PDA

View Full Version : Where's ATK HQ

Trigger
24th August 2010, 10:50 PM
This mightve been talked about in another thread but i cant be bothered to go through them all.

I assume that i shall be the first one to arrive thursday morning and so could whoever knows (Chalex) where we want our tents to be set up draw a red circle on the Multiplay map, with w/e added instructions.

http://static.multiplayuk.com/images/content/i40/i40-venue-map.jpg

Calneon
24th August 2010, 11:03 PM
I say we camp here:

http://imgur.com/Q6xgt.jpg

because:

A) Close to buildings (ish)
B) People don't trample our tents to get to the buildings
C) Next to car park
D) Next to entrance and check-in

Chazlene
24th August 2010, 11:11 PM
I agree with Phantom, if it aint already taken we should go there.

Isphera
25th August 2010, 12:06 AM
I agree with Phantom, if it aint already taken we should go there.

Key phrase - chances are that it will since that's the sort of area everyone will want to go. Since I'm not staying for the whole thing, I won't recommend an area or a backup, but have two or three in mind in case your first choice goes quick.

Colonel Mitch
25th August 2010, 12:23 AM
area is close BUT there will be constant people walking to and fro day and night.

Calneon
25th August 2010, 01:08 AM
area is close BUT there will be constant people walking to and fro day and night.
Better than most other places tbh.

@ Oric, me and Trigger are getting there early (he needs to check in early because of his admin stuff), so hopefully we'll get it.

Chalex4
25th August 2010, 10:01 AM
Wherever we go, there will be good and bad things. The area you've highlighted looks good, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's taken by staff at the event today.

All I would say is that wherever you do choose, please can you make it as near to the carpark as possible and on flat ground (noone likes camping on a hill). Make sure you also save enough room for 21 people :p.

Target
25th August 2010, 10:37 AM
/agree cba with car doors banging all night and people going to and from them...and car lights etc think we should go closer to the showers, its a real pain having to walk any distance to toilet or showers in the night/morning :D would rather have a little longer walk to the event to wake up a bit, but saying that if its pissing it down :S qq
Think I might just sleep on my keyboard :O
And we don't want Marshy having some kind of mental break down at the lan :D

Vicious Horizon
25th August 2010, 11:15 AM
Lol, I can imagine Marshy now:

"No sleep and no shower makes Marshy FUCKEN CRAZY!"

Calneon
25th August 2010, 12:08 PM
Can you camp in the Beer Garden? xD

Isphera
25th August 2010, 12:41 PM
By the way, due to the rain continuing here and Newbury, I'm not bringing the softball stuff, partly because I don't wanna get muddy before I even get to Reading, and partly because I don't want anyone to break their arm at the start of the weekend. I will be bringing my MTG starter stuff though, so you can watch/rip me and Fred all you like.

ez64
25th August 2010, 12:58 PM
By the way, due to the rain continuing here and Newbury, I'm not bringing the softball stuff, partly because I don't wanna get muddy before I even get to Reading, and partly because I don't want anyone to break their arm at the start of the weekend. I will be bringing my MTG starter stuff though, so you can watch/rip me and Fred all you like.

MTG?!?!??! yes please :D

Isphera
25th August 2010, 01:03 PM
Lol, I've only got the starter Black and supplemental 30-card green bits, so don't expect me to put up much resistance :D

ez64
25th August 2010, 01:19 PM
I'm a noob too so no problems.

Isphera
25th August 2010, 01:38 PM
Yay!! Let's go noob it up :D

Paper Tiger
25th August 2010, 11:55 PM
I shall just turn up on Thursday/Friday and call someone frantically wondering where you lot are and if someone can come find me XD

I might leave stupidly early Friday morning, or even extremely late Thursday evening yet... I'm undecided. Depends what's going on with this party I'm possibly going to

Vicious Horizon
26th August 2010, 08:11 AM
I shall just turn up on Thursday/Friday and call someone frantically wondering where you lot are and if someone can come find me XD

I might leave stupidly early Friday morning, or even extremely late Thursday evening yet... I'm undecided. Depends what's going on with this party I'm possibly going to

Lol, if you want my number just shout, unless you've got someone else's

Trigger
26th August 2010, 11:58 AM
me and sam have arrived set up camp to the right of the carparn near the back wall, we are the green and red tents under the tree

Chazlene
26th August 2010, 12:02 PM
me and sam have arrived set up camp to the right of the carparn near the back wall, we are the green and red tents under the tree

Awesome, I thought we should get that spot under the tree, see you at 3pm, many others there yet?

Vicious Horizon
26th August 2010, 12:04 PM

Where's that on the map?

Trigger
26th August 2010, 01:06 PM
im using my internet on my phone, so not really able to draw anything, map doesnt really help once ur here, just ring someone and they can help you out when your close, it aint 2 hard to find ps no one else is here yet and probably wont b till 2ish