PDA

View Full Version : [OLD] Ęternus TF2 Team Activity Check

Isphera
1st September 2010, 01:09 PM
This thread is a generic thread to re-gauge interest in the TF2 team and check upon the activity of those interested in participating. Could anyone interested in this or anyone who originally was interested but no longer is willing to participate please post so we can properly see where this team can go.

Thank you in advance

-----

Ok, offical bit out the way - Similar to CSS, I would still be up for this depending upon dates and commitment required by VH, but if BC2 takes off, and what with radio and raid commitments, I will probably have to pull out of TF2.

Darkeagle
1st September 2010, 01:16 PM
Talking to piers at i40, i think the tf2 team should revive its self, it was a laugh and the most team style thing ATK has done in a while

Isphera
1st September 2010, 01:23 PM
With Ęternus, I think I started it off all wrong. Trying to get a competitive serious clan going will never work, mainly because thats not how the majority of us game. We play for the fun of it and the fun of playing the games with other people from the community. I think what we should make Ęternus become is a casual, fun clan/guild in where we aim to be a competitive and skilled as possible, but not focus on it and make it the 'be all and end all' as to if Ęternus is a success or not. Obviously, having practices and tactics is a must, but don't be like 'you must play every day, practices last 7 hours and we will learn each map religiously, we will have matches every second not taken up by practice' etc., because thats how you burn out.

Darkeagle
1st September 2010, 01:47 PM
yeah exactly, tbh i think it will be okay when i get back into school because i will have a set routine, so yeah why not, il give this ago, but again we do need at least two working servers so we can sort out matches and what not

Isphera
1st September 2010, 03:01 PM
Good idea might be to have like a sesh on a public server just to evaluate people and their skills at different classes. No pressure, and it's easy to switch out classes if people so wish, plus everyone has free evenings atm. Obv. I'm medic solo :D

Darkpidgeon
1st September 2010, 04:46 PM
Yeah I personally don't think there's been a good enough opportunity over summer for us all to get on the server, but as DE said when school comes back round and a routine developed I'm sure we can get on the public server once in a while.

Regarding servers, the 24 is up and running fine, just need the 13 slot match server to be updated and have a match setting plug-in installed. I think :p

VoX
1st September 2010, 06:19 PM
¬¬

I just changed the 13 slot to CoD4 last night.

Right, I'll speak to target and providing they're fine with the 11 slot, you can have the 13 slot, if not then I'll get a config to allow the 24 slot to be switched between match and public.

Toasty-Sloth
1st September 2010, 11:35 PM
im definetly interested in being part of the team :)

Isphera
2nd September 2010, 09:47 AM
Awesome, I've altered the roster list to put TF2 in active, and I've added your name as a trialist Toasty. If DE/DP wanna scrap trials and just go straight to membership and matches then I'll switch your status. On that point, DE and DP, you guys might wanna compile a list of positions that people prefer to play.

Darkeagle
2nd September 2010, 09:52 AM
Well, we will get all this done at latest by next sunday there will be everything we need to get this up and running, sound fair?

Isphera
2nd September 2010, 10:04 AM
Sounds great.

Kacere
2nd September 2010, 10:17 AM
Sounds good, I'm still up for joining :)

Vicious Horizon
2nd September 2010, 11:48 AM
Scoutin' an' Burnin'

Isphera
3rd September 2010, 10:12 AM
and I be healin'