very good though but i can try :P
unrelated note
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8619/2204355.swf

Setsoru
14th July 2010, 11:58 PM
i just reinstalled TF2 and just installed BC2 aswell would be willing o have a go at either, also, i'm free monday and tuesday nites, and all day the rest of the week (i work evenings from 7)

Darkpidgeon
15th July 2010, 10:02 AM
The maps i was thinking, was

Cp_Granary (http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Granary)
This being the most common map for competitive players. Also

Cp_Gravelpit (http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Gravel_Pit)
This map being an attack/defend.

I will run through general map tactics before each map but only if a good amount of people want me to.

Kacere
15th July 2010, 10:13 AM
I'm up for it. :D I'll play scout for either team.

Isphera
15th July 2010, 10:31 AM
I'm in as a medic, although that was sorta obvious :D

Can we get a full list of which people are turning up, which includes ALL the classes that they play, just so we can select teams easier. Obviously me and Mitch are on seperate teams as medic, but I don't want to have 3 scouts, a sniper and an engi on a team. I'm also guessing you and DE will be on seperate teams as well, and will be the team leaders?

BTW, my second and third classes are Heavy and Scout, but Medic is my best by a mile.

Darkeagle
15th July 2010, 10:46 AM
Okay, well im up for whatever and stuff, just say when and where my partner in crime

Isphera
15th July 2010, 10:53 AM
Bit short notice, but you want a TF2 GN tomorrow night or at the weekend.

Darkpidgeon
15th July 2010, 10:43 PM
Just a small note, if you don't express an interest in playing this game, it will be hard to get you into the actual TF2 team, especially if i have not seen you play competitive wise before.
Also some more ideas on the times people are available would be nice :D

Darkpidgeon
29th July 2010, 02:51 PM
Right, sorry for the wait, but this will be played at JULY 30th at 8PM. (so tomorrow)
Reason being is that I have little access to my computer next week (especially in the evenings) and I know members who wish to participate cannot make the week(s) after next.

Also if you could get mumble installed, and meet on there about 10 mins before so i can explain the teams etc it would be greatly appreciated

I need people to tell me if they can make it tomorrow, either by replying, PM me, or via steam.

Colonel Mitch
29th July 2010, 04:50 PM
Erm a bit short notice, ki is coming up this weekend and we'd likley be doing something or other at that time, but if im free im sure he wont mind playing eve / watching me pwn the atk noobs ;)

Isphera
29th July 2010, 05:06 PM
I won't be around, due to Sonisphere.

Toasty-Sloth
29th July 2010, 06:41 PM
wont be around got a play at rose bruford soz lad

Darkpidgeon
29th July 2010, 07:00 PM
Ok would people rather it Saturday at 8 then?

Colonel Mitch
29th July 2010, 08:44 PM
lol hell no

Isphera
29th July 2010, 09:38 PM
Ok would people rather it Saturday at 8 then?

I won't be around, due to Sonisphere.

Colonel Mitch
29th July 2010, 10:07 PM
festivals aside, im pretty sure Saturday night at that time is not gunna be good for anyone as its kinda when anyone who does anything at a weekend will be doing it xD

Darkpidgeon
29th July 2010, 10:10 PM
Fine scrap it for this weekend, ill organise another day

Vicious Horizon
30th July 2010, 05:04 PM
Also, the CSS tryouts are scheduled for today.

Colonel Mitch
30th July 2010, 06:44 PM
Also, the CSS tryouts are scheduled for today.

lol really?

Vicious Horizon
30th July 2010, 07:15 PM
Yes Piers, you edited my post saying it was today, there are also TWO announcements on the Steam group TELLING EVERYONE in the ATK community group about the tryouts. If you haven't noticed they're today, and you want to be part of the team, gorammit please start paying attention to the main areas of announcement for the team.

/preemptive rant.

VoX
30th July 2010, 08:33 PM
Yeah steam announcements are pretty useless tbh.

Colonel Mitch
30th July 2010, 09:46 PM
Yeah steam announcements are pretty useless tbh.

agreed.

Darkpidgeon
30th July 2010, 10:02 PM
Thanks guys, changing my TF2 team thread into a css one :p