PDA

View Full Version : Planned Server Maintenance (22/04/11)

Chalex4
22nd April 2011, 01:52 AM
We are finally moving away from our aging server onto some nice new Dell hardware! This will give the ATK website a noticeable improvement in performance. Of course, these changes will also affect all ATK Hosted websites :).

The server will be migrated on Friday the 22nd April (today!) during the time window 23:00 – 00:00. During this time the old server will be powered down power down and the new server brought online. There will be approximately 20 minutes downtime for http (web pages) as there will be a recompile of Apache required.

Colonel Mitch
22nd April 2011, 02:21 AM
Dell hardware :O

Lets just close the site down for good right now.......

WHERE'S THE I40 VIDEO?!?!?!?

nikoli
22nd April 2011, 09:46 AM
yhea where is it?

Chalex4
22nd April 2011, 09:56 AM
Dell's line of servers is a completely different story to their consumer PCs (which are a little fail). Pretty much everyone uses them.

You're not going to get the video any faster by asking about it constantly. So just put up with it, and stop derailing threads.

Isphera
22nd April 2011, 10:06 AM
AddendaProvided is getting an upgrade! YAY!

and what did you think of the song selections.

Hutch
22nd April 2011, 11:22 AM
Dell's line of servers is a completely different story to their consumer PCs (which are a little fail). Pretty much everyone uses them.

You're not going to get the video any faster by asking about it constantly. So just put up with it, and stop derailing threads.

They'd stop derailing if you released it. I don't think they even care about post production, just something on youtube would sate them..

CILLIT BANG
22nd April 2011, 02:54 PM
so yehhhh video ... you carnt have been busy all year ... such a slacker

Marshy
22nd April 2011, 02:55 PM
How is it going then (i40 video) not when its out just how far!

Isphera
23rd April 2011, 05:26 PM
How is it going then (i40 video) not when its out just how far!

This - we ask so much because we have no information about it and we care :D

Chalex4
26th April 2011, 08:42 PM
The server upgrade was completed a day later than planned, but is now complete :). I'm actually noticing quite a boost in the site's performance, which is nice.

Video is looking slick. That's all I'll say.

Chazlene
26th April 2011, 09:52 PM
The server upgrade was completed a day later than planned, but is now complete :). I'm actually noticing quite a boost in the site's performance, which is nice.

Video is looking slick. That's all I'll say.

So much for meeting up over Easter to get it done :p