PDA

View Full Version : i43 - Possible new venue

Chazlene
9th May 2011, 06:07 PM
Just saw this link posted on Facebook by Wizzo... i43 might be at Telford International Centre instead of Newbury Racecourse: http://forums.multiplay.co.uk/insomnia43/82131-insomnia43-venue-newbury-v-telford

You can vote on the poll, to be honest I'd rather it stay at Newbury, but only really for the selfish reason that it's a lot closer to me :p

Vicious Horizon
9th May 2011, 06:09 PM
<3 newbury, mainly because I know how it all works there, and I think we pretty much already have our seats planned out.

I wasn't a fan of the Stoneleigh big warehouse feel, I liked the carpets and layout of the Berkshire stand D:

Calneon
9th May 2011, 06:35 PM
3000 people split into two halls? Better have fucking good air con. I already have a ticket so I'm not bothered at all about having letting more people in.

Hutch
9th May 2011, 07:15 PM
3000 people split into two halls? Better have fucking good air con. I already have a ticket so I'm not bothered at all about having letting more people in.

thats selfish lol

Colonel Mitch
9th May 2011, 07:17 PM
Whilst I agree i enjoyed i31 more than i34 /i37 for the communal feel, i40 (excluding the internet problems we had) jsut didnt feel the same really to me.

It has kinda made me think that I found i31 better more because it was all new to me than actually i preferred the venue.

So long as the halls are properly conditioned then I think that going for a larger scale event means more exhibitors, more things for us to do as a community besides gaming (ATK bowling night anyone?) in and around the venue.

Also the distance to shops look vastly superior compared to stonleigh especially, and even better than teh short trip to sainsburys at newbury.

Whilst Telford is much closer for anyone coming from the North, this doesn't really concern me either way, and I genuinely think that it has the potential to make for a better event when attending as a community.

I voted yes, and should recieve an email from multiplay as an already booked person this evening about it according to the linked thread.

Setsoru
9th May 2011, 07:32 PM
2 hours 35 mins
well, la di da..... that is going to one interesting journey. If im insane when i arrive, i will probably not demand compensation (because i will be insane)

voted i I don't care... because im one apathetic bastard

Vicious Horizon
9th May 2011, 07:33 PM
ATK Bowling sounds pretty fucking awesome, and I literally live next to a bowling alley, so hey, looks like I'll be getting some practise before i43 :D

Paper Tiger
9th May 2011, 07:43 PM
Set, I drop 6 hours up to Newcastle and it's really not that bad! It's the drive back that's going to be insane!

I'm not too fused tbh, but either way, I'll be going.

Target
9th May 2011, 08:50 PM
Voted Telford, so long as it is properly ventilated it should be fine, and the more people able to go to LAN hopefully means the competitions will be bigger, more price moneys and more exhibitors. It also promotes gaming more positively and boosts the overall gaming community, maybe get in contact with Novint Chalex or some others, 3000 dedicated gamers!!! :D

Also its closer, which is nice :D

Setsoru
9th May 2011, 08:59 PM
Set, I drop 6 hours up to Newcastle and it's really not that bad! It's the drive back that's going to be insane!

I'm not too fused tbh, but either way, I'll be going.

u still need a lift from surrey dude?

ez64
9th May 2011, 09:47 PM
lulz telford, just getting an even worse MPG car atm as well :D

VoX
9th May 2011, 10:09 PM
As much as I loved the communal atmosphere at i40, the large scale epicness of i37 was pretty good. For socializing, Newbury any day, for gaming, I just preferred the wide openness of Stoneleigh.

Isphera
9th May 2011, 10:23 PM
I'm gonna be honest here - If it's at Telford, I will most likely have to cancel. The travel there, the travel back for Reading on Friday, the travel back to i43, then back to Oxford, only to pack and go to Kenilworth on the first (can't go earlier, landlord is a tool), which is the same direction - I just can't afford the fuel.

Yeah, it could be resolved by not going to Reading, but in fairness, a line-up as it is for the Friday is not one I'm passing up. I just hope they see sense and will not change it but change to Telford for future events.

Colonel Mitch
9th May 2011, 10:41 PM
Sigh Oric it wont be the same without you there :(

EDIT: Survey email has just gone out to all currently paid.

Chalex4
9th May 2011, 10:58 PM
MPUK has sent out the survey now. I think Telford would be fine. This is what I posted on the MPUK forums:

I say go for the Telford location. It looks like it'll make the event much more exciting for all involved, but ONLY IF it's done right. I'm totally willing to trust MPUK if they think they have enough time to make this new location work.

But remember, if you don't get basic things right, then you'll be absolutely scathed. This means things like proper air conditioning, amazing security, plenty of showers and clean toilets, a filled exhibition hall, enough camping space and thorough network & power tests so there are no major cockups.

I'm also the kind of person that hates to go to such a big space, but see most of it empty. Like i37 for example. You'd put up a partition wall across half of the exhibition room, because you blatantly hadn't found enough companies to fill it. If you can fill these new awesome Telford rooms to the brim with companies and an amazing finals area that's on par to the i34 kind of setup, then everyone will love you forever. Looks like MPUK has its work cut out for the summer, but I'm sure it's possible!

Also wouldn't be keen on 3000 people throwing random crap around the room. Far too easy for stuff to break. IMO there should be a three strike system for stuff like that.

Marshy
9th May 2011, 11:01 PM
I would much prefer Newbury and telford is 40 mins away from me, i voted no and heres hoping others do the same

Target
9th May 2011, 11:25 PM
I'm gonna be honest here - If it's at Telford, I will most likely have to cancel. The travel there, the travel back for Reading on Friday, the travel back to i43, then back to Oxford, only to pack and go to Kenilworth on the first (can't go earlier, landlord is a tool), which is the same direction - I just can't afford the fuel.

Well thats bollocks Oric, you have money coming out of your ears, you buy a fucking dominoes every night ffs :D Just the other day you were boasting about the fuel econ of your car, it will cost you an extra £30 max which you can easily afford!!!!!

Isphera
9th May 2011, 11:36 PM
Well thats bollocks Oric, you have money coming out of your ears, you buy a fucking dominoes every night ffs :D Just the other day you were boasting about the fuel econ of your car, it will cost you an extra £30 max which you can easily afford!!!!!

Calculating it, it's about £70 over five days. Yes, the car is ecomonical, but doing that much driving won't really matter. I'm not going in-depth into comments on my personal financials (which I actually find insulting that you would use that as a reason for me coming), but whilst I am very fortunate to be in the position I am, previous expenditures (such as my bass), student living costs and savings for future ones (i.e my planned trip to Vegas), have made things like that difficult to do. Plus, aside from cost, it would also be a 4 hour round trip on thursday, basically nullifying the EAS (get there early, set-up, then drive back), a further 2 hours Friday night, getting to i43 about midnight, two hours back on the sunday, then another hour and a half on the 1st - madness!

Target
10th May 2011, 12:03 AM
No Oric just No, its a 552 mile round trip according to google, which in your car, even if you only get 65mpg will cost just over £50...it really is a poor excuse not to go Oric and I don't understand why if you have the money you wouldn't go, your going to be sat at home, on mumble listening to us partly enjoying are selves missing out on a good time, meeting everyone! Also we won't have any Oric hugs which will be disappointing and won't be able to comment on any huge wow fails!!! Just wear your mini and stop complaining, you southerns its like the venue is and hour and abit away on no i can't go, where as us northern lot have had to drive 300milse plus every time, didn't bother us though!!!! (rant over)

Hutch
10th May 2011, 12:08 AM
No Oric just No, its a 552 mile round trip according to google, which in your car, even if you only get 65mpg will cost just over £50...it really is a poor excuse not to go Oric and I don't understand why if you have the money you wouldn't go, your going to be sat at home, on mumble listening to us partly enjoying are selves missing out on a good time, meeting everyone! Also we won't have any Oric hugs which will be disappointing and won't be able to comment on any huge wow fails!!! Just wear your mini and stop complaining, you southerns its like the venue is and hour and abit away on no i can't go, where as us northern lot have had to drive 300milse plus every time, didn't bother us though!!!! (rant over)

Dude, a 500 mile trip isn't something i'd wish on anyone, especially if they have to go to other places as well for other reasons. I don't think he's citing money or even the distance as a major factor, just the fag of being in a car the whole time for very little benefit.

Also.... in the south versus north debate........ you will always lose :P

Setsoru
10th May 2011, 12:09 AM
your going to be sat at home, on mumble listening to us partly enjoying are selves

possibly naked!

-------edit-------
oric i mean lol

Chazlene
10th May 2011, 12:10 AM
I say go for the Telford location. It looks like it'll make the event much more exciting for all involved, but ONLY IF it's done right. I'm totally willing to trust MPUK if they think they have enough time to make this new location work.

But remember, if you don't get basic things right, then you'll be absolutely scathed. This means things like proper air conditioning, amazing security, plenty of showers and clean toilets, a filled exhibition hall, enough camping space and thorough network & power tests so there are no major cockups.

I'm also the kind of person that hates to go to such a big space, but see most of it empty. Like i37 for example. You'd put up a partition wall across half of the exhibition room, because you blatantly hadn't found enough companies to fill it. If you can fill these new awesome Telford rooms to the brim with companies and an amazing finals area that's on par to the i34 kind of setup, then everyone will love you forever. Looks like MPUK has its work cut out for the summer, but I'm sure it's possible!

Gah too many adjectives.

I think having loads of people throwing stuff about is part of the fun lol, and all the chanting and other madness. Reconsidering I think I preferred the atmosphere at i34 and i37 when everyone was in the same room together, plus it'd be better if we're doing another sponsorship thingy like we did with Novint making use of the projector, since every attendee will be able to see it.

Hutch
10th May 2011, 12:13 AM
I remember at i34 that it was quite communal and I liked being able to see everything that was going on. I did seem to think however that people were getting really antsy about any immature behaviour and blaming it on "kids" when it was mainly the adults getting sloshed and being annoying. I might go to a Lan next year if possible. EDIT: and its not anywhere north of Bristol. I don't wish to be infected.

Isphera
10th May 2011, 12:28 AM
Dude, a 500 mile trip isn't something i'd wish on anyone, especially if they have to go to other places as well for other reasons. I don't think he's citing money or even the distance as a major factor, just the fag of being in a car the whole time for very little benefit.

Got it in one. And Chris, your really starting to piss me off - I don't live in a golden house with a desk made of cookies. Aside from that, I'm not going into my finances with you, and again, I think it's fucking insulting to insinuate anything to do with that as the sole reason as to come to this. I, and only I, know those numbers, and I will not be critisised on what I decide to do with it. I know that I cannot personally afford the money, time and effort in driving that far in order to attend the event - that should be enough for anyone to accept.

I don't exactly like it either - as I just said to Joe and Marshy, I want to come to this desperatly, but if this goes through, I won't be there.

Setsoru
10th May 2011, 12:34 AM
making use of the projector, since every attendee will be able to see it.

now EVERYONE can see a monkey forcing a frog to suck its cock. And we can cover it in Novint and ATK logos :D

Target
10th May 2011, 12:41 AM
Why do you see driving as a bad thing? And yes Oric we know in your Castle you don't have a cookie desk, but I heard rumors that you are the man that grows money for Barclay's. All I'm saying is that most people, in our gifted situation would not let a small amount of money stop us attending this event, I don't think personally that the driving is really a problem.

FUCKING MEEEEOW!!!!

Isphera
10th May 2011, 12:44 AM
Are you for real?

Target
10th May 2011, 12:53 AM
I'm only joking with you Oric jesus lighten up, you take it so seriously and like its a personal assault on you. Fuck its not like I raped your dog...
We will discuss this over mumble at a later date, as clearly typing it to you is read as a declaration of war

Isphera
10th May 2011, 12:59 AM
I'm only joking with you Oric jesus lighten up, you take it so seriously and like its a personal assault on you. Fuck its not like I raped your dog...
We will discuss this over mumble at a later date, as clearly typing it to you is read as a declaration of war

Problem #1 - sarcasm and banter never comes over in text :D.

Target
10th May 2011, 01:08 AM
I thought the Castle and the Barclays money growing would have...maybe a coop of bird like £notes? :D

Isphera
10th May 2011, 01:14 AM
I prefered my desk made out of cookies. Although I suspect that I wouldn't have a desk if that were the case :D

Vicious Horizon
10th May 2011, 07:44 AM
A controversial suggestion Oric;

Don't go to reading? :D

Isphera
10th May 2011, 10:45 AM
A controversial suggestion Oric;

Don't go to reading? :D

Fair point, but I think I said in the first post that the lineup on the Friday this year is so good, there is no way in hell I don't go.

Vicious Horizon
10th May 2011, 03:04 PM
It's an OK lineup I guess.

Inb4 you regret not coming to i43.

ez64
10th May 2011, 03:10 PM
Calculating it, it's about £70 over five days. Yes, the car is ecomonical, but doing that much driving won't really matter. I'm not going in-depth into comments on my personal financials (which I actually find insulting that you would use that as a reason for me coming), but whilst I am very fortunate to be in the position I am, previous expenditures (such as my bass), student living costs and savings for future ones (i.e my planned trip to Vegas), have made things like that difficult to do. Plus, aside from cost, it would also be a 4 hour round trip on thursday, basically nullifying the EAS (get there early, set-up, then drive back), a further 2 hours Friday night, getting to i43 about midnight, two hours back on the sunday, then another hour and a half on the 1st - madness!

:D try 10-20 to the gallon for work every day of the week then complain. its an I series in the summer its a must. wont have my new car by then it seems but will still travel in something lol mpg.

Target
10th May 2011, 06:32 PM
Oric, you going to Reading with anyone else?

Vicious Horizon
10th May 2011, 06:38 PM
But yeah, Oric.

You /will/ regret not coming to i43. Reading will probably be on TV, which you can then download from the internet, I know it's not the same, but it's more convenient, comfortable and much more rewarding than going to a sweaty, loud and wet gig :D

Isphera
10th May 2011, 06:59 PM
Oric, you going to Reading with anyone else?

Yes.

But yeah, Oric.

You /will/ regret not coming to i43. Reading will probably be on TV, which you can then download from the internet, I know it's not the same, but it's more convenient, comfortable and
much more rewarding than going to a sweaty, loud and wet gig :D

But it's going to sweaty, loud and wet gigs I enjoy. Yes, I enjoy playing with you guys as well, but as I said, with the line-up on the Friday being as good as it is, I'm not missing it. Would I regret it? Yes, undoubtably. But I also have to weigh in the time, effort and money it would take to do both, which, as I said, is not desirable or possible.

And the TV point is a non-starter - sure, I can watch all manner of live gigs on TV and YouTube, but nothing compares to the atomosphere of a live gig.

Vicious Horizon
10th May 2011, 07:21 PM
Sadface.

Target
10th May 2011, 07:24 PM
So your saying people (bands) you don't even know come ahead of the 20 or so people that will be at i43, at least 10 of which you spend a lot of time with gaming and talking to....these bands will be around for ages, where as its not likely that we will all keeping going to i-series year after year...I R DISAPPOINT

Isphera
10th May 2011, 07:33 PM
Joking or not, as far as I see it, and as you should know, attempting to pursuade me in changing my mind or guilting me into it just doesn't work. Best thing to do - hope that they don't shift it.

Colonel Mitch
10th May 2011, 08:21 PM
Yes.

But it's going to sweaty, loud and wet gigs I enjoy. Yes, I enjoy playing with you guys as well, but as I said, with the line-up on the Friday being as good as it is, I'm not missing it. Would I regret it? Yes, undoubtably. But I also have to weigh in the time, effort and money it would take to do both, which, as I said, is not desirable or possible.

And the TV point is a non-starter - sure, I can watch all manner of live gigs on TV and YouTube, but nothing compares to the atomosphere of a live gig.

Out of interest oric, who is playing you want to see, and what time does the last band you want to see finish?

Vicious Horizon
10th May 2011, 08:25 PM
Is it you driving that's the issue, or the actual time spent travelling?

Target
10th May 2011, 10:34 PM
LoL lets just kidnap Oric and his pc :D

Target
10th May 2011, 11:16 PM
Well it looks like its going to Telford and is going to be massive, most people on Tek9 have seen this a good thing, the event that Stoneleigh should have been, tbh I think stoneleigh was really good just because everyone was in the same hall. And everyone thinks that having it at a more central location is a great thing. Personally I can't wait :D

Isphera
11th May 2011, 12:02 AM
Out of interest oric, who is playing you want to see, and what time does the last band you want to see finish?

The whole of the main stage essentially. Ends about 11ish. And to answer the inevitable next question. It's not the getting there at 1am I object to, it's the sheer effort and time of spending four hours driving back from there and then back just for two days - one of which I'll be completely whacked from the day before anyway, as well as wasting EAS (which would essentially be turn up, set up, go back home)

Is it you driving that's the issue, or the actual time spent travelling?

Actual time, money and effort spent over the weekend, plus the need to actually have some spare money to set up bills at house on Sept. 1st.

Well it looks like its going to Telford and is going to be massive, most people on Tek9 have seen this a good thing, the event that Stoneleigh should have been, tbh I think stoneleigh was really good just because everyone was in the same hall. And everyone thinks that having it at a more central location is a great thing. Personally I can't wait :D

Whilst in absence of this Reading situation, I would normally be in favour of it, isn't Telford a massive room as well? In fairness, I think there is enough of us to possibly get a box or go into one of these smaller areas, with only say 100 people in. One of the main reasons I disliked stoneleigh was that everyone was in a huge room. Whilst not a dealbreaker on this, I believe it ruined the social aspect that smaller areas such as the ones in Newbury had.

EDIT - @Mitch, full list is:

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE
THIRTY SECONDS TO MARS (Rumoured to be calling it quits afterwards)
THE OFFSPRING
DEFTONES
RISE AGAINST
BRING ME THE HORIZON
NEW FOUND GLORY
THE BLACKOUT
ARCHITECTS
SUB FOCUS (LIVE)

EDIT2 - @Mitch again - If there was any doubt in me coming anyway, if it does move to Telford, me coming to Newcastle is pretty much set in stone.

Target
11th May 2011, 04:45 PM
I can only agree that at times it was a bit loud at Stoneleigh but generally it was good, although I do like the social aspect of Newbury, but if we don't try we won't know, it could be brilliant

Isphera
12th May 2011, 10:28 AM
I can only agree that at times it was a bit loud at Stoneleigh but generally it was good, although I do like the social aspect of Newbury, but if we don't try we won't know, it could be brilliant

Turns out there is a scenario where everyone's happy, thanks to Mitch pointing out that me going to EAS for half an hour was essentially pointless and optional.

So, if it does change to Telford, I will actually turn up, just not until Saturday - yes, I miss all the EAS banter and the first day, but I get to make my own entrance, and I'll be there pretty early anyway, so I won't miss out too much else. Only thing I may miss is if the SC2 tournament starts on Friday, but tbf, that was just for the banter anyway :S

Joe
12th May 2011, 02:12 PM
Turns out there is a scenario where everyone's happy, thanks to Mitch pointing out that me going to EAS for half an hour was essentially pointless and optional.

So, if it does change to Telford, I will actually turn up, just not until Saturday - yes, I miss all the EAS banter and the first day, but I get to make my own entrance, and I'll be there pretty early anyway, so I won't miss out too much else. Only thing I may miss is if the SC2 tournament starts on Friday, but tbf, that was just for the banter anyway :S

that's more like it :D

ez64
12th May 2011, 02:53 PM
http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/2011/lineup/

awesome lineup should clearly just go to that instead.

Isphera
12th May 2011, 03:22 PM

I am - albeit for some of the time, as I have exams that weekend as well. And Sonisphere.

Hutch
12th May 2011, 03:23 PM

Sonisphere lineup is better this year, METALLICA!!!!!! So I'm going there.
But I would like to see System and Rob Zombie too.

Target
12th May 2011, 03:59 PM
Yay Oric, well done mitch... although you miss the first couple of days, you get to meet the zombiefied atk on saturday :D

Just been on the multiplay website looking at the extra info shiz, there sooo much to do, looks sweet...anyone for bowling???

ez64
12th May 2011, 05:42 PM
Sonisphere lineup is better this year, METALLICA!!!!!! So I'm going there.
But I would like to see System and Rob Zombie too.

Was going as well but all my friends decided to go rock royalty, ive got better things to spend #380 on other than the ticket itself :D

Would be nice to see thin lizzy live as well, I know they are not thin lizzy without phil lynott but im never going to get the chance to see that.

katakuna
12th May 2011, 09:10 PM
yeah its been confirmed now, i43 is @ telford (not that it was really obvious anyway)

Hutch
13th May 2011, 02:12 AM
Was going as well but all my friends decided to go rock royalty, ive got better things to spend #380 on other than the ticket itself :D

Would be nice to see thin lizzy live as well, I know they are not thin lizzy without phil lynott but im never going to get the chance to see that.

I don't understand people who buy vip packages, its paying for some minor extra privileges including a pre set up tent. My friend and I going have got guest passes for the bar there anyway. I doubt we'll use them unless we get mega bored on thursday

ez64
13th May 2011, 07:57 AM
I don't understand people who buy vip packages, its paying for some minor extra privileges including a pre set up tent. My friend and I going have got guest passes for the bar there anyway. I doubt we'll use them unless we get mega bored on thursday

its more the separate area and bar they wanted but its still silly money for what you get.

Isphera
18th May 2011, 02:25 PM
its more the separate area and bar they wanted but its still silly money for what you get.

I think they're target at older festval goers who have a bit more money to spend on things like this and get away from the hub-bub of the main bars.

Hutch
18th May 2011, 08:04 PM
So those people are therefore grouchy old men? :P Any kind of class system on anything like transport or festivals where only money gets you more is bad, trains especially. Man when the revolution comes, no more goddamn first class train carriages, piss me right off. And VIP in clubs.... most pointless ineffectual thing ever. Be a common man!

Calneon
18th May 2011, 09:21 PM
So those people are therefore grouchy old men? :P Any kind of class system on anything like transport or festivals where only money gets you more is bad, trains especially. Man when the revolution comes, no more goddamn first class train carriages, piss me right off. And VIP in clubs.... most pointless ineffectual thing ever. Be a common man!
What? If somebody pays more money they should get a better product, it's the same for everything. It's win:win, rich people get a better experience because they can afford it, and the seller gets more revenue because they can charge different prices for different people. Nowhere does the poor guy lose.

Hutch
18th May 2011, 10:27 PM
What? If somebody pays more money they should get a better product, it's the same for everything. It's win:win, rich people get a better experience because they can afford it, and the seller gets more revenue because they can charge different prices for different people. Nowhere does the poor guy lose.

What about the over crowding of standard class carriages on trains, while the first class carriages remain empty? The people paying less are penalised by not paying more as they do not get the full service they have paid for Ie a seat. Also with Festival or concert tickets, if tickets are reserved for a higher price range, that limits the amount of people who can pay the lowest rate, forcing some people to buy more expensive tickets if their price bracket is more expensive or to go without. Why not just equalise the quality of the product or have a ballot to decide who gets what? If there is a high demand for the lower price range why should a few rich people be allowed to enjoy a service more just because of their wealth when more people could enjoy it?
By saying "Money = better standard" you effectively deny people access based on their wealth, which is classist behaviour.

However: As people have earned their money they have the right to spend it as they please, and some things do have a higher value cost, which means they should have a higher price. But should someone pay more money for medicine that works better, offering a better life to a rich person?
And with regards to a better product...... does it always equal one?

The poor man does lose.

Chazlene
18th May 2011, 10:45 PM
What about the over crowding of standard class carriages on trains, while the first class carriages remain empty? The people paying less are penalised by not paying more as they do not get the full service they have paid for Ie a seat. Also with Festival or concert tickets, if tickets are reserved for a higher price range, that limits the amount of people who can pay the lowest rate, forcing some people to buy more expensive tickets if their price bracket is more expensive or to go without. Why not just equalise the quality of the product or have a ballot to decide who gets what? If there is a high demand for the lower price range why should a few rich people be allowed to enjoy a service more just because of their wealth when more people could enjoy it?
By saying "Money = better standard" you effectively deny people access based on their wealth, which is classist behaviour.

However: As people have earned their money they have the right to spend it as they please, and some things do have a higher value cost, which means they should have a higher price. But should someone pay more money for medicine that works better, offering a better life to a rich person?
And with regards to a better product...... does it always equal one?

The poor man does lose.

I agree with most of that and so do the people who decide on these sort of things probably, but they're still implemented in order to make money... so getting rid of them is probably just not pratical since in many cases they're needed just for the organisers/clubs or whatever to stay afloat.

Calneon
19th May 2011, 12:24 AM

That's the basis our whole society works on, if that wasn't the case it would be communism.

Hutch
19th May 2011, 01:50 AM
That's the basis our whole society works on, if that wasn't the case it would be communism.

No, it's not communism, providing access to people is a socialist idea, you can't just tar every idea with a red communism brush to make it seem bad. I'm not suggesting redistributing wealth or setting up a state or everyone owning the means of production or free access to anything. Learn the difference.

Colonel Mitch
19th May 2011, 04:04 AM
Lol Hutch - Y U SO MAD???

Calneon
19th May 2011, 04:46 AM
Lol Hutch - Y U SO MAD???
Something about Jeezus. :P

Hutch
19th May 2011, 05:05 AM
Something about Jeezus. :P

Yeah he's right, some christian academic theologian, with his arguments to prove the existence of an afterlife have made me hate religion somewhat.

VoX
19th May 2011, 10:21 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this thread supposed to be about the move to Telford? Instead I just see nerd rage probably down to not being able to afford those higher luxuries...

Colonel Mitch
19th May 2011, 12:07 PM
http://www.kaitaia.com/funny/pictures/ThreadHijack/thread_direction.gif

Target
20th May 2011, 01:28 AM
I partly agree, you see this with big sporting events now where true fans that follow teams week in week out can;t afford to go to finals as the ticket prices are just too high. But if you have the more money you get better shit, just a fact of life.
And pro tip if your on the train and first class is empty just go sit in there, usually the ticket people don't bother moving you if its empty

CILLIT BANG
20th May 2011, 05:19 PM
so i read 1 or 2 posts as im lazy and yeh looks like Oric hasnt learnt that reading is shit .... and people havnt learnt that its gna be a sweat fest get your ass's down/up too the venue will be pro all will have fun and we will all loose weight through sweating massive amounts .... and challex everything wont die or expload the people their are nice enough to respect your property unless their polish and throw drink on your keyboard

CILLIT BANG
20th May 2011, 05:19 PM
think thats my longest post evarrrr

VoX
23rd May 2011, 02:25 PM
After the very exciting announcement last week that the home of the i-Series was moving north to the International Centre at Telford ("http://iseries.multiplay.co.uk/i43/event-info/venue/), we sent Shed & the content crew up to the new venue to give you a tour of everything that our new home has to offer!

With 11,600 square metres of space, two massive gaming halls, a separate exhibition & live finals arena, luxury clan-boxes and fantastic accommodation options, the new home of the Insomnia Gaming festival has so much to offer!

With the expansion to 3000 players, and the extension of our awesome 20% off Early Bird promotion, this really is a great time to get involved in the biggest lan in the UK!

Head on over to our Tickets Page (http://iseries.multiplay.co.uk/i43/tickets) for more information on tickets, and secure your seat!

Also, don't forget to check out our Flickr Photo Collection (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mpuk/sets/72157626782330290/) for more images of the new venue.

Huge thanks to Phatass, WhiteKnight & DaveP for giving their time & effort to make this video possible!

http://forums.multiplay.co.uk/insomnia43/82476-international-centre-venue-introduction

Click the link to see video.

Hutch
24th May 2011, 11:43 AM
Can someone please do some filming at i43 and then release it as the official ATK i43 video before Chalex can....

Colonel Mitch
24th May 2011, 06:09 PM
Can someone please do some filming at i43 and then release it as the official ATK i43 video before Chalex can....

I already asked if chalex or someone with a proper camera can film stuff and I'll make a video out of it.

Chalex said yes but im suspicious he will not agree at the time.

Target
24th May 2011, 07:26 PM
He will steal the films and take them away...far..far...away!