PDA

View Full Version : ATK Admin Team: Submit your Application

Chalex4
28th July 2011, 12:45 AM
This thread is purely for your applications to join the ATK Admin Team. Please make sure you've read this (http://www.atkcommunity.com/threads/3000-An-open-letter-to-Chalex4?p=37780&viewfull=1#post37780) post about it first!

So what do we want? A well thought-out application to ONE of the positions listed below :). Remember to:

- Be creative
- Suggest solutions
- Tell us about your experiences

Also remember:

LIMIT: 500 words (OR you can post 250 words and a video)
DEADLINE: Friday 5th August

The Positions:

ATK Manager:
Description: This person needs to have a real vision for where ATK can go in the future, and how to manage what we already have. This spreads from our servers and website to making sure the members in the community have their views heard. They are also responsible for finding sponsorship, ordering merchandise and ensuring that there is regular communication and meetings with the rest of the administration team.
Time: During the week, at least an hour a day. Weekends should be considerably more.

Head of Technical:
Description: ATK is your oyster. You can really make a difference in this role, whether its from the more menial tasks of updating the website and servers to designing applications for mobile devices and tools that make ATK unique. Experience in HTML, CSS & PHP would help. Advanced technologies like C++ and Ajax can be learnt if necessary.
Time: During the week, at least half an hour a day. Weekends should be considerably more.

Community Manager:
Description: Responsible for gaming nights, LAN trips and everything social (online and offline!). They are THE port of call for all community members. This person must keep track of the community's growth and, with the admin, draw up a plan for how to improve it. Current statistics must be taken and targets set. They are also responsible for advertising the community and ensuring that everyone knows all the latest ATK news.
Time: During the week, at least half an hour a day. Weekends should be considerably more.

After all submissions are in, they will be reviewed independently by the current administration and then voted on publicly by the forum members. You will NOT win simply by having the most votes.

Good luck, and remember ...
http://cabaretdubai.com/images/We_Need_You.png
WE NEED YOU!!

Colonel Mitch
28th July 2011, 01:09 AM
Oh hi!

I would like to apply for the position of ATK Manager. Some reasons I think I would be good for the position are below:

I have management experience from running the cybercafe in barrow, making sure people's views were heard if they had anything to recommend for change.
I have experience dealing with other members in ATK and am capable of liaising with other members and managers, to effectively get jobs done (providing I / we actually have the means to do so).
I have good general knowledge of the field of computing and a good understanding of how game servers and web servers work, even though I am not literate in HTML, CSS or programming languages. As such I think I would make a good support for someone that does know exactly what their doing and I feel I could convey ideas to them effectively.
I spend several hours every day online, and the majority of that time on mumble.
I feel I am approachable in the event of any problems members may feel they have.
I have good etiquette when communicating with companies etc, and feel I would be a good choice for communicating with sponsors.
I am impartial when it comes to community matters, I believe this was well demonstrated last year for i40 with the DK incident. Even though my personal feelings were clear and I believed he had no good reason for wanting to move, I made a significant effort to satisfy his requests for seating.

As for changes I think this is vastly up to community decision, but I would be happy to try and organise more LAN events, maybe even some of our own, and liaise with the other members and possibly even communities to arrange inter community gaming. Also as you are aware I am capable of setting up game servers should people desire.

I think thats about it really :)

CILLIT BANG
28th July 2011, 05:44 PM
Id like to create my own position for advertisement:
this is because i would not have enough time for the full position of Community Manager
if this is ok i have advanced further that the majority of my course in the field of advertisement and getting a 1st in my 1st year in all moduals ... here are some more advantages of me having this position:
1)i think outside the box which would be an advantage due to the crap load of adds out their alredy
2)i am a master of white space which will give our advertisment a nice contemporary grown up feel ... i think we need to aim for a more mature audience
3)knowledge of a vast amount of games more than most id say ;)
4)I KEN USE PHOTOSHOPZ and illustraiter + inDesign = sharp dynamic designs
5)i have a high standard quality finish to most of my work ... that i enjoy anyway

advertisement is a big subject anyway and that would take alot of time therefor will need more than 1 person ... this will be important if we want to make the community progress rather that stay in the current state of blaaarghghghgh

hope you enjoyed my skillfull and time consuming application compleat will spelling and gramatical errorz :)

Chazlene
29th July 2011, 12:10 PM
Yeah I want to apply. Really can't write much atm since I'm on holiday and can't use the internet much, I'll try to have a proper session of internet this evening where I can read all this shit that's going down and give my input.

Vicious Horizon
29th July 2011, 04:41 PM
Here's my application

Position: ATK Manager

Why should I, the community noob apply for such a position of such prestige?
Well, I think I'd be suitable for the ATK Manager position because of my organisational skills. I always have a plan of what I want to do and I stick to this plan as much as I can.
I have the dedication that is needed for this position, and I'd like to think I'm quite diplomatically minded which would help when looking for new sponsor or finding new ventures for the community.
I'm always coming up with new ideas which is exactly what this position is looking for, I wouldn't throw one idea out on mumble one afternoon then leave the position to lie dormant for the next few months.

I think I consider all of the core members (and some of the not-so-core members) to be good friends of mine, and I take other people's ideas and opinions very seriously which is another key aspect of the ATK Manager role.

What are some of the first things I would look at if I were chosen to take this role?

I would look for some reliable, well-known sponsors to sponsor us at i43, and any other LANs we go to, for example I would ask Novint for sponsorship again, but I would also look at some other companies, particularly peripheral accessory companies as aside from being shiny, they are also things which can be shown off and easily given away in either tournaments or raffles (much like we did at the previous 2 iSeries we have attended).
I would also start a new initiative involving our currently existing TF2 and CSS servers, alongside the League of Legends team and the StarCraft 2 following we have here at ATK, involving advertisment on the existing servers, as well as possibly finding active affiliates from clans or communities who share the same interests as players in ATK.

Another idea is possibly using the Cinema to a greater effect, allowing community members to upload their own videos to the cinema, which may not only increase the level of traffic to the website, but also userbase and popularity of the website.

I will look at the current layout and system we have in place for the forums currently and see if there are any ways to streamline or improve them in order to create an easier user experience when visiting the ATK Community.

Thanks for considering me, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, you know where to find me :)

Not quite 500 words (almost), so I'll leave you with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4

Target
29th July 2011, 05:23 PM
I vote Mitch, think everyone who is active should have admin on mumble though, like today, now, immediately

Isphera
29th July 2011, 06:53 PM
NOTE:After much deliberation, I have decided to withdraw from the running for the Community Manager position. This is largely due to the my time restraints come October which would prevent me from doing this role to the exceptional standard that I expect from myself, and thus it would not be fair to the community for me to take the role. I am more than willing to assist the selected community manager in terms of events and tournaments should they require it, but as it stands, I would not be able to perform the role itself. I wish all candidates luck.

My application will remain here so you can marvel in my exceptional writing tekkers.

--

Before I start, I would like to quickly thank Chalex for his many years of service given towards this community through it's changing forms and names. Ever since we started out with British Rogue Squadron as a group of school friends, he has done everything that could have been wanted in a leader, even if there were many disagreements along the way. Whilst we move forward with new leadership, I hope that his many efforts over the past however many years will be commended by veteran and newbie alike.

---

Onto the subject at hand, I am writing this application to apply for the position of Community Manager. I would like to quickly run over some of my experiences and skills which I believe suit me for this position, and what I would like to accomplish with the role

Experience: As many of you will be aware, I currently hold the role of ATK's Events Manager, a role vastly similar to the Community Manager. During that time, I oversaw the activity increase in the summer of 2010, much in part due to the resurrection of the weekly Gaming Night event, as well as organising a Zero Hour tournament. Whilst this ultimately fell short in terms of participation, the lessons learned from that unsuccessful attempt have fed into the successful rebirth of the Summer 2011 period, headlined by the creation of the Starcraft II tournament, which has 9 members participating, as well as the upcoming CoH and Frozen Synapse tournaments.

Founding Member: Whilst you can quarrel that I did in fact leave with the breakaway clan led by sNk during the change from BRS to C2G, I have been a part of this entity for nearly 10 years, if we count the time when we were a small group of school friends affiliated with PHWComics. Whilst past events don't hold much ground now, and have a reputation of being one of the more divisive figures in ATK's history, I would like to believe that I have developed strong relationships with all members of ATK, to both veterans and new members alike, as well as one of the more welcoming figures for newbies to come to. I have also endeavoured to mend all burned bridges from the past with members such as Hutch and, more recently, Nikoli.

Dedication: As was evident as far back in June 2010, with my original open letter to the community, I have been a major proponent of keeping the group of players that call ATK together, whether it be through a restructuring or reinvigoration of ATK (shown with the creation of ATK's competitive branch, then known as Aeternus, now known as Helix Gaming) or via a different medium or entity. I would like to believe that this shows a dedication to the members of ATK and that I would use all effort available to me to ensure continued success for the community.

Organisational Ability: As mentioned previously, I have arranged gaming events and tournaments for ATK for the last 18 months, as well as running the DWPS poll series as well as other events outside of ATK. These combined show that I have an exceptional amount of organisational capability, which is a necessity for this role.

Target: My main aim is to expand ATK through restructuring on three platforms: casual gaming (supported by servers), open tournaments for members and non-members to join, as well as also providing opportunities for competitive play and practice with Helix.

If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me.

Chazlene
29th July 2011, 07:02 PM
Following on from what Fred said in his application, I think the Community Manager role should be split up slightly, I don't think it's a good idea for one person to be in charge of all the gaming nights, you can't make someone organise a Starcraft II gaming session when they don't even play that game.

Therefore, I'd like to apply for some of the Community Manager's duties, such as:

- Managing and moderating the forums.
- Organising events which aren't necessarily LANs (think of how much fun we had at Vicious' 18th) However maybe Mitch should keep his responsibility of seat manager for the I-series since he's so damn good at it :p
- Posting the latest ATK news, getting feedback from members about changes and additions to ATK and asking them what changes they'd like to see in the community.
- Organising the social side for Battlefield 3 when it comes out, such as integrating ATK with Battlelog and trying to recruit new members to ATK through that (not sure if gaming nights will be necessary to begin with since we'll all be playing it a lot anyway).

I think perhaps the duties of Community Manager could be split between Fred, Oric and I? Looking at the other responsibilities you've listed Chalex I think Oric seems to be the right person for them.

Of course I'm not giving up my responsibility as ATK's designer (could you imagine), but I think it'd be a good idea to form a solid design team, most likely made up of me, Callum, Fred and Phantom if he's interested in that, since I think it'd be interesting for ATK to have a mix of everyone's styles (so long as it doesn't clash of course) and also with a design team we could give each other feedback on each others' work before it gets uploaded to the site or wherever. For this to work though we'd need to create a proper database of all the official ATK design elements, such as the fonts, colours, vectors of logos, etc. The design team would have access to this but probably wouldn't be public.

Another idea is that I really think we should use Battlefield 3 as a catalyst to improve ATK; like I said we can recruit more people through Battlelog, form a team and play the game competitively (I probably wouldn't be the best person to organise matches and the like), and also produce simple frag videos or something, which gets me onto my next point...

I have always said ATK needs more output, so perhaps we should set up a proper Youtube channel which would draw in more people, posting footage we record in game, any tech interviews of course and other stuff.

So why should I have this position... Well I've been moderating the forums for several years now anyway so I know what I'm doing to an extent, and have gained experience through running Reverb Design which should translate over to managing the forums and using Vbulletin. Also I seem to be the member most interested in organising ATK meetups which aren't LANs so will be the most proactive at this. And to state the obvious - I've been with ATK since its conception, been helping Chalex with certain community responsibilities along the way anyway, and understand what the ATK gaming community is all about.

Also Chalex have you considered how The Loch Tech Monster is going to work among all of this?

VoX
30th July 2011, 08:35 PM
Withdrawn

Hey

My application goes to the position of ATK Manager, and I think I am suitable for this due to the below:

Having been around ATK since the C2G days (not long compared to some but long enough) I've seen the community go through good and bad, and overall develop over time. Because of this I have seen past techniques that have worked, and others that haven't, some of which I have had input on, some I haven't.
I would consider myself to be able to detach personal involvement from any situations that may occur and ensure that all members opinions can be put forward without them worrying that it may be passed on incorrectly or have lost vital facts through the channels of communication.
Dealing with the public is an area I feel both confident at, and comfortable doing. It is something that I frequently do both over the phone and in person when organizing or sorting payment for a job, and when at work and needing to control large groups of people and keep them feeling comfortable over a period of time. My skills in this area are evident as I am regularly delegated jobs from my boss where I have the sole responsibilities for organizing and photographing teams/areas that he is unable to do, trusting his reputation with his clients entirely in me.
The other core job I currently do is Route Schedule Management for a cleaning company, where I need to ensure that all teams know where they are going for the next week and that they have the required resources. This also includes handing the cash given over by customers to ensure they are fully up to date, and ensuring that employees receive wage slips regularly.
Where can I take ATK? My first goal would be to get a more solid sponsor(s) on board, and work in coalition with the Community Manager to ensure that this sponsor gets adequate coverage over any events ATK either attends or hosts, and sort out things such as apparel (shirts, hoodies etc) for the community, and peripheral accessories such as mouse mats to be used as prizes or as further coverage for said sponsor(s), whilst ensuring no paths are cut up during this process.
Why should I be chosen over others for this role? Not saying I should be, I would gladly share this role with another member, allowing us flexibility over time should someone need it for whatever reason. However, having been a moderator etc for coming up on 3 years, I think it demonstrates that I can maintain a position of trust and would be able to work effectively, however my preference would be to work in partnership with another member.

Think thats pretty much it.

Isphera
1st August 2011, 01:04 PM
After much deliberation, I have decided to withdraw from the running for the Community Manager position. This is largely due to the my time restraints come October which would prevent me from doing this role to the exceptional standard that I expect from myself, and thus it would not be fair to the community for me to take the role. I am more than willing to assist the selected community manager in terms of events and tournaments should they require it, but as it stands, I would not be able to perform the role itself. I wish all candidates luck.

VoX
2nd August 2011, 10:15 AM
Like Oric, withdrawing due to lack of actual time, will gladly assist if needed though.

katakuna
2nd August 2011, 01:26 PM
Sup guys

I decided to finally apply for the head of technical position after much encouragement from chalex4, so here goes... ^^

I may not have been here long, but as some of you may know I've been involved with some work around the site already, such as the new News Ticker on the homepage and also some other 'secret' projects ;). However if any of you are unaware of what skills I may or may not have, I recently got accepted into an I.T. Apprenticeship assisting in the management and support of a medium sized corporations website, and maintaining/updating any applications that require such attention.

Yeah this application isn't as long winded as the others in this thread, however I feel as though it is adequate enough and displays just the right about for me to get my intentions across to all of you :)

Hutch
2nd August 2011, 01:36 PM
Sup guys

I decided to finally apply for the head of technical position after much encouragement from chalex4, so here goes... ^^

I may not have been here long, but as some of you may know I've been involved with some work around the site already, such as the new News Ticker on the homepage and also some other 'secret' projects ;). However if any of you are unaware of what skills I may or may not have, I recently got accepted into an I.T. Apprenticeship assisting in the management and support of a medium sized corporations website, and maintaining/updating any applications that require such attention.

Yeah this application isn't as long winded as the others in this thread, however I feel as though it is adequate enough and displays just the right about for me to get my intentions across to all of you :)

Katakuna used application it's super effective!
Hutch used read and enjoyed it
Katakuna used harden.

http://www.nintendobuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Kakuna-Screen-Shot.jpg

Calneon
2nd August 2011, 04:58 PM
This is going to be short, but better short than, err... nothing.

I'll be applying for the Head Of Technical position at ATK Community. I'd be good for this position because I am an active member of the community, and would try to implement the features requested (or delegate them to my tech bitches). I am qualified in the following knowledgings:

- C++ from my Games Tech course at university.
- HTML/CSS from years of developing websites.
- Game Server management from when I managed the ATK servers for a short time.
- PHP/SQL/Linux scripting from my current summer job as a backend Drupal programmer.
- Ability to use graphics programs such as Photoshop and Premier Pro.

As for what I would do, I would implement solutions as required by the community, or advise in technical decisions. That's pretty much it.

Hutch
2nd August 2011, 05:16 PM
This is going to be short, but better short than, err... nothing.

I'll be applying for the Head Of Technical position at ATK Community. I'd be good for this position because I am an active member of the community, and would try to implement the features requested (or delegate them to my tech bitches). I am qualified in the following knowledgings:

- C++ from my Games Tech course at university.
- HTML/CSS from years of developing websites.

- Game Server management from when I managed the ATK servers for a short time.
- PHP/SQL/Linux scripting from my current summer job as a backend Drupal programmer.
- Ability to use graphics programs such as Photoshop and Premier Pro.

As for what I would do, I would implement solutions as required by the community, or advise in technical decisions. That's pretty much it.

I'm TORN, WHO DO I WANT???????!!!!

katakuna
2nd August 2011, 07:12 PM
The job can easily be split :p

Vicious Horizon
2nd August 2011, 07:24 PM
The job can easily be split :p

Babel fish says this means "power plz" :D

Marshy
2nd August 2011, 11:19 PM
This thread is purely for your applications to join the ATK Admin Team. Please make sure you've read

HERP DE DERP USELESS RESPONSE (http://www.atkcommunity.com/threads/3003-ATK-Admin-Team-Discuss-the...)