PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation

Koopaman45
30th March 2011, 11:29 PM
My favorite RTS game I've ever played was Age of Mythology. Can anyone recommend me a game that would be similar to it?

Colonel Mitch
30th March 2011, 11:39 PM
My favorite RTS game I've ever played was Age of Mythology. Can anyone recommend me a game that would be similar to it?

I never really got into Age of Mythology, tho I loved Age of Empires 1 and 2 and their expansions back in the day :D

My favorite RTS if your interested is Command and Conquer: Generals Zero Hour.
It doesn't work like a normal C&C game and uses separate builder units rather than the old style "build pane" that can only do 1 or 2 things at once within a radius of a building. Also every building has its own build queue for units and upgrades, so in that respect its more like something like Age of Empires.

Also, welcome to the fourms mate :D

Its nice to have some fresh blood around here, but the necro police will come and get you if you revive any other dead threads ;)

Chalex4
31st March 2011, 12:54 AM
And lo, he revived more dead threads :D. Welcome to ATK!

Big fan of Age of Mythology too, and actually got a bit of that nostalgia back when I played Anno1404 recently. Not quite the same type of game, but still good fun.

Chazlene
31st March 2011, 02:56 AM
Other RTS games members of ATK play or have played include the Total War series, (like Rome: Total War and Napoleon: Total War), Dawn of War (mostly DoW1, not sure if many of us have DoW2), and Company of Heroes... so there's a few if you wanna play something that some of us could possibly join you at.

Calneon
31st March 2011, 11:13 AM
Starcraft 2. Not really at all similar to 'Age Of' games, but if you're looking for an excellent RTS then you won't go far wrong.