PDA

View Full Version : The 1st ATK Company of Heroes 1v1 Tournament

Isphera
10th July 2011, 10:39 AM
Seeing as it was on sale a while back, we will start a CoH 1v1 tournament up. (Sign-ups closed 30th July)

Sign-ups

Calneon
Trigger
Setsoru
Vicious
Target
Mitch
Oricalcos

Rules

You play each person once in a match consisting of three games.

In order to determine Allies/Axis split, the first game can be agreed upon by the two players. If it cannot be agreed, then an agreed upon third-party may be asked to randomly select for the match. For the following two matches, the losers may select their chosen side.

The three games are played regardless of wins in the first two.

Maps will come from a pool of five. Each player may nominate one map to be banned for that match. The map pool is below these rules.

After the match, the result is reported to this thread or as a PM to myself.

One point is awarded for a game win.

In the event of a tiebreak on points, match wins will be used. If this is the same, then whoever won the matchup between the two will rank above.

There is to be no spectating in any game for the tournament, unless both players agree to it before the match.

Replays can be uploaded here, but are not required.

In the event of a results dispute, replays will be demanded.

Map Pool

Angoville
Langres
Semois
Sturzdorf
Wrecked Train

Table

Player Game Wins Match Wins
Oricalcos 0 0
Calneon 0 0
Trigger 0 0
Setsoru 0 0
Vicious 0 0
Target 0 0
Mitch 0 0

Oricalcos Calneon Trigger Setsoru Vicious Target Mitch
vs. Oricalcos x
vs. Calneon x
vs. Trigger x
vs. Setsoru x
vs. Vicious x
vs. Target x
vs. Mitch x

Vicious Horizon
10th July 2011, 11:22 AM
Sign me up..... FOR AMERICA.

Setsoru
10th July 2011, 11:49 AM
sign me up for the nazis

Target
10th July 2011, 12:31 PM
sign me up for ENGLAND!!!!

Calneon
10th July 2011, 12:38 PM
There's no point choosing your faction beforehand because there are no mirror matches in CoH, one person must play an allied faction and one an axis faction. I'd recommend the matches be BO3, with the player who plays allies first being randomized, then the loser of the first match gets to pick the faction they want to play the next game as.

Isphera
10th July 2011, 01:25 PM
Was gonna defer to you for the rules anyway Phant :D Put those up top in a sec.

Target
11th July 2011, 02:39 AM
FYI i haz no idea how this game works, am currently playing through the campaign like a scrub :D

Isphera
12th July 2011, 02:03 PM
As it stands, this tournament will be run in a round robin style. If sign-ups reach 8, then it will change to a RR/KO hybrid (like SC2). Everyone will play each person once and the points then tallied up at the end of the tournament.

Colonel Mitch
12th July 2011, 02:36 PM
Sign me up oric, tho i have no idea how to play xD

Isphera
13th July 2011, 09:02 PM
?

Isphera
27th July 2011, 12:17 PM
In order to readvertise this tournament and get more interest, sign-ups have been reopened and will now close on July 30th. Rules and other related issues will be resolved and published before or on this date.

Isphera
8th August 2011, 03:30 PM
OK, I was pretty lax in getting this tournament started, but here we go.

RULES

You play each person once in a match consisting of three games.

In order to determine Allies/Axis split, the first game can be agreed upon by the two players. If it cannot be agreed, then an agreed upon third-party may be asked to randomly select for the match. For the following two matches, the losers may select their chosen side.

The three games are played regardless of wins in the first two.

Maps will come from a pool of five. Each player may nominate one map to be banned for that match. The map pool is below these rules.

After the match, the result is reported to this thread or as a PM to myself.

One point is awarded for a game win.

In the event of a tiebreak on points, match wins will be used. If this is the same, then whoever won the matchup between the two will rank above.

There is to be no spectating in any game for the tournament, unless both players agree to it before the match.

Replays can be uploaded here, but are not required.

In the event of a results dispute, replays will be demanded.

Map Pool
Angoville
Langres
Semois
Sturzdorf
Wrecked Train

Isphera
15th August 2011, 10:01 AM
You know, you can start playing matches guys :D Or is there a problem with the map pool? :S

Either way, I'll be game for tonight if anyone is interested.

Vicious Horizon
15th August 2011, 11:25 AM
This thread wasn't flagged as having a new post to me, I never saw the tournament open post :)

Isphera
15th August 2011, 11:28 AM
I blame Chalex :P

Isphera
25th August 2011, 05:37 PM
Since a majority of people in this are at i43, I will at some stage be pestering people to play their matches. If you have no intention of playing matches, then please drop out now.

Isphera
19th September 2011, 08:42 PM
Due to inactivity on matches, this tournament has been closed.