PDA

View Full Version : Dropbox Referrals & Extra Free Space

Chalex4
4th May 2011, 06:43 PM
I'm sure you've already heard about Dropbox:

Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily - including on your mobile.

Signing up using a referral link grants both the referrer and new member an extra 256MB space on top of the default 2GB. Win win :).

To signup, here's my referral link: http://db.tt/ieUOJ1C (I'll remove link once it's used up)

Once you've signed up using a referral link, do this to get more space:

https://www.dropbox.com/edu : increases max space from 8GB to 16GB and doubles referral reward
https://www.dropbox.com/free : easy way to get about 1GB extra space
Post your referral link in this thread!

I haven't used my USB stick at all since I got this. Was pretty skeptical before hand, but it's great not to worry about losing my files. If you don't like it, deleting your account is easy peasy.

Share your referral links below :).

Chazlene
4th May 2011, 08:29 PM
Lol I use this at Uni to hand in digital work :D

Setsoru
4th May 2011, 08:46 PM
i used it at workkk

Calneon
4th May 2011, 08:51 PM
I broke my USB and haven't bought a new one yet so I might start using this. I generally take my laptop whenever I need to work away from home though so I don't think I'd use it much.

Chalex4
4th May 2011, 09:13 PM
Interesting that you say that Cal, as I mainly use it to sync all my docs between my desktop and laptop. I hate having duplicate files with different names all in different places depending on the computer that I'm on.

Having the ability to share folders is also great, as I've now got a "family share" that goes to every family member and one for some mates who I do photography with. There are some there for coursework groups too :).

If you have a decent phone, you can also get all your docs that way which I guess is useful.

Hutch
4th May 2011, 09:17 PM
I just gmail myself stuff.

Chalex4
4th May 2011, 09:22 PM
I just gmail myself stuff.

I used to, but things do tend to get messy pretty fast. Each to their own though.

VoX
4th May 2011, 10:39 PM
Having the ability to share folders is also great, as I've now got a "family share" that goes to every family member and one for some mates who I do photography with. There are some there for coursework groups too :).

If you have a decent phone, you can also get all your docs that way which I guess is useful.

Use it for the phone aspect and thats about it, would use for laptops but I'm always borrowing, never have a permanent one lol. And hey get more of that photography stuff up here, I feel like I'm in that thread by myself at times :P

Calneon
5th May 2011, 02:03 AM
Interesting that you say that Cal, as I mainly use it to sync all my docs between my desktop and laptop. I hate having duplicate files with different names all in different places depending on the computer that I'm on.

When I'm at home I use a program that syncs up folders for me much in the same way you probably sync using dropbox, but because I'm not uploading to the internet and then downloading, and using LAN instead, it's much faster (still quite slow because it's over wifi though).

ez64
5th May 2011, 02:36 PM
I used to, but things do tend to get messy pretty fast. Each to their own though.

Should use the gmail drive program its really handy and was released pretty much the same month gmail came out :D

Isphera
7th May 2011, 05:39 PM
Tried this out - neat little gizmo, but I probably won't find a regular use for it.