PDA

View Full Version : Google Wave is Dead

Chalex4
6th August 2010, 11:42 AM
Google Wave, a strange product that noone REALLY knew what to use it for. In my opinion, it was just too different. As of now, Wave is no more:

Google is waving goodbye to Wave, a product which the company said would transform the way people communicate online.

It blamed poor take-up by users of the service, which was launched to great fanfare just one year ago.

At the time Google described the tool as "how e-mail would look if it were invented today". Source (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10877768)

I don't think any of you use it regularly, but you'll be able to continue using it until the end of the year. Now, wave goodbye everyone :p.

Calneon
6th August 2010, 12:01 PM
Damn, what a loss.

Colonel Mitch
6th August 2010, 01:33 PM
Its not as of now chalex the article says it will be ended in the future but google will not continue it as it didnt get strongly taken up.

To be fair there are a number of circumstances, mostly business, thats its very useful, but it requires change and people dont like change.

Target
6th August 2010, 05:50 PM
Ow no I'm so shocked :O

D_K_Head
7th August 2010, 08:05 AM
...Oh damn, I just started using this for collab scripts...

I'm fairly sure LRR does the same thing too. Really hope they leave it online for a few months at least...