PDA

View Full Version : Razer Switchblade

Chalex4
6th January 2011, 07:49 PM
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/9687/razerswitchbladconceptc.jpg

Razer has come out with something truly new at CES this year. The Switchblade consists of two 7" multitouch displays, one as the main monitor, and one for the dynamic keys.

Apparently it's going to be made using an Intel Atom processor, and what graphics technology it will be using is currently unknown.

Looks like it could be a good one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiQ0AnlfBu4

Isphera
6th January 2011, 08:18 PM
I'm gonna hold judgement until it comes out in a useable format, because this looks like it could be awesome, but then again many things that look awesome at this stage tend to be lol fail. I love Razer though, so I have every faith that this could really work.

ez64
6th January 2011, 09:08 PM
Would work very well as long as the keyboard transition is easy to use from chat to game vice versa. If that doesn't work imagine trying to talk in battle grounds or a raid and having to wait for the keyboard to come up with no functionality other than chat. Would be laughed at but I'm sure they have thought this through and through.

If they manage to sell it RRP for less than £300 it will sell well but with that keyboard I imagine £500+ which I cannot see too many people saying they MUST have this, unless its just parents buying for gaming kids that dont have a proper PC or the know how of custom builds.

Would be awesome for spectator days at a lan for instance or going round a mates house and you cba to bring your gaming machine anvil :D

Target
6th January 2011, 10:04 PM
This was already in the shout box chalex...anyway, When I first sore it I thought it was a special persons laptop, but its a cool idea, just don't think it will work that well yet

Hutch
6th January 2011, 10:41 PM
And how will most games run on an atom processor?

VoX
6th January 2011, 11:50 PM
And how will most games run on an atom processor?

Judging by the Atom netbook I was sorting out speed wise for a mate the other day, I'd say shockingly.

Kiliv
7th January 2011, 12:01 AM
well tbh it might not be that bad, ur all just going OMFG IT USES ATOM IT MUST BE SHIT! but what your not taking into mind is that it is small enough to fit in your hand!, it will probably be the fastest processor in something that small. as long as its kitted out with a decent gpu and ram it will probably play games ok on a screen that small. plus the fact it looks like its geared towards low end games, such as mmorpgs and old fps which an atom is good enough, yes you wont get a billion frames per second but for a hand held device it simply destroys all of the competition, plus it will have in built 3g so eve on the run will be prity awesome tbh ^^

Colonel Mitch
7th January 2011, 12:13 AM
Judging by the Atom netbook I was sorting out speed wise for a mate the other day, I'd say shockingly.

This is what I thought.

Its a cool idea but i would have though better suited to a normal notebook with proper components.

Calneon
7th January 2011, 02:07 AM
Where's the mouse? I assume you plug one in? In which case what's the difference to a normal laptop?

If for some reason they think competitive multiplayer gaming (quake live, high level wow dungeons/pvp) would be possible with one hand on the keyboard and the other reaching over and stroking the monitor, they have a massive flaw. It would be like using a touchpad to control an fps.

I'll give them credit though, it's a decent idea, but in it's current state it won't be able to play the latest games (there's a reason they showed quake live and not CoD or BC2), let alone let anyone be competitive with them. And as ez64 said, it's not going to be cheap either. You'd be better off buying a decent laptop and learning to use a trackball mouse.

Hutch
7th January 2011, 01:21 PM
reaching over and stroking the monitor

Nice Kitty. Give me some good drops and I'll give you a little treat!

Toasty-Sloth
7th January 2011, 05:37 PM
Where's the mouse? I assume you plug one in? In which case what's the difference to a normal laptop?

mouse next to the laptop at 1.10

Hutch
7th January 2011, 06:45 PM
Does anyone else think the guy at the start looks a bit like Harold from Harold and Kumar....?

Calneon
8th January 2011, 01:06 AM
mouse next to the laptop at 1.10
Oh yeah must have missed that.

Toasty-Sloth
8th January 2011, 03:14 PM
Oh yeah must have missed that.

Yeahh I had to watch it again, because I missed it too and I was really confused how you would control it.