PDA

View Full Version : TF2 Community Chest

Vicious Horizon
9th July 2011, 11:34 PM
So I just came up with an idea (with some help from Target).

A lot of us have got back into TF2, and there are obviously items that some of us want, but don't have.

This is where the community chest comes into play.

We scrap-metal any stuff we don't want and 'submit' it to the 'chest', basically post in this thread that you have some metal etc. that you're willing to donate, then you hang onto this metal until someone requests an item that we can afford to make.

The weapon will be on a rent basis, and people who have donated more get priority of the item.

For example, Target wants the Sydney sleeper, so we chip in, make it, and trade it to target, however, if... XXCaptBluntingtonXX - Long standing member of ATK has donated 300 scrap metal to the scheme compared to Target's 15 then Target should let Bluntington use the sniper for a while.

Obviously we only let people we trust into the scheme, and there would be an official thread to use rather than just hearsay (so anything not in the thread isn't official, to avoid confusion/mega-rage). All donations of Items/Metal and trades would be recorded in the thread before they take place.

What do you think?

Calneon
10th July 2011, 12:39 AM
Why smelt the weapons into scrap? Surely just put any dupes into the chest and people can take them if they want them. If you were to craft a Sydney Sleeper, it would take 7 weapons which other people might want.

Vicious Horizon
10th July 2011, 01:42 AM
Well there is that, too.

I have about 7 Direct hits, though, which I don't see any point in keeping and will happily give one away if anyone needs it.

Target
10th July 2011, 01:42 AM
yeh but we want to craft the lol awesome weapons....smelting a backburner that people have 700 spare is worth it...anyway I'm in I already have some metal and will get some items to craft XD

Vicious Horizon
10th July 2011, 01:56 AM
I have some metal, not scrap, one of the middle and one of the top, 'cause I got bored and decided to smelt everything I had spare :3

Calneon
10th July 2011, 12:41 PM
Well this is my backpack, if anyone wants a dupe from there they're welcome to take it. I'm looking for any of the new weapons in return.

http://tf2b.com/76561197977918917

Isphera
14th July 2011, 09:35 AM
Will look through my bags and see what comes up, gonna try get full set of medic weapons.