PDA

View Full Version : Bloo Made a game!

Bloo
15th July 2010, 04:03 PM
Well not really, I followed the instructions in Gamemaker 8 and did nothing creative at all. However the plan is to try to make something. Don't expect a monumental masterpiece, because I don't.

Linkage: http://www.atkcommunity.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=58

My inspiration to try this were:
James by Tom Francis, who's doing the same thing. Only he's a very clever games journalist and I'm not. (http://www.pentadact.com/index.php/tag/gunpoint)

Sophie Houlden, who's blog was linked from the inspiration above, what a wonderful motivator! (http://www.sophiehoulden.com/blog/?p=84)

Boredom.

Your Mother, for supporting me the whole way.

nikoli
15th July 2010, 04:08 PM
this is surprisingly fun ^^

Vicious Horizon
15th July 2010, 04:14 PM
THE GOD DAMNED STRAWBERRY WAS A SPY (And, consequently, a lie.)

Chazlene
15th July 2010, 04:16 PM
Nice one maaateee... the bananas are bitches though.

Chalex4
16th July 2010, 09:58 AM
I think I used Gamemaker 5 back in the day :p. I'll check this out later! Are there highscores for this game? If there are, we could have some sort of competition.

Colonel Mitch
16th July 2010, 10:08 AM
Cool little game, i scored 3075.

Can we have a full backstory please?

Chazlene
16th July 2010, 11:03 AM
Yeah Bloo, you're the one who always goes on about setting and storyline in games, what the hell are they in your one?

Toasty-Sloth
16th July 2010, 11:10 AM
yay 6700 points!

Colonel Mitch
16th July 2010, 11:25 AM
yay 6700 points!

HAX

Toasty-Sloth
16th July 2010, 12:48 PM
HAX

NO U

Bloo
16th July 2010, 02:52 PM
Yeah Bloo, you're the one who always goes on about setting and storyline in games, what the hell are they in your one?

You are Commander Tibbles, soldier of the Fruit Faction. The evil Bomber Corp has stolen a great deal of your fruit and put it on their Zero Grav Wooden Spaceship the L.O.L. Rehtom. Your mission is simple Commander: go to the space ship, recover as many of the stolen fruit as possible and avoid the evil Bomber bombs.

You are our last hope.

++++ END TRANSMISSION ++++

Edit: I've also loaded up a second game that is like a shitty version of Breakout without any bricks, that version has an easy cheat bug in it though, which I've patched up, but not loaded up.

Calneon
16th July 2010, 04:57 PM
Bloo, it's awful.

Bloo
16th July 2010, 05:10 PM
Bloo, it's awful.

Thanks for the helpful constructive post! :grin:

But yeah it is, but I pretty much just followed the tutorial to learn how the tools work, and the second one is just testing what I learned in a different way so I actually know it, rather than just being capable of following a recipe.

Calneon
16th July 2010, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the helpful constructive post! :grin:

But yeah it is, but I pretty much just followed the tutorial to learn how the tools work, and the second one is just testing what I learned in a different way so I actually know it, rather than just being capable of following a recipe.
Hehe yeah I was kidding, good luck with your 'make a game' toykit.

Chalex4
19th July 2010, 12:59 PM
This is a such a typical Bloo game :p. The hilarious thing is that it's almost impossible to not look ridiculous when playing it. Make another!

Chazlene
19th July 2010, 04:44 PM
I like to imagine this game is actually what the inside of Bloo's head looks like.

Chalex4
20th July 2010, 11:23 AM
I like to imagine this game is actually what the inside of Bloo's head looks like.

Haha yes! I think Bloo and Phant should work together to make a prettier version :p.

Bloo
20th July 2010, 01:06 PM
Haha yes! I think Bloo and Phant should work together to make a prettier version :p.

Somehow I think Phant by himself could make a prettier and better game all round. :p