PDA

View Full Version : Duke Nukem Forever Will Be Developed By Gearbox

eTernity
4th September 2010, 08:58 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_i36pH3m0tVw20INaor4rraikhNZuv tIsjqPODj7yOK6lIm4&t=1&usg=__3o9LDcc7pXc2YVQYHBNTnLwZuZg=

Last year it was announced that Duke Nukem Forever Is cancelled, But now Gearbox announced in the Pax Prime that it will continue the development itself.
Duke Nukem firstly entered to development in 1997 and was developed at the time by 3D Realms.

Anyways, should be in stores in at least a year.

Calneon
4th September 2010, 10:29 PM
Anyways, should be in stores in at least a year.
Does that mean within 1 year, or the release date is at least a year away (i.e. > 1 year)

Vicious Horizon
4th September 2010, 11:27 PM
It means in another 12 years after they decide the engine can't display the game's true potential :p

eTernity
5th September 2010, 01:44 PM
Does that mean within 1 year, or the release date is at least a year away (i.e. > 1 year)

Year +

Target
5th September 2010, 02:52 PM
So 2020 :O

Isphera
6th September 2010, 11:37 PM
I care so little about this, it's taken me just over two days to be bothered to visit this thread.

This game will never be released and is a PR tool for stupidity. The playable demo will be scrapped when they decide to do the game in 3D instead, and so on and so forth.

Calneon
6th September 2010, 11:57 PM
I care so little about this, it's taken me just over two days to be bothered to visit this thread.

This game will never be released and is a PR tool for stupidity. The playable demo will be scrapped when they decide to do the game in 3D instead, and so on and so forth.
Nah, it will be released this time.

Isphera
7th September 2010, 12:26 AM
That's what they said the last couple times.

If it does come out though, over/under 60 on the review score average? I bet £100 it's under.

Calneon
7th September 2010, 12:43 AM
That's what they said the last couple times.

If it does come out though, over/under 60 on the review score average? I bet £100 it's under.
Different developer dude.

I think it will be over 60.

Deri
7th September 2010, 03:06 AM
Regenerating health.

Mother of god don't.

Vicious Horizon
7th September 2010, 08:03 AM
NEIN.

Regen health takes away the fun, the scrambling, and is just an excuse for developers not to play health kits.

Isphera
7th September 2010, 10:08 AM
QFT bro.

I loved HL2 because it was a challenge in itself to marshal your health, especially in Nova Prospeckt. It's also one reason I went of CoD and switched to BC2 multiplayer - you actually have to be careful with health to some degree rather than lol charge and hide.

Chazlene
7th September 2010, 11:10 AM
Hmmm I don't mind regenerating health really, to be honest in games life Battlefield I just found it a nuisance having to run around finding some way to heal yourself, whereas in COD you can just get on with the action.

D_K_Head
8th September 2010, 02:52 AM
Regen health... Good in some games, where scrambling around is important... Like sections of BC2 or MW2. NOT good for games where survival is part of the game, like HL2, and FC2.

in other news: WHY ARE THERE SO MANY FUCKING XX2 GAMES? IT SEEMS LIKE ALL WE DO IS PLAY SEQUALS.

It's worth bearing in mind that we're talking about Gearbox here, who are experts at taking someone elses concept, and making a decent game out of it, like the expansion packs for the original Half Life... or just porting games well, like the PC version of Halo (which was a DECENT shooter. Nothing more, nothing less.)

Calneon
8th September 2010, 12:10 PM
in other news: WHY ARE THERE SO MANY FUCKING XX2 GAMES? IT SEEMS LIKE ALL WE DO IS PLAY SEQUALS.

Because developers like investing in something that is proven to be successful.