PDA

View Full Version : New Sherlock Series

VoX
28th July 2010, 12:12 AM
Anyone watching this?

Basically it's Sherlock Holmes made modern, he's essentially doing the same job as he was before, but he's using modern tech and solving crimes based in modern day London.

Dr Watson is now an ex-military doctor who was wounded in action and sent home, his thirst for seeing action drove him back into essentially seeing dead people again and he's become Sherlock's assistant (As in the previous stories.)

For anyone who hasn't seen this, you can catch it on iPlayer here (http://bbc.co.uk/i/t8wp0/), and I'd largely recommend you do. I watch very little in the way of TV, but this gripped me for the entire hours.

So, anyone else watching?

nikoli
28th July 2010, 01:15 AM
he is such a pimp :o

Target
28th July 2010, 01:28 AM
Saw sumet about this looks cool might check it out

Bloo
28th July 2010, 02:11 AM
Is this Sherlock a cocaine addict like his book equivalent?!

nikoli
28th July 2010, 02:14 AM
they talk about drugs so mabey :)

Calneon
28th July 2010, 02:38 AM
Yeah I watched it and enjoyed it. Acting and directing was good, story was a bit iffy but they had to introduce everything. Looking forward to the next one.

ez64
28th July 2010, 03:57 AM
Just like the bitch of sherwood forest remake it will and is phail.

Chalex4
28th July 2010, 07:45 AM
Ahhhh so this is what people are on about! I thought people were suddenly talking about the film again :p. I'll definitely check this out later.

Calneon
28th July 2010, 09:49 AM
Just like the bitch of sherwood forest remake it will and is phail.
Did you watch it?

Vicious Horizon
28th July 2010, 10:37 AM
It's bloody brilliant, that's all I can say.

Colonel Mitch
28th July 2010, 01:05 PM
Just queued it to download from eztv now :)

Will watch it tomorrow when its done overnight :)

Kacere
28th July 2010, 01:14 PM
On the subject of the cocaine drug addict in the original book I think they replaced his drug usage with wearing multiple nicotine patches when dwelling on problems :D. But they may reveal he uses drugs in later episodes whose to say?

Vicious Horizon
28th July 2010, 01:27 PM
I guess they have to keep the heroes 'legal' nowadays.

ez64
28th July 2010, 01:28 PM
On the subject of the cocaine drug addict in the original book I think they replaced his drug usage with wearing multiple nicotine patches when dwelling on problems :D. But they may reveal he uses drugs in later episodes whose to say?

It wasnt cocaine so much as opium so pretty much extensive heroin use.

BBC sucks balls and so does anything made for kids and adults.

Warehouse 13 and salt are awesome though.

Calneon
28th July 2010, 01:52 PM

How the hell does the BBC suck?

Bloo
28th July 2010, 03:10 PM

In the books he's pretty much on every drug apparently, but I've only read a few of the short stories and remember him taking cocaine. Though I wouldn't be surprised to find a scene with him and Watson in an opium den.

And for the BBC sucking balls... I do tend to agree whenever I listen to their news reports. But Top Gear, any panel show and the occasional drama from the BBC make up for the majority of the crap they produce.

Vicious Horizon
28th July 2010, 03:31 PM
He took Opium most often

Chazlene
28th July 2010, 04:30 PM
Please don't tell me he says 'A lemon tree, my dear Watson' at all...?

Vicious Horizon
28th July 2010, 04:51 PM
Not so far, no XD

Chalex4
29th July 2010, 12:47 AM
Just saw this and it was bloody excellent. An hour and a half as well! I hope every episode is that long.

It seemed to take quite a few pointers from the film, and I liked that a lot. The text "popping up" etc saying stuff like "clean" etc was also pretty awesome when he was investigating :). Can't wait for the next one!

Also, theme tune is epic as always.