PDA

View Full Version : Xfire Bought by New Owners

VoX
3rd August 2010, 01:26 PM
I know only a few people her use Xfire, but thought it would still warrant a thread.

System Broadcast:
Xfire was bought by new owners today. Most of the team that has built Xfire over the last six years is leaving. We enjoyed working for you for the last 127 releases and wish we could stay to create the next 127. Good bye, good luck, and game on. --- The Xfire Team

The buyers: http://titanplatform.com/

My gut feeling is not good, when most of a dev team leaves it normally means the program is going in a direction that is not what they wanted and normally bad (Think MW2).

At its roots Xfire was an extremely lightweight IM program, now I foresee in your face ads trying to sell you stuff, mainly as why would you buy a free piece of software if you couldn't make money from it?

Oh well, we can hope at least =/

Vicious Horizon
3rd August 2010, 02:23 PM
I hope it doesn't nose-dive. My ArmA II clan use it every day..

GhostChant
8th February 2011, 09:16 PM
As far as I know, XFire is doing well now. I'm not a big fan of it, and most of my friends don't use it. Still, I see it being used all around net and on a lot of different games. Just my two cents.

Target
9th February 2011, 10:56 AM
Use it all the time for CoD4 but if Black Ops ever gets a pro-mod made for it then xfire will be redundant anyway as nearly everything uses steam nowadays.

join the xfire group on facebook some cool stuff on there