PDA

View Full Version : 2011 ATK Summer Events Calendar!

Isphera
6th July 2011, 12:37 PM
It’ that time of year again where the sun is out, the birds are singing, music festivals are in full swing and most of us are inside having all the fun!

So, last year, I organised an events calendar and, for the most part, I thought it went quite well. Because of that, I will once again be running this for this year. However, in order to make it a bigger success than last year, I will need your help. I need your suggestions on what games and in what form to play? We obviously have the Gaming Nights, but what about custom LoL games, tournaments etc. (keep your eyes peeled for the first announcement later today). What about EVE Online ops, a revival of our WoW 1-80 Horde Character plan – no idea is a bad one (well, that’s not strictly true, but you know what I mean).

So post below with your suggestions and we can see what happens.

Calneon
6th July 2011, 03:17 PM
I'm officially through with HoN so I'm up for any LoL events you have, probably be looking for some casual games in the evenings too. SC2 tournament is a fantastic idea. Now WoW is F2P to lvl 20 maybe we could have a 'race to 20' type event, where the fastest (/played) to level 20 would win (not the fastest in real time because some people have jobs). I think we should take a look at some good LAN games, to play at i43, games like Quake, GTA, Worms Armageddon, Serious Sam are all games which can be transferred around to people easily and played over LAN.

Isphera
6th July 2011, 03:26 PM
LoL would be more of a gaming night event rather than a tournament - might try something next week.

Difficulty with the WoW suggestion is that some people will just use heirlooms from main accounts to glitch the time. Sure, it's an idea if people are interested, but that and the distinct lack of interest in our current leveling project might hinder that one.

LAN games are (naturally) good to look at for i43, but without Hamachi or easy MP, might be difficult outside.

Vicious Horizon
6th July 2011, 03:36 PM
Slightly off-topic, Why are you through with HoN?

And On-Topic: Events sound good, I'm up for running some events if wanted, and Quake would be so much fun to play (3, that is) against people I know :)

Calneon
6th July 2011, 04:48 PM
Slightly off-topic, Why are you through with HoN?

I get too frustrated after losing a few games. I'd still play it with other people but on my own I get really angry when I play bad, or somebody on the team is awful or starts raging. It's just not worth if playing a game makes me feel so shit.

Vicious Horizon
6th July 2011, 06:09 PM
I get too frustrated after losing a few games. I'd still play it with other people but on my own I get really angry when I play bad, or somebody on the team is awful or starts raging. It's just not worth if playing a game makes me feel so shit.

Ah yes, I get the same with LoL tbh, I think it's the reliance on teamwork :3

Colonel Mitch
6th July 2011, 06:35 PM
Ah yes, I get the same with LoL tbh, I think it's the reliance on teamwork :3

Yeah but in LoL other people actually play it so you can play with friends :)

Chazlene
6th July 2011, 07:39 PM
Oh I was really disappointed when I read this thread, thought it was gonna be about other meetups besides i43 :p

Kiliv
9th July 2011, 06:51 PM
LoL would be more of a gaming night event rather than a tournament - might try something next week.

Difficulty with the WoW suggestion is that some people will just use heirlooms from main accounts to glitch the time. Sure, it's an idea if people are interested, but that and the distinct lack of interest in our current leveling project might hinder that one.

LAN games are (naturally) good to look at for i43, but without Hamachi or easy MP, might be difficult outside.

not to mention the fact you can get to 20 in about 2hours if you tried ;)