PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Synapse

Vicious Horizon
7th July 2011, 11:23 AM
What is frozen synapse?

It's a strategy game.
Not like StarCraft or AoE, but an actual strategy game.

You have set units, which can range from shotgunners (fast, close range), machinegunners (normal speed, medium range), Rocketeers (can shoot rockets and knock down walls), Snipers (slow to shoot but long range) and grenadiers (They shoot grenades!)

Your opponent also has these units.

What makes frozen synapse different is that it's not real time.. not really.
You tell your units what to do using the very powerful planning phase, then you can watch them perform your actions, but you've not committed, you can then go back and change what they just did, tweak it, correct it or change it entirely.

You can almost see 5 seconds into the future, and once you're ready to commit to your plan, you commit and watch it unfold.

However, the planning phase preview doesn't show your opponent's moves, and while you've been planning your opponent has been planning also, and so the next 5 seconds can either be extremely lucky, or it can ruin your entire game.

It has both Multiplayer and Singleplayer, and what's cool about the Multiplayer (as you can imagine, games can take a very long time to finish if there are two very good players, you can quit at any time, and come back to it, and your opponent will be e-mailed that you've made your move and you can continue onto the next turn - A system that works surprisingly well, and you can have multiple multiplayer games on the go at any one time, increasing the mayhem.

It's very good, very polished and it weighs in at only 200mb.

You can buy it on Steam now for £12.73 on sale.

HOWEVER - Buying it on Steam will give you a spare copy, I'm willing to sell my spare copy for £6 (Just under half price) to anyone and I'll gift it to you if you pay me at i43.

---

I'm also thinking of running a Frozen tournament at ATK if enough people buy it, could be very fun

EDIT: If you are gonna get it, join UK server 1 :D

Isphera
7th July 2011, 11:40 AM
Gift it to me - I'll knock the £6 off your £30 debt :D

Calneon
7th July 2011, 12:13 PM
Me and Trigger have it. I like the concept and idea, but I generally get bored if the matches go on too long and it turns into a game of hide and seek (if you play dark). Would be up for a tournament definitely.

Vicious Horizon
7th July 2011, 01:56 PM
Yeah me and Oric just had a game, was a lot of fun - I now know the difference between Dark and Light modes.

Everyone buy this now, it's £6 if you split with someone and definitely worth the moneys.