PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Age 2 and Shogun 2 Total War demos

Calneon
22nd February 2011, 09:36 PM
Gaming news on ATK, who'd have thunk it.

Shogun 2 (http://store.steampowered.com/app/34330/)

Dragon Age 2 (http://dragonage.bioware.com/info/demo/)

Chazlene
23rd February 2011, 12:27 AM
Just tried the Dragon Age 2 one... can't say I particularly liked it, anyone else have the problem where the music was way louder than the dialogue so you had no idea what was going on?

And won't be trying the Shogun 2 demo on account of my Steam still being kaput lol.

Calneon
23rd February 2011, 12:30 AM
Tried the DA2 demo on my laptop quicky, played 10 minutes, will play it properly when I get back to my desktop. Seems good so far, combat is a lot more visceral and it looks/performs just as good as the first. Not a huge fan of the default character, hopefully you can change his appearance in the full game. Noticed you can't have the top down view (at least I didn't find out how), which is a shame, I played most of the first top down. Will probably get this if I can find it under £20.

Chazlene
23rd February 2011, 12:40 AM
Tried the DA2 demo on my laptop quicky, played 10 minutes, will play it properly when I get back to my desktop. Seems good so far, combat is a lot more visceral and it looks/performs just as good as the first. Not a huge fan of the default character, hopefully you can change his appearance in the full game. Noticed you can't have the top down view (at least I didn't find out how), which is a shame, I played most of the first top down. Will probably get this if I can find it under £20.

The whole demo in total only seemed like 10 minutes lol. And I didn't really like the camera, etc... maybe it's just because I've started playing Guild Wars again out of desperation of not having Steam and have gotten used to that :p

Target
23rd February 2011, 03:08 AM
The new Dawn of War look pretty good btw, might give the demo a bash when its released :D

Bloo
23rd February 2011, 09:44 AM
Dragon Age 2 was fun. The combat is fun, though the prelude environment was fairly boring and overly corridor-ey. Like the moves for the rogue, and the spell effects for the mage. The characters seemed a little flat though...

Calneon
23rd February 2011, 10:44 AM
Dragon Age 2 was fun. The combat is fun, though the prelude environment was fairly boring and overly corridor-ey. Like the moves for the rogue, and the spell effects for the mage. The characters seemed a little flat though...
I totally agree, it baffles me why they used that environment for the demo when they surely have a lot more beautiful environments. I saw the first fight in some development videos and thought it must have been just a testing environment it was so bland.

Hutch
23rd February 2011, 01:34 PM
I can't be arsed with another high fantasy RPG as I'm fed up with elves and dwarves and dungeons and dragons shit. I also can't be arsed with Shogun 2 as I have little interest in that period of history.
I realise this is very close minded. I'm going to stick to Hawx and Assassins Creed:Brotherhood for a bit.
Here are some spoilers about Assassins Creed for those of you who havent played it.

Ha, I knew you'd look Chazlene

Chazlene
23rd February 2011, 02:44 PM

Yeah as soon as I saw that environment I thought "Ascalon..."

Calneon
23rd February 2011, 04:07 PM
I can't be arsed with another high fantasy RPG as I'm fed up with elves and dwarves and dungeons and dragons shit. I also can't be arsed with Shogun 2 as I have little interest in that period of history.
I realise this is very close minded. I'm going to stick to Hawx and Assassins Creed:Brotherhood for a bit.
Here are some spoilers about Assassins Creed for those of you who havent played it.

Ha, I knew you'd look Chazlene
Fair enough, I heard they dropped the always online DRM from Brotherhood so I may check it out.

Setsoru
23rd February 2011, 07:48 PM
never wanted to play dao2, any word on shogun 2?

thats my next buy really, after deus ex 3 comes out (still waiting)

Calneon
23rd February 2011, 09:22 PM
never wanted to play dao2, any word on shogun 2?
Did you read the OP? The news on Shogun 2 is that there's a demo...

Vicious Horizon
23rd February 2011, 09:42 PM

http://i.imgur.com/LnkgT.gif

Chazlene
23rd February 2011, 10:10 PM

I think he meant is there any news on what the demo is like...

Calneon
23rd February 2011, 10:11 PM
I think he meant is there any news on what the demo is like...
Makes sense, haven't played that yet.

Just finished the DA2 demo, pretty much a must buy for me now, and demos rarely impress me.

Setsoru
23rd February 2011, 10:55 PM
wow did i step on your menstruation when i walked in the room?

hahah yeah i meant has anyone played the demo yet.