PDA

View Full Version : i43 Shirt Interest?

Isphera
15th May 2011, 03:23 PM
Just a thread to check who would be interested in either getting a new shipment of ATK shirts brought in (Chalex?) and/or who would be interested in possibly getting a simpler design for a cheaper price. I've looked into a couple companies.

Do we also know what our sponsorship situation is? Are we still actively partnered with Novint and is it possible to contact INX gaming to possibly subsidise T-Shirts in exchange for their logo. We had 20 peeps last time, likely a similar amount this time, chances are we can give them some exposure. As with shirts, I have a preliminary longlist of companies to apporach.

Vicious Horizon
15th May 2011, 03:38 PM
I'm up for shirts, won't be wearing last years :D

Setsoru
15th May 2011, 03:59 PM
same im up for it too :)

VoX
15th May 2011, 04:13 PM
Am up for it, preferably longer sleeves this time too :P

Colonel Mitch
15th May 2011, 04:40 PM
Yeah I'd get a new shirt :)

Target
15th May 2011, 05:50 PM
Can we get them made of the awesome material the asus shirts at i31 where made in (fred knows), possibly up for this depending on price and colour/design

VoX
15th May 2011, 06:15 PM
Can we get them made of the awesome material the asus shirts at i31 where made in (fred knows), possibly up for this depending on price and colour/design

That the same material the Zotac/Alienbags one is? Kinda like a football shirt material.

Chalex4
15th May 2011, 06:25 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean Target. Doesn't a football "activewear" style shirt seem a bit too keen though? Considering those tops are meant for sport and sweating and we're just going to be sat being nerdy at our PCs...hopefully not sweating.

What do other people think regarding this? I agree with a slightly longer sleeve design.

In terms of sponsors, that's totally up in the air right now. Thanks for making this post though, you've made me think about it. Printing will probably still be done at the usual place, as they now give us decent discounts for going back every year and deliver it to my door. I've also never had them make a mistake, which other printers do a lot (I deal with a crap company at uni). Having said all that, we can certainly look at others but no promises.

VoX
15th May 2011, 06:46 PM
It can get pretty hot in the halls (unless they have aircon at the new place that is) but either way the material should be pretty light, bear in mind it will probs be put over another shirt to stop the ATK one stinking from being worn all weekend.

Vicious Horizon
15th May 2011, 06:49 PM
Marshy and Oric have been having an idea, although Oric is looking at the post now, so he's probably writing out a 15 paragraph essay on it, I would hate to Ninja him x3

Isphera
15th May 2011, 07:04 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean Target. Doesn't a football "activewear" style shirt seem a bit too keen though? Considering those tops are meant for sport and sweating and we're just going to be sat being nerdy at our PCs...hopefully not sweating.

What do other people think regarding this? I agree with a slightly longer sleeve design.

In terms of sponsors, that's totally up in the air right now. Thanks for making this post though, you've made me think about it. Printing will probably still be done at the usual place, as they now give us decent discounts for going back every year and deliver it to my door. I've also never had them make a mistake, which other printers do a lot (I deal with a crap company at uni). Having said all that, we can certainly look at others but no promises.

Agree on the first point, but longer sleeves would be good from what I saw. I'd stick with the same company since they have such a good track record and have got discounts.

On sponsors, one of my first ports of call would have been INX. I'd say to them that we had 20 people go last time, all of whom wore one of the shirts, and we have prime exposure for them on the back. I'd then say that for a small subsidy per shirt, we put them as the sponsor on the back. That way, the sponsor is filled out, they get the exposure and we get a slightly cheaper price for the t-shirts, a point that was key the last time round. With 20 people though, we have some real bargaining power at this target market, esp. with some of us entering big tournaments that could get some real nice viewing.

Myself and Marshy were thinking of doing shirts for the SC2 tourney people, but I'll sort that seperatly.

Vicious Horizon
15th May 2011, 07:22 PM
I said it would be cool for us SC2 players entering the tourney to get ATK shirts, but with our Race logos somewhere on the shirt? (extension of Oric's last line)

Paper Tiger
15th May 2011, 07:42 PM
Just to add, I'd be interested in getting a new one. The designs and quality of the last lot from i40 were really good and the design was epic. However, the name on mine has started to come off a wee bit, but that's probably where I've actually worn it again (all over the place, college, work, down the pub!)

Subsidized would be awesome, but I'm not too fussed either way! XD

Target
15th May 2011, 08:32 PM
Can we have another colour change aswell? Also the its not really footy shirt material, just similar with lots of tiny holes in, they were epic...and its not that k33n we have people entering the SC2 tourny so gg...and I might be playing CoD4 if I can get into my mates team who need a 5th

And they look awesome...people will fear us!!!! (except Marshy, no one will fear him)

katakuna
16th May 2011, 12:04 AM
I'm totally in for that.

Kiliv
16th May 2011, 03:33 PM
It can get pretty hot in the halls (unless they have aircon at the new place that is) but either way the material should be pretty light, bear in mind it will probs be put over another shirt to stop the ATK one stinking from being worn all weekend.

i totaly agree, ive asked wizzo about this last night, he says there is pretty powerful AC in there, but then you have to think about how many people and gaming pc's are there. i think this will be the biggest stress to the ac system they have ever had >.< im totally for this type of material as it feels nicer imo too as well as it being less likely to make us sweat, unless it costs a massive amount more.

Plus i need a new shirt anyway, mine got trashed at stratlan xmas party :L

Joe
16th May 2011, 04:01 PM
Sounds good and yeah vicious protoss tops ftw (:

Isphera
18th May 2011, 02:24 PM
Sounds good and yeah vicious protoss tops ftw (:

Not sure what we will do with these - might send a seperate design to the same company we use for this and see what happens.