PDA

View Full Version : v3.2: New logos, branding & site tweaks

Chalex4
10th August 2010, 11:58 PM
http://www.atkcommunity.com/banners/news/general.png

This update is a big one, although the list below doesn't really show it. Not only have we changed the ATK branding & logos, but a lot of work has gone into improving the homepage too.

GamerFM is also featured throughout the site so you can tune in whenever you like! You can expect to see all of these changes reflected on our t-shirt design and other areas of the site that update over time.

I hope you all like it, we certainly do! :D. Please take some time to check out the changelog below:

- We are now branded as "ATK", rather than "Aim to Kill".
- New header incorporating new branding, logo and partner.
- No more tables, we now use css instead.
- New custom made forum icons, replacing the vB default.
- "Share This Thread" button on threads, allowing you to sumbit it to facebook & twitter.
- "Post New Thread" button now in all threads. Allows faster navigation.
- New "ATK News" rotator, which pulls data directly from the announcements forum.
- Re-created and improved the red "Welcome" module on the homepage.
- GamerFM, our official partner, is now featured below the shoutbox.
- Communication area has now been improved with a new layout and extra statistics.
- Shoutbox now has more spacing between each message to allow easier reading.
- New "Social Networks" module combines Facebook and Twitter.
- Twitter stream has been removed. You can still follow us.
- New "Upcoming Events" module on the homepage shows 3 events in the next 30 days from our calendar (http://www.atkcommunity.com/calendar.php).
- Users now able to RSVP events on the calendar, to determine number of attendees.
- Reordered homepage modules.
- Removed "itrader" as it was inhibting the "ATK Gallery".
- Your gamercards now display in profile and thread area. Edit them here (http://www.atkcommunity.com/profile.php?do=editprofile).
- Reduced gap between post and signature area.
- Added mysql statistics for admins to aid debugging.
- Removed "guest tracking" to reduce clutter.
- Added user colour bar on forum home (http://www.atkcommunity.com/forum.php) to show all usergroups.

I'd like to thank Chazlene and Siepie especially for the extra amount of effort they have put in to making this update possible. Without you guys, this would have taken a lot longer!

nikoli
11th August 2010, 12:27 AM
wow whoever did this very very nice job

Calneon
11th August 2010, 12:36 AM
Love all the changes to the homepage, not too sure about the header but I'm sure it will grow on me.

Bloo
11th August 2010, 12:37 AM
Love all the changes to the homepage, not too sure about the header but I'm sure it will grow on me.

Pretty much what he said.

Chalex4
11th August 2010, 12:45 AM
Cheers guys :). You can check out the RSVP part of the calendar by looking at our i40 event (http://www.atkcommunity.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2010-8-26&e=6&c=1) (also on homepage)!

D_K_Head
11th August 2010, 01:01 AM
lines on the shoutbox.

THANK YOU.

VoX
11th August 2010, 01:06 AM
You see just as I think I'm getting nearer Chaz with the PS skills he goes and does the logo and the typography in the header, I'm never going to catch up lol :p.

Nice work guys, I like :).

Target
11th August 2010, 03:48 AM
Yeh looks good but not sure about the header yet, the atk bit is pretty good just not sure on the logo :D

Chazlene
11th August 2010, 06:50 AM
Glad you like it guys, there's gonna be a few more additions soon as well, such as banners for the cinema, gallery, hosting pages, etc. which incorporate the new logo, as well as an improved About page which has photos and more information about each member of 'staff' as you like in ATK.

Isphera
11th August 2010, 07:41 AM
Testing a post to see if my main gripe was fixed.....

....And it is to a degree. Overall, one of the first update I acutally like as a whole. Nice job. Gap between sig and post could still be a little smalled though.

Vicious Horizon
11th August 2010, 09:51 AM
Oric - it's fine as it is now, it's different for you as you have a signature image, but for those of us who have text, people can get confused between the sig and the post

(Think newgrounds)

Almost forgot = Awesome update, loving it!

Colonel Mitch
11th August 2010, 10:37 AM
the atk news ticker will take some getting used to, and the lines in the shoutbox dont look nice but are VERY helpful at working out whose post is whose.

+1 from me guys :)

Chalex4
11th August 2010, 10:41 AM
Thanks everyone, I'm glad you're all liking the smaller updates too.

it I just applied a quick hotfix to the ATK News rotator as wasn't displaying correctly for guests.

Isphera
11th August 2010, 12:31 PM
I quite like the new lines on the shoutbox. Makes it easier to see. On the signature point, a line there would help as well, like we had before the recent upgrade - then you could close it up more and distinguish between sig and post.

Calneon
11th August 2010, 05:27 PM
Yeah I agree, a small line would be nice.

Chalex4
11th August 2010, 08:07 PM
We now have the line back above your signatures :). I don't really want to decrease the gap between posts and the line any more than I already have.

Calneon
11th August 2010, 08:34 PM
I see no line.

Chalex4
11th August 2010, 08:35 PM
As with all updates to the site, if something doesn't appear for you CTRL-R the page. If that doesn't fix it, clear your cookies. It all depends on your browser's settings as to how much is cached.