PDA

View Full Version : Worms: Reloaded

Chazlene
15th July 2010, 02:15 PM
http://www.atkcommunity.com/gallery/images/3/1_worms_reloaded_logo.png

I've mentioned this in the shoutbox and on Mumble, so I thought I should make a proper thread.

So yeah Worms: Reloaded is coming out this summer, hopefully before i40. Team17 thank god have returned to making them 2D, since Worms 3D and Mayhem really did suck. Information from Wikipedia:

Worms: Reloaded

Worms: Reloaded is an artillery game/turn based strategy game developed by Team17 and is part of the Worms series. It is scheduled for release on Windows via Steam, during Summer 2010. Team17 have stated that a Mac OS X version will be developed after Steam is released on Mac. The developers have stated that the game will be retailed at a 'very attractive price'.
The game is largely based upon the console version Worms 2: Armageddon released on Xbox Live Arcade in 2009, but is said to be an 'extended edition of the console versions of late.'
Team17 have currently released few details or media content concerning the title and a press release is not available. A European and Worldwide Beta had been released to a select group of the public, however both were under an NDA.
On June 26, 2010, the official Team17 Twitter revealed that the beta testing phase had ended.

Gameplay

Gameplay is turn-based and returns to its original 2D aspect for the first time on PC since Worms World Party in 2001. There will be both Single player and Multiplayer modes available with up to four players online.

Just for the hell of it, here's the epic version of the theme tune from World Party:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkDolOm2UlY&feature=related

Should only be a few quid, so you guys all up for getting it to play at i40?

Also posted on That's My Hammer (http://www.thatsmyhammer.com/)

Colonel Mitch
15th July 2010, 02:25 PM
Sure :D

Isphera
15th July 2010, 02:26 PM
I'll deffo be buying this, but deffo won't be at i40, so kind of answers the question right there :D

Calneon
15th July 2010, 02:52 PM
Will buy this for sure. Hopefully they kept all the roper stuff the same because that was the most fun :D.

Marshy
15th July 2010, 03:18 PM
Yeh im 100% getting this, should be a laugh at i40 :P

Oric, perhaps you can make a table !

Vicious Horizon
15th July 2010, 03:57 PM
OORAH.

Can't wait for this, hopefully it'll work on Windows 7 this time <3

Bloo
15th July 2010, 04:10 PM
Looks awesome, nice to see they're going back to the old 2d games rather than continue with the slightly rubbish 3d ones.

Chalex4
16th July 2010, 10:00 AM
Yeah I expect I'll grab this before i40 if it's out, especially if it's cheap. It's been an aggeeee since I last played Worms.

Chazlene
29th July 2010, 05:05 PM
It's now available to preorder, and the release date is 26th August, luckily just in time for i40:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22600/

nikoli
29th July 2010, 05:11 PM
18 squid for worms :/ call me tight but seems abit much

Calneon
29th July 2010, 05:45 PM
18 squid for worms :/ call me tight but seems abit much
Yeah, I'll call you tight.

Looking through the feature list, it looks like it has everything you could want, singleplayer with RPG elements, multiplayer with leaderboards/achievements. The only reason people could say it isn't worth it is because it's 2D, which is hardly a good reason as we all know the 2D games were better than the 3D ones. If the game was in 3D, people wouldn't be moaning at the price, they would be moaning at the gameplay. Now it's in 2D, people will praise the gameplay and moan about the price. I don't think the price is too high, I'll most likely get at least £18 worth of enjoyment out of this game, they probably would have done better financially if they sold it a bit cheaper, but for me it's going to be a pre-order :).

Marshy
29th July 2010, 05:53 PM
I'm going to get it, but £18? It better be good. Worried i might play it for an hour and get bored even though i have been looking forward to it..

nikoli
29th July 2010, 06:23 PM
I'm going to get it, but £18? It better be good. Worried i might play it for an hour and get bored even though i have been looking forward to it..
i feel the same as this tbh :/

Colonel Mitch
29th July 2010, 06:31 PM
Worms was never really my thing tbh, played it with atk for about 2 hours and thats my life total.

Will probably torrent it for i40.

oniwaban
8th August 2010, 04:30 AM
Yeah i'll definitely torrent this game same as what i did to PVZ, btw this 2d game is awesome i hope they can make this game in online.

Calneon
8th August 2010, 01:50 PM
Yeah i'll definitely torrent this game same as what i did to PVZ, btw this 2d game is awesome i hope they can make this game in online.
It is online, but probably not if you torrent it. Also, please don't boast about how much you torrent stuff on this forum. If you enjoy a game after torrenting it, you should buy it. Especially PvZ, it's only like £5.

Chalex4
9th August 2010, 01:16 PM
Worms isn't the type of game that I'd just play on my own, but even I will probably buy it so I can have some fun with you guys.

Marshallo
1st September 2010, 02:15 AM
Had a load of fun with this between 4 of us during i40, though the lack of LAN (as far as I know) was disappointing seeing as it's filled with other features.

Still, it's basically worms which for me never goes stale.

Vicious Horizon
1st September 2010, 08:13 AM
Had a load of fun with this between 4 of us during i40, though the lack of LAN (as far as I know) was disappointing seeing as it's filled with other features.

Still, it's basically worms which for me never goes stale.

+1 - I thought that 'network play' was LAN, but apparantly not, but still, it's sticking to the proven theory, and it's still as fun as it ever was. Especially seeing people getting caught on their ninja ropes, just a centimeter from the dynamite they just dropped xD

Isphera
1st September 2010, 09:45 AM
I'm free tonight, before I get on BC2 to brush up on my medic skills, anyone wanna chuck out some super sheep and concrete donkeys?

Chazlene
1st September 2010, 09:47 AM
I'm free tonight, before I get on BC2 to brush up on my medic skills, anyone wanna chuck out some super sheep and concrete donkeys?

Defo maaaaatttee, what time were you thinking?

Isphera
1st September 2010, 09:51 AM
I get home about 5ish, got a couple things to do on WoW first, but should be good to go about 6 ish or any time after that. That sound like a plan?

Chazlene
1st September 2010, 09:56 AM
Ok with me, who else wants to play?

Isphera
1st September 2010, 10:25 AM
Is the max player limit 4 or 8?

Chazlene
1st September 2010, 10:44 AM
4 sadly, and only 4 worms on each team :(

Vicious Horizon
1st September 2010, 11:02 AM
I'll play, and show you my 1337 airstrike skills.

Isphera
1st September 2010, 11:58 AM
So just looking for one more....Chalex?

Calneon
1st September 2010, 12:15 PM
Me.

Isphera
1st September 2010, 12:35 PM
Awesome, so its on - Me, Chaz, VH and Calneon will fight to the death, via the proxy of our worms!

Target
1st September 2010, 01:40 PM
Hmm I never saw this thread before i40 but we did play it on Chazlene's pc and was awesome, don't think I will buy it but might "Mr.Big it" at some point :D

Isphera
1st September 2010, 02:34 PM
Online might not work with the Biggie method, and I'm not using Hamachi on the simple fact that everyone buys it, but one person decides to get lazy and greedy.

Calneon
1st September 2010, 02:39 PM
Online might not work with the Biggie method, and I'm not using Hamachi on the simple fact that everyone buys it, but one person decides to get lazy and greedy.
+1

Yeah, online won't work, because it uses Steam for it's online parts.

Isphera
1st September 2010, 02:41 PM
Does it? Is it a Steam-exclusive game then, or does it do a similar thing to the Football Manager retail copies and uses the steam system to authenticate, but then operates on it's own?

Calneon
1st September 2010, 02:45 PM
Does it? Is it a Steam-exclusive game then, or does it do a similar thing to the Football Manager retail copies and uses the steam system to authenticate, but then operates on it's own?
You can join friends through Steam (like CSS, TF2), so I assume the whole multiplayer is based around Steam.

Isphera
1st September 2010, 02:56 PM
Done some research, Reloaded has only been released as a digital download via Steam, and a Mac OS X version is being developed, also for digital download via Steam only.