PDA

View Full Version : Revamping the Logo

Chazlene
23rd May 2011, 11:54 AM
I know how much you guys like the logo the way it is, but unfortunately it's going to need some changes. Chalex and I think it is too realistic, and instead should be more stylised, also it is too detailed, meaning it doesn't look brilliant when shrunk down, even in its silhouette form.

This is what I've made so far, the idea with this one being that it appears to be carved out of a square, so yeah just need your opinions:

http://www.atkcommunity.com/gallery/images/3/1_abstract_logo_2.png

Target
23rd May 2011, 12:00 PM
dislike, not that I really like the ATK logo in general, can we make it a bit less cartoon and more realistic?
Like http://www.angelsghosts.com/images/angel_wings_pictures_62009o.jpg

Chazlene
23rd May 2011, 12:01 PM
dislike, not that I really like the ATK logo in general, can we make it a bit less cartoon and more realistic?
Like http://www.angelsghosts.com/images/angel_wings_pictures_62009o.jpg

Why do you think making it more realistic would be a good idea...?

Vicious Horizon
23rd May 2011, 12:16 PM
I think the wings come down too far, it all looks very square, maybe cut the bottom quarter off from the Wings, see how that looks?

Isphera
23rd May 2011, 12:34 PM
Dislike the new idea as well - I love the curent logo. If you did wanna move to a cartoony logo though, update the skull image and use that.

Either way - this one looks terribad.

Calneon
23rd May 2011, 12:36 PM
Keep the bullet the same, but simplify the wings so it looks better when reduced in size. There's nothing wrong with the current bullet.

Colonel Mitch
23rd May 2011, 12:42 PM
No offense chazle - but that does look awful :P

Target
23rd May 2011, 12:47 PM
I don't know just think that one looks very childish and just awful the current logo is better, no offence to you chaz :D

Chazlene
23rd May 2011, 12:49 PM
Lol damn you Chalex for giving me false hope with this logo.

Kiliv
23rd May 2011, 07:12 PM
i must agree with the others your original is much better :) imo

Paper Tiger
24th May 2011, 12:34 AM
As everyone else has already stated, this one is a no-no! The current one is far nicer! I can't really think of many ways to improve the designs, current or proposed.

Hutch
24th May 2011, 12:36 AM
Nyan cat should be our new logo if we HAVE to change it.

Paper Tiger
24th May 2011, 12:38 AM

Just no.

Isphera
24th May 2011, 10:20 AM
Just no.

What do you mean no - that'd be awesome.

Hutch
24th May 2011, 11:45 AM
Aim to kill is a bit of a faggy name anyway. We've had a history of bad names. BRS, C2G etc... Nyannyannyan.nyet would be a be a far better title.

Vicious Horizon
24th May 2011, 11:51 AM
AETERNUS.com - Home of Aeternus Pax

Hutch
24th May 2011, 11:53 AM
AETERNUS.com - Home of Aeternus Pax

Aeternus is also faggy as it's fakey latin, which I can't abide by.

Yes it is an adjective, but Aeternus Pax doesn't make grammatical sense.

EDIT: To explain, Aeternus has a masculine adjective ending, Pax is a feminine noun.
Also Pax is not a great word to describe a group which plays games about killing things

Kiliv
24th May 2011, 10:17 PM

lol xD i think one set of ppl i game with under this name is enough xD

shame tho xD

Vicious Horizon
24th May 2011, 10:37 PM
lol xD i think one set of ppl i game with under this name is enough xD

shame tho xD

Raptor Likes This

Chalex4
25th May 2011, 01:14 AM
Haven't got time now to do a proper post about this, but the main aim was to make something that looks better small. When have you ever seen a logo that's so detailed? It makes it unusuable.

Because of this, the new logo would be used in completely new ways. It's not really a matter of comparing the two logos and seeing which one looks nicer. Obviously the current one looks shinier to look at, but as LOGO, it doesn't serve its purpose that well.

As soon as the summer hits, ATK will undergo another big redesign. I don't like redoing logos etc every year, but I think we're making improvements. This is a learning experience for us, after all.

Either way, Chaz and I haven't done a great job of presenting this all to you properly yet. We want something a little more unique, simple to work with, so if you actually have any input into how we could do this by adapting the current one, let us know!

Isphera
25th May 2011, 06:46 AM
I say we just use my six pointed star, or an edited one :D (Note, take out the five pointed flower)

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/340/7/2/unicursal_hexagram_by_CursedLily.png

Target
25th May 2011, 04:17 PM
that made me sick....

Chazlene
1st June 2011, 11:33 AM
Yeah I know the black and white versions look like balls:

http://www.atkcommunity.com/gallery/images/3/1_logo_development.png

Target
1st June 2011, 12:46 PM
like flying penis all over the logo

Vicious Horizon
1st June 2011, 01:10 PM
I like it :)

Isphera
1st June 2011, 05:37 PM
like flying penis all over the logo.

Chalex4
6th June 2011, 09:01 PM
I actually liked it, until I saw the penis comments :p. Try removing the separation between the shell and bullet, like it is in the current logo.

Hutch
6th June 2011, 09:04 PM
I actually liked it, until I saw the penis comments :p. Try removing the separation between the shell and bullet, like it is in the current logo.

Should read

I like penis.

Chalex4
17th June 2011, 04:07 PM
Is anything happening with this?

Chazlene
17th June 2011, 04:56 PM
Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-changes:

http://www.atkcommunity.com/gallery/images/3/1_logodev.png

Target
17th June 2011, 05:26 PM
still looks like a helm

Isphera
17th June 2011, 05:29 PM
Is anything happening with this?

Same could be said for the i40 video.....

And agree with Chris, it does still look like a flying dong.

Calneon
17th June 2011, 05:29 PM
I quite like that, maybe put the texture on the bullet like the one we have atm?

Chalex4
17th June 2011, 06:23 PM
I like it, but I think we're never going to find one that looks only like a bullet. For example:

http://robsingleton.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/bullet-banner-small.jpg

There are some other shapes, but then we start getting into lipstick territory.

Chazlene
17th June 2011, 06:45 PM
Mine's the shape of the one of the far right, but the size of the .22 round on the far left.

Vicious Horizon
17th June 2011, 06:55 PM
Can't decide between a hollowpoint or the armour piercing which everyone now associates as a bullet, the standard round tip round just does look like a fat cock to be honest.

Maybe replace the round which was in the previous picture you posted with the 50 cal round?

Could go all Argentinian on us and put the shark face on the round itself, which could either look cool or utterly shocking.

Chazlene
4th August 2011, 01:15 PM
Since several people have said they still prefer the current logo, I quickly bashed out this more stylised version of it:

http://www.atkcommunity.com/gallery/images/3/1_updated_logo.png

Thoughts? Been experimenting with how it will fit into the header and this version is definitely easier to work with and not as awkward as other versions of the logo.

Isphera
4th August 2011, 01:20 PM
Looks alright I guess. The wings should still come to a sharp point rather than a cutoff IMHO, and only have the four branches, the bottom one looks a bit awkward.

Chazlene
4th August 2011, 02:57 PM
http://www.atkcommunity.com/gallery/images/3/1_updated_logo2.png

Better?

VoX
4th August 2011, 04:23 PM
Prefer it with the bottom one if I'm honest...

Chazlene
4th August 2011, 04:44 PM
Prefer it with the bottom one if I'm honest...

You mean you prefer it with the 5th branch at the bottom?

VoX
4th August 2011, 05:14 PM
Yeah

Setsoru
4th August 2011, 05:41 PM
i prefer the 5 wings too,

have you thought about doing a far simpler logo? as in 1 colour or 2-tone? i can have a mess about tonight, see what i come up with, I think part of the problem is, that logo, and the previous ones have been too complicated and difficult to use. I always think less is more :/ just my opinion though.

Vicious Horizon
4th August 2011, 05:50 PM
I like the 5 wings as well

Chazlene
4th August 2011, 07:05 PM
i prefer the 5 wings too,

have you thought about doing a far simpler logo? as in 1 colour or 2-tone? i can have a mess about tonight, see what i come up with, I think part of the problem is, that logo, and the previous ones have been too complicated and difficult to use. I always think less is more :/ just my opinion though.

Yeah well that's the idea with this one, making it simpler and more stylised. Remember though that there will be different versions of the logo varying in detail, the most detailed one being used in the header, then the simpler versions used as icons and on the t-shirt.

Colonel Mitch
4th August 2011, 08:13 PM
I still prefer the one at the top of the site :P

Isphera
5th August 2011, 10:02 AM
http://www.atkcommunity.com/gallery/images/3/1_updated_logo2.png

Better?

IMHO, I prefer the four branch, but who am I to speak against a majority :D. But try the branches so they go to a point rather than a cutoff.

Hutch
5th August 2011, 10:22 AM
CHANGE!!! I HATE CHANGE! BECAUSE CHANGE IS NEVER GOOD AND I AM SET IN MY WAYS! I REMEMBER WHEN BEFORE WE HAD LOGO CHANGES PEOPLE COULD LEAVE THEIR FRONT DOORS UNLOCKED! AND THE ECONOMY WAS BETTER! CHANGE IS BAD!

Isphera
5th August 2011, 10:24 AM
CHANGE!!! I HATE CHANGE!

Why'd you grow that beard of yours then :p

Hutch
5th August 2011, 10:26 AM
I was trying to be sarcastic

Chazlene
5th August 2011, 10:30 AM
But try the branches so they go to a point rather than a cutoff.

Sorry but I don't like having the branches pointed, having them cutoff makes the logo more 'rounded' if you like so it's easier to use, and it does make the logo look too detailed if they're pointed.

Kiliv
5th August 2011, 10:31 AM
Meh its all very nice but there one that's currently used looks a lot nicer imo i don't know what it is about the new ones but there is just something about them that i personally don't like :3

Isphera
5th August 2011, 11:05 AM
Sorry but I don't like having the branches pointed, having them cutoff makes the logo more 'rounded' if you like so it's easier to use, and it does make the logo look too detailed if they're pointed.

Can we at least see what it looks like?

Meh its all very nice but there one that's currently used looks a lot nicer imo i don't know what it is about the new ones but there is just something about them that i personally don't like :3

Ki, we've already said that whilst the more detailed one is for stuff like headers and ads, it's too complex to put onto shirts and the like, so this is why we are simplifying it down. AFAIK, it won't be replacing it.

Target
5th August 2011, 04:02 PM
Can we just change it totally, like not have a bullet something else, go back to the skull maybe just make a bit more realistic or summet :D

Kiliv
5th August 2011, 05:57 PM
Can we at least see what it looks like?

Ki, we've already said that whilst the more detailed one is for stuff like headers and ads, it's too complex to put onto shirts and the like, so this is why we are simplifying it down. AFAIK, it won't be replacing it.

yes Oric i can read.... :P i was voicing saying my opinion on the matter, and the old logo looked fine on the shirts last year so i don't really see the problem but that's just me.