PDA

View Full Version : ATK Interview 8: Eset

Chalex4
13th July 2011, 08:41 PM
Ever heard of Eset? They pride themselves on being the anti-virus and firewall of choice for gamers.

Check out Gary's interview below for more :).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jcFw1Ej1eM

There aren't many videos left, so stay tuned for more by subscribing (http://www.youtube.com/user/ATKCommunity) to our YouTube channel.

Calneon
13th July 2011, 10:28 PM
I've heard Nod32 is the best paid for antivirus out there, so I think there is a lot of truth in this interview :). Though I use MSE which does fine and is free.

Isphera
14th July 2011, 08:15 AM
Looking for a replacement for AVG at the moment - whilst it's free, it hogs my system like a bitch. Might give these guys a look, as well as Nod32 and MSE.

Paper Tiger
15th July 2011, 01:11 PM
lol. ESET is NOD32 :D

Calneon
15th July 2011, 04:31 PM
Yeah Eset make Nod32. Basically, the best payed for AV is Nod32 (I've heard), and the best free one is MSE. Depends if you want to spend or not.

Paper Tiger
16th July 2011, 12:32 AM
IMO, NOD32 is worth paying for. Ki will back me up on this. It's a fantastic antivirus and with threatsense, it picks up on virus traits without the need for a signature to be on file (as stated in the interview). So it's great for detecting early stage viruses.

It's not that expensive either, if I'm totally honest. I bought three, two year subscriptions for all the PCs in the house. It's FAR cheaper than Norton IIRC.

Zanziba'ar
28th July 2011, 06:27 PM
Anti Virus are all stupid. there is No need for Them

Calneon
28th July 2011, 07:17 PM
Anti Virus are all stupid. there is No need for Them
So is capitalizing Random words in Sentences.

Zanziba'ar
28th July 2011, 08:14 PM
Sorry english isn't all that Great. but Typically you would ignore that, were You Looking for faults In my English?

Calneon
28th July 2011, 09:50 PM
Sorry english isn't all that Great. but Typically you would ignore that, were You Looking for faults In my English?
You'll have to forgive me, I'm a Grammar Nazi. Do you capitalize random words in Russian then?

Joe
28th July 2011, 09:54 PM
You'll have to forgive me, I'm a Grammar Nazi. Do you capitalize random words in Russian then?

Served.

Vicious Horizon
28th July 2011, 10:15 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there wasn't a difference between capitals and lowercase in Russian, except in cursive, making it an arbitrary case to use..

Zanziba'ar
29th July 2011, 01:34 PM
Its habbit from the Way i use my Keyboard

katakuna
29th July 2011, 04:10 PM
MSE the best free anti-virus out there? IDK about that.... ;\

Avast! is the best for me :D

Vicious Horizon
29th July 2011, 04:17 PM
MSE the best free anti-virus out there? IDK about that.... ;\

Avast! is the best for me :D

You've clearly not used MSE ;)