PDA

View Full Version : World Of Warcraft with Kinect

Calneon
5th January 2011, 01:01 PM
Finally a decent use for the Kinect. Actually looks like it works quite well, imagine 25 people in a line 'dancing' to kill a boss, would be hilarious xD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=62wj8eJ0FHw#!

Hutch
5th January 2011, 01:58 PM
It looks like fun, except he does look extremely weird while doing it. Also would you want to be playing using that when in a high level raid or when its really important? It doesn't look as fast as using a mouse.

Vicious Horizon
5th January 2011, 02:02 PM
When would most WoW players be where other people could see them, anyway? I don't think they'd mind looking a but weird :D

Calneon
5th January 2011, 03:27 PM
It looks like fun, except he does look extremely weird while doing it. Also would you want to be playing using that when in a high level raid or when its really important? It doesn't look as fast as using a mouse.
No, but say you were leveling an alt, you could level and exercise at the same time!

nikoli
5th January 2011, 03:32 PM
id bust out some pro dance moves if it was a raid :p

Target
5th January 2011, 03:33 PM
Yeh you would get a good work out leveling 1-85 like that :D
You might get a bit complicated in a raid though XD

Vicious Horizon
5th January 2011, 04:06 PM
Imagine at i43.

A bunch of WoW Players lined up enacting YMCA in an attempt to "Look upon the host of SOOOOOOOOOULS"

Hutch
5th January 2011, 04:09 PM
with conga lines and random shouts and stuff going on at iseries events, it wouldn't look mega out of place lol.

Isphera
5th January 2011, 04:15 PM
This is all fine when you have cast spells that have a timer. I was a warlock, 80% of my rotation was instant cast, including the first three. Imagine what I'd be like during a fight :D

Calneon
5th January 2011, 04:18 PM
This is all fine when you have cast spells that have a timer. I was a warlock, 80% of my rotation was instant cast, including the first three. Imagine what I'd be like during a fight :D
Like you playing Wii boxing?

Hutch
5th January 2011, 04:32 PM
I am the champion of wii boxing. Fact

Colonel Mitch
5th January 2011, 05:14 PM
My flatmate you bought a kinect yesterday and im installing all the stuff i can find on my pc now.

will let y'all know what we can do :)

Calneon
5th January 2011, 05:57 PM
My flatmate you bought a kinect yesterday and im installing all the stuff i can find on my pc now.

will let y'all know what we can do :)
Awesome.

Target
5th January 2011, 09:01 PM
lol projector with that will be lolz :D

CILLIT BANG
5th January 2011, 09:16 PM
soooooo cool but why was steven segal talking at the end?

Colonel Mitch
6th January 2011, 06:16 AM
lol projector with that will be lolz :D

Yeah its pretty win. Shes got dance central and whilst i definatley cant dance and she isnt really built for it shes actually getting quite good and it really shows how precise the kinect is.

We need to get kinectimals, coz on a 140" screen it will be like jurassic park xD

Vicious Horizon
6th January 2011, 10:47 AM
MY GOD A CUTE FURRY ANIMAL IS BREATHING AGAINST THE PROJECTOR D=

Colonel Mitch
7th January 2011, 03:42 PM
Video uploaded as promised - description lists important stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBtcU3JHC0A

EDIT: Watch in 480 / 720p for better view - obvs

Calneon
7th January 2011, 03:50 PM
Nice job, bring it to the next i-series!

Colonel Mitch
7th January 2011, 03:55 PM
Nice job, bring it to the next i-series!

It can detect multiple people too but the program doesn't currently support more than one user inputting at a time, even tho they can be detected and identified.

Koopaman45
30th March 2011, 11:24 PM
How would this work, would you plug the kinect into the computer?