PDA

View Full Version : ATK Frozen Synapse Tournament

Isphera
7th July 2011, 03:19 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/video/98200?snr=1_5_9__400

http://www.atkcommunity.com/threads/2976-Frozen-Synapse?p=37513

Since Vicious mentioned it earlier and it's garnered quite a bit of interest, I thought I'd just start this up now and get the ball rolling. I've played a few games so far and I must say it's one of the most fun little games I've played in a while. If you partner up with someone else to get the two copy deal, it's about £6.50 on Steam - well worth it.

Rules

Round robin, 3 match tournament

First match is 5v5 Dark Extermination with 2 MG, 2 Shot, 1 Rocket

Second and third match mode is decided by the loser of previous game.

As a matter of balance, hostage is not allowed for this tournament. All matches must be dark and all maps must be auto-generated. Troop composition is any allowable mixture of 4 ground troops (MG/Shot) and 1 special (rocket, sniper, grenadier). Each player has the discretion to choose their composition.

YouTube uploads of games will be requested.

One point is awarded for a game win.

In the event of a tiebreak on points, match wins will be used. If this is the same, then whoever won the matchup between the two during the stage will rank above.

Sign-ups

Vicious
Calneon
Trigger
Toasty-Sloth
Oricalcos

Colonel Mitch
7th July 2011, 03:40 PM
This game looks alright actually.

how do you buy it for just one as all I can see on steam is the pack for 2.

Isphera
7th July 2011, 04:00 PM
That is the one. You just get an extra copy to give away/barter with.

Calneon
7th July 2011, 04:51 PM
This game looks alright actually.

how do you buy it for just one as all I can see on steam is the pack for 2.
Yeah, it's an odd way to sell it but just find somebody else who wants it and split the cost.

EDIT: I'd actually wait because it might be on sale on the final day of sales, the last day of Steam sales is usually a collection of the best sales.

Trigger
7th July 2011, 09:49 PM
SIgn me up, sounds like a laugh

Target
7th July 2011, 10:33 PM
Mitch I will goes halves, buy two copies!!!

Colonel Mitch
7th July 2011, 10:40 PM
Mitch I will goes halves, buy two copies!!!

Ki wants to go halfs with me, but freddie wants it too so ask him :)

Target
7th July 2011, 10:45 PM
Its ok i prob wont play it anyway :s, see what fred says

Isphera
9th July 2011, 10:42 AM
In order to allow people to buy the game in their pairs and resolve all the confusion, sign-ups for this tournament will provisionally close on Saturday 16th July.

Isphera
12th July 2011, 02:04 PM
As it stands, this tournament will be run in a round robin style. If sign-ups reach 8, then it will change to a RR/KO hybrid (like SC2). Everyone will play each person once and the points then tallied up at the end of the tournament. Actual match structure is yet to be decided, but likely will be Bo3, with changing game modes (excluding hostage).

Vicious Horizon
12th July 2011, 02:10 PM
I think it should be a coin-flip for game 1, whoever wins gets to choose gametype/specific rules and team size for the first game, after which game 2 is person 2's choice and 3 is person 3's choice.

I can come up with some standard play rules if you want.

Toasty-Sloth
12th July 2011, 06:28 PM
im in for this :D

Isphera
13th July 2011, 09:02 PM
?

Isphera
27th July 2011, 12:18 PM
In order to readvertise this tournament and get more interest, sign-ups have been reopened and will now close on July 30th. Rules and other related issues will be resolved and published before or on this date.

Toasty-Sloth
27th July 2011, 12:50 PM
i actually forgot about this i'm really interested in this tourny :)

Isphera
28th July 2011, 10:36 AM
Awesome, added in.

Isphera
8th August 2011, 03:38 PM
Rules are still being decided and drawn up for this, so sign-ups will be extended until the 12th August to accomodate this.

Toasty-Sloth
13th August 2011, 02:38 AM
signups be shut

Isphera
13th August 2011, 10:21 AM
Indeed they are. I'm drawing up rules as I speak, so hopefully we can get this underway.

Toasty-Sloth
13th August 2011, 03:31 PM
Awesome :D

Isphera
15th August 2011, 09:55 AM
OK, I laxed off on this. I haven't got a full ruleset up, but the general gist is:

Round robin, best of 3
Second and third match mode and personel is decided by the loser of previous game, but obvs. not to a point of bias. As a matter of balance, hostage is not allowed for this tournament. All matches must be dark and all maps must be auto-generated. Troop composition is any allowable mixture of 4 ground troops (MG/Shot) and 1 special (rocket, sniper, grenadier). Both teams will have same units.
YouTube uploads of games will be requested in order to maintain this.
In the event of a tiebreak on points, match wins will be used. If this is the same, then whoever won the matchup between the two during the stage will rank above.

I'll put tables up later on when I have access to my laptop, but consider the tournament open.

Vicious Horizon
15th August 2011, 11:27 AM
Are we having fixed units?

Also, I think the maps should be auto-generated, to avoid any imbalance with unit placement and the such.

Isphera
15th August 2011, 12:37 PM
Maps auto generated - yes.

Fixed units - not sure, I didn't put it in originally to keep it a bit varied, but we can always fix it with say two MG, two shot and 1 special.

Vicious Horizon
15th August 2011, 12:57 PM
How about having 4 ground troops with one special.

Toasty-Sloth
17th August 2011, 02:11 AM
EXCELLENT

Isphera
17th August 2011, 10:21 AM
OK, the final ruleset, pending emergency changes are:

Round robin, 3 match tournament

Second and third match mode is decided by the loser of previous game.

As a matter of balance, hostage is not allowed for this tournament. All matches must be dark and all maps must be auto-generated. Troop composition is any allowable mixture of 4 ground troops (MG/Shot) and 1 special (rocket, sniper, grenadier). Each player has the discretion to choose their composition.

YouTube uploads of games will be requested.

The Frozen Synapse tournament is (finally) officially OPEN! Matches may begin now.

Isphera
25th August 2011, 05:36 PM
Since a majority of people in this are at i43, I will at some stage be pestering people to play their matches. If you have no intention of playing matches, then please drop out now.

Isphera
19th September 2011, 08:42 PM
Due to inactivity on matches, this tournament has been closed.