PDA

View Full Version : Project Zomboid

Vicious Horizon
1st June 2011, 08:46 PM
http://projectzomboid.com/blog/

Project Zomboid is a new Indie game.

It's not quite out yet, but you can have access to the pre-Alpha release by purchasing one of their other (cheap, and lulzworthy) games, purchasing one of these games gives you access to Zomboid permanently, including the updates and full game.

Zomboid is an isometric zombie survival game, designed to be realistic.
You have to cook, eat, fortify and many other things in order to survive, as well as take care of your wife, who was injured while you were escaping.

From what I've played it's hard, but very fun.

It's all very slow, and apparantly there will be co-op support. You'll meet other survivors (most of them hostile, from my experience), and you can make many mistakes that will probably result in your death (one of my idiotic mistakes was leaving a cooker on overnight, you can see where that went).

Target
1st June 2011, 08:57 PM
Cool might give it a go if I get time between cod and lol :D

katakuna
1st June 2011, 11:58 PM
They charge £15 for a rock paper scissors game that could be programmed in 30 seconds? -.-

Toasty-Sloth
2nd June 2011, 12:42 AM
Ill wait for the full game to release.

Im not paying a fiver to control a robot when i could buy things off steam with 10x the gameplay

Calneon
2nd June 2011, 12:21 PM
They charge £15 for a rock paper scissors game that could be programmed in 30 seconds? -.-

Ill wait for the full game to release.

Im not paying a fiver to control a robot when i could buy things off steam with 10x the gameplay
They had problems with Paypal and Google Checkout where they were getting their money withheld because they were selling a game that wasn't released yet (complete bullshit). The way they're getting around it is by selling these crappy games and throwing in Project Zomboid as well, so when you buy one of the games, you are actually just buying Project Zomboid for £5, £10, or £15.

Vicious Horizon
2nd June 2011, 12:47 PM
^ What Calneon said. I don't even have the DROIDS game, there's probably a link to it somewhere but I paid the Fiver for Zomboid, not some shitty game XD

Calneon
4th June 2011, 10:05 PM
Bought this a few days ago, only played it properly once, but it definitely has huge potential. The graphics are simple but perfect for the type of game it wants to be. I ended up dying in the streets from zombies after a guy with a shotgun let them into the house.

There needs to be a lot of refinement, took me a while to figure out how to use the crafting system, and I never did figure out how to feed your wife. IMO there were too many zombies, it needed to ramp up a lot slower to sustain a feeling of fear, and make each zombie more of a threat, rather than just have a load of them come at you endlessly.

I hope you can play it outside of a browser too.

Vicious Horizon
5th June 2011, 11:09 AM
Yeah I've come to pretty much the same conclusion. It's obviously not anywhere near what they wanted it to be before releasing it to public, but 4Chan leaking it sort of made them force their hand, however, on the forums people are talking about holing up in other places and living for weeks, which sounds awesome, I just can't make it past the second day, Shotgun man either kills me, or the zombies do XD