PDA

View Full Version : Æternus changing name to Helix Gaming

Isphera
6th June 2011, 11:38 AM
Owing to the fact that Æternus isn't that popular (and is ridiculously hard to spell on a normal keyboard half the time), we have decided to adopt the name created for the LoL team which is Helix Gaming. Aside from this name change, no changes are being made to the internal structure.

All forums, sub-forums and threads will be changed in the next couple hours. Next on the priority list is to come up with logos and the like for news posts, general advertisments etc.

Vicious Horizon
6th June 2011, 12:13 PM
http://www.atkcommunity.com/gallery/images/272/medium/1_h3lixfini.png

Made this instead of doing actual college work.

Chazlene - Maek it better!>!?!?!?!?!/ 1?!?1 11 1/ /! !? !? /!? ?! /v!?

katakuna
6th June 2011, 12:13 PM
Oric stop distracting Vicious from his college work

Calneon
6th June 2011, 01:36 PM
Just wanted to let you know that I think Helix is a retarded clan name.

Hutch
6th June 2011, 01:48 PM
Just wanted to let you know that I think Helix is a retarded clan name.
It's better than Aeternus at least.

Vicious Horizon
6th June 2011, 02:27 PM
It's better than Aeternus at least.

This.

It's also better than 'Reverb Gaming', which was seriously a bad name for a team.

ez64
6th June 2011, 02:33 PM
SIMPSONS DID IT,

http://hlxgaming.com/site/

Vicious Horizon
6th June 2011, 02:42 PM
I was under the impression we were just called 'helix', not 'helix gayming'

Chazlene
6th June 2011, 06:14 PM
http://www.atkcommunity.com/gallery/images/272/medium/1_h3lixfini.png

Made this instead of doing actual college work.

Chazlene - Maek it better!>!?!?!?!?!/ 1?!?1 11 1/ /! !? !? /!? ?! /v!?

http://chzallnighter.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/party-fails-wait-is-that-his-head.jpg

Reverb is a badass name for a design team though of course.

Vicious Horizon
6th June 2011, 06:23 PM
My evil plan has begun its effect, Chazlene seeing my awful design is now forced to make a half decent one >:)

Chalex4
6th June 2011, 09:06 PM
So is it Helix or Helix gaming? I'll change the name when that's all decided :).

Marshy
6th June 2011, 11:26 PM
Helix Gaming, I also want the clan leader badge as i love power

Isphera
6th June 2011, 11:44 PM
Helix Gaming

This. Also, me and Marshy need the CL badge, but it's a minute point atm.

Joe
7th June 2011, 12:15 AM
Oric why do you need it, you're not the clan leader, it's Moeshi and Targit, you're just power mad hahaha!

Target
7th June 2011, 12:17 AM
Oric needs CL?.....

Isphera
7th June 2011, 12:59 AM
Please check the roster - whilst Marshy is in charge of the LoL team with full autonomy, I remain the overall clan co-ordinator.

Colonel Mitch
7th June 2011, 02:07 AM
Please check the roster - whilst Marshy is in charge of the LoL team with full autonomy, I remain the overall clan co-ordinator.

lol what clans :P

Joe
7th June 2011, 02:10 AM
First of all, only you wanted the Æeternus clan to be changed to helix, (so you'd remain leader, refer to power hungry post).

If this is the case that you are remaining leader, though, that's fine, we'll simply make helix another 'clan' completely, seeing as Moeshi would be a much better overall co-ordinater, seeing as people actually want to be in his team, and he has a lot more experience than us / is better at LoL so it would make sense to listen to him rather than constant derp derp derp derp.

Not trying to be a complete and utter douche, but that's where i stand in this pretty much...

Marshy
7th June 2011, 02:11 AM
Here's my two cents, if we do go for the clan idea then of course we do need a leader, not a leader as in I SAY WHO MAKES THE TEAMS a leader in the sense of trying to boost his team mates, oric however much i do like you i don't think you quite fit this criteria e.g i have played on your lol account a few times getting you at least 4 levels. Related to the starcraft division you said yourself you don't want to play the game anymore kind of voiding yourself from leading this. I am however very happy to have you finding people or generally organizing the team e.g training or events around it while taking part in ESL and i43 games as ryze, however i think generally for clan leaders we need people with the inside out knowledge of the games which at the moment in team fights you do not have, instead of a clan leader a clan organizer would be appropriate

CILLIT BANG
7th June 2011, 02:14 AM
i had the shits while i was masturbating last night ... the double fluid loss was quite enjoyable and enhanced the whole activity

Target
7th June 2011, 02:20 AM
I assume Oric has been inactive due to his exams, we will probably see a big improvement once they have finished

Marshy
7th June 2011, 02:22 AM
I assume Oric has been inactive due to his exams, we will probably see a big improvement once they have finished

Yeah this is a good point we will wait and see :D

Isphera
7th June 2011, 11:05 AM
Here's my two cents, if we do go for the clan idea then of course we do need a leader, not a leader as in I SAY WHO MAKES THE TEAMS a leader in the sense of trying to boost his team mates, oric however much i do like you i don't think you quite fit this criteria e.g i have played on your lol account a few times getting you at least 4 levels. Related to the starcraft division you said yourself you don't want to play the game anymore kind of voiding yourself from leading this. I am however very happy to have you finding people or generally organizing the team e.g training or events around it while taking part in ESL and i43 games as ryze, however i think generally for clan leaders we need people with the inside out knowledge of the games which at the moment in team fights you do not have, instead of a clan leader a clan organizer would be appropriate

All fair points. I think the thing I should point out is that I used the word co-ordinator, not leader for the role. Whilst all the different teams are led by individuals with great dedication, knowledge and passion to their respective games and tasks, my job is to help support them in their role by taking the organisational aspect of it (arranging friendly events or helping with servers where required for example). The same also applies for the server co-ordinator and recruitment co-ordinator roles.

I've attempted to lead an actual team on two occasions - neither of which ended well. I would much prefer to macro manage the (for want of a better term) organisation in the capacity of ensuring all teams are happy, active and training well, as well as bringing attention to the clan and recruiting new players, so the team leaders can focus on training and trialing the new members. I also have no intention of interfering with any team selection or training process. If it ever came down to it, I'd also be sorting websites and comms.

As an aside, I believe you offered to level my account to 20 in order to both help some of us get to a higher level quicker and to play lower level players because you were being matched with level 30 teams and had a desire to try several diffrent characters.

Probably doesn't cover it.

As those of you who come on mumble know, I have been on for the last couple weeks just talking and only playing the occasional game because i'm revising for my exams which finish next Monday (unrelated point, I was game for some LoL last night, but the 5v5 practice was on :( ). Literally the second these are done (4pm on the 13th), I am in a taxi to get on a train to Newcastle and head up to Mitch's place. Naturally, I will likely be playing LoL, WoW and possibly some SC2 for about 3 days straight. From there, I will have nothing apart from a couple socials, an american football exec meeting and a couple gigs until the end of June. The rest of the time will be filled with bass practice (likely 2 hours a day) and gaming.

As I said last year when I brought up the idea of Aeternus,I wanted to help people play the games they wanted to in a competitive and fun environment that had a different ethos to ATK, whether I was an actual team leader or just a co-ordinator. Whilst my time has obviously been limited, I know that others has been just as much. As we rebirth this as Helix Gaming, I hope that I can continue to help you in my support role in order to help us place well in our first official set of tournament. If, however, you guys feel that I am not the person to help co-ordinate and support the teams which Helix fields, then please say now, and I will happily step aside and allow you guys to take in your own direction.

Vicious Horizon
7th June 2011, 11:21 AM
http://arch.413chan.net/Nurse_pony_diagnosis_butthurt-%28n1295398752703%29.jpg

Chalex4
8th June 2011, 07:05 PM
Forum name has been changed. Let me know if something's not right.

Target
8th June 2011, 07:08 PM
OMG he managed to do it in the same month that we asked!

Foulkez
4th September 2011, 06:30 PM
best thread on forum.

Isphera
5th September 2011, 10:16 AM
best thread on forum.

Obviously didn't read the i40 seating thread or some of the old Hutch posts.