PDA

View Full Version : hello

redbear
26th May 2011, 07:24 PM
hello to ATK ... im new here and curious who are the admins and how would one go about posting information about one of your clan mates being a scammer ?? i didnt see a specific thread for that ...

cheers

VoX
26th May 2011, 07:33 PM
Welcome :)

Well I might be able to assist in the issue, although none of our members really sell items whilst being associated with the community. Drop me a PM if you so wish.

Isphera
26th May 2011, 07:34 PM
Likewise, feel free to drop me a PM to help resolve this, or post in the thread.

Target
26th May 2011, 07:53 PM
What scam? Game?

Vicious Horizon
26th May 2011, 08:04 PM
I think we have an idea of what this may be about, can you give us any more details? :)

- VH

redbear
26th May 2011, 09:44 PM
Welcome :)

Well I might be able to assist in the issue, although none of our members really sell items whilst being associated with the community. Drop me a PM if you so wish.

that i can understand. my thought is that Toasty-Sloth had the ATK clan tag on, which represents this clan, which is why i bring it here.

i was looking for Trackmania Star Edition. Toasty PMs me saying he would do it for Bills plus 3 ref.... i, like a dumass, went first. i checked his ID out on SourceRep and he was clean ... so i went first.
screenshot of chat and his bp with my Bills in it ...

http://rwittschen.com/dump/files/tastyslothscam.jpg

chat log:

Never tell your password to anyone.
Toasty-Sloth |ATK|: hye
« Redbear »: hey
Toasty-Sloth |ATK|: first thing's first
Toasty-Sloth |ATK|: who would be going first?
Toasty-Sloth |ATK|: i mean considering im trading real money...
« Redbear »: i understand ...
Toasty-Sloth |ATK|: ive traded terraria before to someone
Toasty-Sloth |ATK|: and he went first
Toasty-Sloth |ATK|: and it went smoothly
« Redbear »: i checked you out and appear to be clean...
« Redbear »: so i can go first
Toasty-Sloth |ATK|: im perfectly ok with you not trusting me :)
Toasty-Sloth |ATK|: oh fantastic :)
« Redbear »: besides Bills ... what are you looking for ??
Toasty-Sloth |ATK|: well
Toasty-Sloth |ATK|: id like some metal
« Redbear »: 3 ref sound good ?
Toasty-Sloth |ATK|: yeah that sounds excellent :)
« Redbear »: ok....
« Redbear »: do you have trackmania already or do you need to buy it ??
Toasty-Sloth |ATK|: i need to buy it first
« Redbear »: ok
Toasty-Sloth |ATK|: i want things to go smoothly and everything then ill get it?
Toasty-Sloth |ATK|: :)
« Redbear »: jump in game and ill trade you bills + 3 ref now so we can get this show on the road
Toasty-Sloth |ATK|: aweosme sauce
Toasty-Sloth |ATK|: right
Toasty-Sloth |ATK|: noooww...
Toasty-Sloth |ATK|: okk
Toasty-Sloth |ATK|: and sent
Toasty-Sloth |ATK|: enjoy :)
Toasty-Sloth |ATK|: se you later!
« Redbear »: how long does it take to get here ??
« Redbear »: uhm...
« Redbear »: does it usually take this long ??
« Redbear »: hello ??
« Redbear »: hello??

i traded him right after i typed up 'jump in game' ....

after about 30min of typing "hey" in chat, he finally comes back online asking me why i am flipping out over 5 quid and then deletes me from his friends list.

sourcerep id :
http://www.steamrep.com/index.php?id=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fid% 2FToasty_Sloth%2F

steam id :
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198024085166

i know im a dumbass for not using a middleman but i hope to stop anyone else from getting scammed by this guy. i have already submitted this info to both UHC and SourceOp in the hopes that he is limited in his trading scams now.

Colonel Mitch
26th May 2011, 10:06 PM
I don't know Toasty that well, but i wouldn't have thought he would do that, im sure either VOX, ORIX, CALNEON or CHALEX4 will try and find out exactly whats happed and take appropriate action.

On another note, Welcome to ATK, its a shame you've found us due to something like this but hopefully you'll stick around :)

Vicious Horizon
26th May 2011, 10:17 PM
From the little I know of toasty, this doesn't seem like the kind of thing he'd do, I'm sure some of his closer friends will look into this. As something to do, you could ask some support on steam about this, it looks like you have enough evidence to make a case.

Hutch
26th May 2011, 10:26 PM
Ha, looked up sNk on that when checking out my own steam rep.... He's had a VAC ban lulz.

VoX
26th May 2011, 10:53 PM
Doesn't sound like something he would do, if I catch him around school I'll ask him for you, if not shall grab him on Steam :).

Will get back to you hopefully tomorrow night sometime although I'm kinda busy atm.

Target
26th May 2011, 11:00 PM
Ha, looked up sNk on that when checking out my own steam rep.... He's had a VAC ban lulz.

Nice one Hutch, glad to see you did something really productive with your time.......

Toasty-Sloth
26th May 2011, 11:52 PM
Redbear....i have truly had enough of you now.

I have a team captain. Just take the team captain and leave me alone. I lost money from this and yet you still continue to badger me?

I'm not a scammer, i never have been a scammer. Just take the team captain so you can stop this incessant false rampage against me.

Vicious Horizon
26th May 2011, 11:57 PM
*Grabs popcorn*

Toasty-Sloth
26th May 2011, 11:58 PM
He wont leave me alone?!!?!?

Christ I'll just trade him my most valuable hat just to get him off my back...

Isphera
27th May 2011, 12:35 AM
Wait, is this about TF2 hats. Wow, really?

Toasty-Sloth
27th May 2011, 12:42 AM
Wait, is this about TF2 hats. Wow, really?

My thoughts exactly...

Vicious Horizon
27th May 2011, 12:45 AM
Wait, this was in tf2? There's a foolproof trading system, have you ever been as far as decided as to?

Isphera
27th May 2011, 01:20 AM
My thoughts exactly...

No no, i'm laughing at both of you. Your bickering over vanity hats, something that doesn't affect the game in any way. Stop fucking around and play the damn game ffs.

redbear
27th May 2011, 02:43 AM
Redbear....i have truly had enough of you now.

I have a team captain. Just take the team captain and leave me alone. I lost money from this and yet you still continue to badger me?

I'm not a scammer, i never have been a scammer. Just take the team captain so you can stop this incessant false rampage against me.

you have my steam id in the pm on the steam forums. add me tomorrow and when we trade, ill erase my statements ...

Calneon
27th May 2011, 03:07 AM
No no, i'm laughing at both of you. Your bickering over vanity hats, something that doesn't affect the game in any way. Stop fucking around and play the damn game ffs.
People trade them for money and games.

i was looking for Trackmania Star Edition. Toasty PMs me saying he would do it for Bills plus 3 ref

This means that the agreed trade was for Toasty-Sloth to gift redbear a copy of Trackmani Star Edtion, in exchange for redbear's Bill's Hat (a L4D2 pre-order hat), and 3 refined metals (which you can use to craft other hats and weapons). Redbear is accusing Toasty-Sloth of not sending the game on Steam after giving him the hat and metal.

Isphera
27th May 2011, 09:56 AM
People trade them for money and games.

I understand what it is, but this is ridiculous. Why trade something that makes absolutely no difference in game for a game or money? Madness.

Chazlene
27th May 2011, 10:19 AM
What has gaming become...

Hutch
27th May 2011, 11:16 AM
If Toasty promised to give what he was requested to give by a player following a trade he should have the decency to have followed through with it.
However as this new guy was trusting someone over the internet with paying in this odd manner, I'd say that this was foolish.

This new guy doesn't have trackmania on his steam account. Though if Toasty could explain his side, that'd be great.

*grabs more popcorn*

Calneon
27th May 2011, 11:34 AM
Indeed, we need Toasty to explain his side.

Vicious Horizon
27th May 2011, 11:54 AM
Although we're not the internet Policía, and to be honest, we have nothing to do with this other than our tag being used, I too would like to hear the other side of this story, maybe it will be good enough to tell my grand-children one day.

Toasty-Sloth
27th May 2011, 03:27 PM
As far as i'm aware i sent this redbear his game and everything was dandy. I then noticed this person saying i was a scammer which obviously took me by surprise so i re-added him admittedly angry asking him why on earth he is flipping out because as far as i was aware i sent him the game. I cant really remember the conversation but i was arguing at him telling him that i'd sent him the game and that he basically made my name dirt (in terms of trading) over a fiver. That's what i said i didn't go there telling him i was annoyed about how he stressed over me "scamming him", i was saying that he has wrecked any chance of me getting a trade thats what i was annoyed about.

Anyway i was pissed off so i deleted him and went about my daily business. I thought it was weird he was still saying about the game so i went to check my steam gifts and it wasn't there. Well i panicked at this point and re added him to see what on earth was going on. I think it's safe to assume i didn't have enough money in my bank account when i went to make the transaction but i didn't notice that. I guess that's another mistake of mine but i don't have any proof for that either.

In the end it comes down to whether or not you trust me as a person. I didn't do it and I'm giving the hat back so nobody has lost anything (i havent lost money he hasn't lost his hat).

This isn't my fault entirely had he simply come and talked to me about the situation i would have gladly given the hat back.

Calneon
27th May 2011, 03:33 PM
As far as i'm aware i sent this redbear his game and everything was dandy. I then noticed this person saying i was a scammer which obviously took me by surprise so i re-added him admittedly angry asking him why on earth he is flipping out because as far as i was aware i sent him the game. I cant really remember the conversation but i was arguing at him telling him that i'd sent him the game and that he basically made my name dirt (in terms of trading) over a fiver. That's what i said i didn't go there telling him i was annoyed about how he stressed over me "scamming him", i was saying that he has wrecked any chance of me getting a trade thats what i was annoyed about.

Anyway i was pissed off so i deleted him and went about my daily business. I thought it was weird he was still saying about the game so i went to check my steam gifts and it wasn't there. Well i panicked at this point and re added him to see what on earth was going on. I think it's safe to assume i didn't have enough money in my bank account when i went to make the transaction but i didn't notice that. I guess that's another mistake of mine but i don't have any proof for that either.

In the end it comes down to whether or not you trust me as a person. I didn't do it and I'm giving the hat back so nobody has lost anything (i havent lost money he hasn't lost his hat).

This isn't my fault entirely had he simply come and talked to me about the situation i would have gladly given the hat back.
Well, looking the conversation you had, I think I can see why he would be annoyed. You said you sent the game then refused to reply to him when he asked you why he still didn't have it. From his perspective it is quite clearly a scam.

What bothers me even more, is the fact that you don't have money in your bank account, yet you are still BUYING COSMETIC TF2 HATS for REAL MONEY. Or do you actually have a lot of money and it was simply in the wrong bank account?

Toasty-Sloth
27th May 2011, 03:37 PM
Well, looking the conversation you had, I think I can see why he would be annoyed. You said you sent the game then refused to reply to him when he asked you why he still didn't have it. From his perspective it is quite clearly a scam.

What bothers me even more, is the fact that you don't have money in your bank account, yet you are still BUYING COSMETIC TF2 HATS for REAL MONEY. Or do you actually have a lot of money and it was simply in the wrong bank account?

We've discussed this as well i agree that it looks bad from my side of things but i'm now only trying to make amends for what was an innocent mistake from me which has blown up into this huge problem.

I didn't purposefully ignore him either i blocked him for reasons ive already explained.. but yeah once he gets his hats back then he'll come to terms with the fact it was a mistake.

Yeah i have money i just dont put it into my bank account a lot of the time, i mean ive got 1800 sitting in a bank account thats waiting to activate and i have more money on me than i do in my account so im fine :)

redbear
27th May 2011, 03:45 PM
toasty and i have come to a temporary understanding about this situation. once he has returned my items, i will quit harassing him about this.

whether his intention was to scam or not is not the issue as so much the events that took place shortly afterwards. deleting me from his friends list instead of trying to clear this up, has been an acknowledged mistake on his part.

Isphera
1st June 2011, 08:04 PM
Glad this could all be sorted, whether it was a misunderstand or otherwise.

redbear
6th June 2011, 07:28 PM
toasty,

could you PM me an update on your status. i've sent a few on the steam forums with no reply yet. thanks.

redbear
10th June 2011, 02:15 AM
so, im guessing that Toasty is blowing me off since i have sent him numerous PMs on the steam forums as well as post here requesting an update. and have yet received any information from him. i know that his trading privs have been returned from steam since he traded his heavy hat a few days ago. i would like this issue to be resolved as soon as possible ...

katakuna
10th June 2011, 02:16 AM
To be fair redbear, it's not our problem and there isn't really anything we can do to help you :|

Vicious Horizon
10th June 2011, 08:18 AM
You didn't hear? Toasty died not long ago :(

Lol.. I was gonna go for a really hard troll, but that'd be a little harsh methinks.

He's not.

Isphera
10th June 2011, 08:58 AM
To be fair redbear, it's not our problem and there isn't really anything we can do to help you :|

This.

redbear
10th June 2011, 01:54 PM

i get it. i had thought after my initial inquiry into this, there would have been a bit more help with this. "to be fair..." fair to whom ??

Isphera
10th June 2011, 02:05 PM
I don't really know what you want us to do though. We don't have any enforcement over this (hell, Toasty doesn't even seem that active here), we can't physically force him to give you the stuff, and most of use don't even care about TF2 hats trading. If Valve are attempting to resolve this, and you chase him up over it, then that's all you can do.

redbear
11th June 2011, 12:51 AM
well, i think the first thing i need to admit is that i am extremely jumpy and i need to calm down and quit jumping the gun. apparently toasty doesnt check the steam forums nor this forum as often as i had thought and wasnt ignoring me ... he just didnt know i was trying to get a hold of him. again, we have worked an agreement out between us.

sorry for being a manic jerk on your forums. i will try to reign in my neurosis in the future. ...

Hutch
11th June 2011, 12:59 AM
well, i think the first thing i need to admit is that i am extremely jumpy and i need to calm down and quit jumping the gun. apparently toasty doesnt check the steam forums nor this forum as often as i had thought and wasnt ignoring me ... he just didnt know i was trying to get a hold of him. again, we have worked an agreement out between us.

sorry for being a manic jerk on your forums. i will try to reign in my neurosis in the future. ...

Mate, you might wanna check your shoulder, there's something on it. Looks angry and bitey.