PDA

View Full Version : T-Shirt Quality vs Price Poll

Chalex4
16th August 2010, 05:16 PM
As you all know, my preliminary decision was to have our i40 t-shirts SCREEN PRINTED rather than heatpressed using TEXTILE VINYL which is what we have done in the past.

Textile Vinyl = £18 per shirt.
Screen Printing = £15 per shirt.

Vinyl will give you a slightly sharper edge to the images, as vinyl will be cut to our design then heatpressed to the shirt. Colour will also be very accurate to what we want. This is a long and hard process.

Screen printing is faster, but works on colours being mixed onto a plate then pressed onto the shirt. As you'd expect, this won't produce a perfect white colour that we've been used to and the edges will fade out slightly. This is still a premium method, and I've been told that it'd be hard to notice the differences unless you were looking for them.

Most t-shirts in the world are made using screen printing, as it's much cheaper and easier. The issue is price and whichever option we choose would need to be accepted by everyone!

Please choose your favourite option above.

Calneon
16th August 2010, 05:19 PM
Screenpaint is fine for me.

Chalex4
16th August 2010, 05:23 PM
Please vote above just so we can get this finalised today.

Colonel Mitch
16th August 2010, 05:35 PM
Voted screen print as if its a decent method and how most of my shirts with stuff on them are done, that fine, and in my opinion better.

I know the colour isnt as good but its alote more comfortable and folds up nicer

VoX
16th August 2010, 05:57 PM
If it's only minute differences then cheaper really.

Chazlene
16th August 2010, 08:18 PM
To be honest I don't think we can really decide since we don't actually know what the screenprint shirts look like.