PDA

View Full Version : Question

Koopaman45
30th March 2011, 11:56 PM
The server is wonderful, but how comes there's hourly updates?

Colonel Mitch
30th March 2011, 11:57 PM
The server is wonderful, but how comes there's hourly updates?

I assume your talking about the mindcraft server, One of the admins will undoubtedly leave a reply by tomorrow, tho try to be specific as we have several different servers :)

Koopaman45
30th March 2011, 11:59 PM
Oh sorry, yes the minecraft server.

Isphera
31st March 2011, 12:51 AM
I assume your talking about the mindcraft server, One of the admins will undoubtedly leave a reply by tomorrow, tho try to be specific as we have several different servers :)

Thats why it's in the Minecraft Server forum, /facepalm

Chalex4
31st March 2011, 12:52 AM
I think it's to keep the server lag free, and to reboot it if it crashes. Don't take my word for it though, wait for the admins to comment first :P.

Colonel Mitch
31st March 2011, 12:58 AM

oh shit didnt see that xD

Just opened it from the homepage :P

my bad

Olivre
31st March 2011, 08:25 AM

made me laugh :)

Vicious Horizon
31st March 2011, 08:46 AM
Ahem, we restart the server every 2 hours for a number of reasons.

Reason 1: It reboots the mobs and dropped items, meaning less lag on the server
Reason 2: Back in the day before we implemented this, the server was a little unstable, and had a habit of crashing in the early hours of the morning, meaning from 3am to 2pm the server was down, this restart means that if the server goes down, there's a maximum of 2 hours, rather than 11 hours.

Those are the two main reasons, and tbh it's an efficient fix for most of the server problems.

Servers_Up
20th January 2012, 11:12 AM
can someone send me a link and how to get Minecraft up and running and what the specifications are?

Vicious Horizon
20th January 2012, 12:50 PM
Hey mate, welcome to the forums!

Not meaning to be a dick, but this thread is pretty old, and we really don't have any problems with you starting up your own threads rather than reviving older ones.

More relevantly, Minecraft is pretty easy to get set up and running, firstly you need to buy the game at Minecraft.net - From there you can download the game, it's not very big so it's only a short download, from there it's double-click and run the game no-problems.

If you meant how to set up a server, then you can buy one from Multiplay.co.uk - AFAIK they're pretty cheap and you pay monthly for a permanent server hosted by them.

Joe
20th January 2012, 05:37 PM
This

Ahem, we restart the server every 2 hours for a number of reasons.

Reason 1: It reboots the mobs and dropped items, meaning less lag on the server
Reason 2: Back in the day before we implemented this, the server was a little unstable, and had a habit of crashing in the early hours of the morning, meaning from 3am to 2pm the server was down, this restart means that if the server goes down, there's a maximum of 2 hours, rather than 11 hours.

Those are the two main reasons, and tbh it's an efficient fix for most of the server problems.