PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas from ATK!

Chalex4
25th December 2010, 09:37 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

How are you celebrating Christmas this year? We want to know!

Post your festivities, pictures and presents below :D. Have an amazing day!

Chazlene
25th December 2010, 09:51 AM
So far I've covered my grumpy twat of a neighbour's tractor in tinsel. It was the only time I've seen him genuinely happy.

VoX
25th December 2010, 12:02 PM
Haha love it Chaz, pics?

Enjoying a nice Sigma 18-200mm, will post some pics a bit later :)

Calneon
25th December 2010, 12:24 PM
Nikon D3100 battery currently charging up. Also got external HDD because my old one blew up (kinda), DVDs, booze, chocolates. Sister is happy with her new laptop I've been setting up secretly for her over the last few days (not paid for by me ofc xD). About to go to uncle's for Christmas dinner.

VoX
25th December 2010, 01:25 PM
Nice :D.

Cal - Don't even have that camera on Auto for a second :p. Jump straight into "Av" mode (Aperture Priority) Moving the command wheel will allow you to set the aperture to what you want (giving you control over the Depth of Field) and holding down the Av button on the top of the camera and moving the dial will change the exposure bias.

Based on where you are shooting set the ISO to either 400 (For outside shooting) or pretty much max for inside shooting (I assume this will be 1600, although iirc using ISO booston a Nikon it is labelled as "High1/2/3" with "High3" being the max boost (This was on a D5000 though so may have a few more boosts over the D3100, principle should stay the same though :D))

From there, just change the exposure bias to get the shot looking as it does for real, oh, and Make sure "VR" on your lens is set to On!

Oh, and above all, have fun! :D

Target
25th December 2010, 06:41 PM
Omg Chalex is actually Santa or an Elf, he's never here all year apart from Christmas 8O Where are the presents Chalex???
Got new phone which I have been playing with most of the day, sat watched tv and eaten food, all good really.

Chalex4
26th December 2010, 12:23 AM
I had the usual big family gathering which was fun :). Ate about my weight in food though lol.

Didn't want/get any gadget presents this year, so I've got some nice new clothes etc.

I want to see some pics Phant!!

Marshy
26th December 2010, 02:09 AM
Merry christmas guys i hope you all get what you wanted :D

Target
26th December 2010, 02:11 AM
LOL nice Avatar Marshy :D :D, captured Joes cumface nicely :O

Isphera
26th December 2010, 01:07 PM
LOL nice Avatar Marshy :D :D, captured Joes cumface nicely :O

I rofl'd