PDA

View Full Version : Messaging system

Target
15th August 2011, 02:55 AM
Would like to have a messaging system similar to facebook, where you add everyone to the group that if concerns...eg. lol team, just so we can organise practise and playing some ranked games together. I know this could be done on facebook, but think we should have this feature on the website

Isphera
15th August 2011, 09:30 AM
You did this in the Minecraft Server Forum :P

But nonetheless, I somewhat agree with this - hopefully once Helix is all sorted out and decided upon we can integrate this idea into the website and the Helix framework. We'll be sure to discuss it at the meeting tonight.

Chazlene
15th August 2011, 10:51 AM
Yeah I mentioned this idea to Chalex a while back as well, I think there are instant messenger plugins you can get for Vbulletin.

Chalex4
15th August 2011, 11:26 AM
This is a great idea. I had a quick look around the web for a bloat-free system a while ago, but could never quite find one that properly fit into vBulletin.

That was about a year ago though, so I'm sure we can get that added to the new to-do list!

Calneon
15th August 2011, 11:59 AM
Is a Steam group not an option?

Isphera
17th August 2011, 10:15 AM
Would like to have a messaging system similar to facebook, where you add everyone to the group that if concerns...eg. lol team, just so we can organise practise and playing some ranked games together. I know this could be done on facebook, but think we should have this feature on the website

I think that's a qualifying sentance Cal. Don't get me wrong, if a soltution can't be found, then ofc. FB, Steam etc can be used, but with the implementation of Rosters and the like, surely there will be a way to make such a communication method possible?

katakuna
17th August 2011, 11:16 AM
Do not fear! The ATK Technical team is here!

Isphera
17th August 2011, 12:25 PM
The ATK Technical team is here!

http://mariamontessori.com/mm/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/geek2.jpg

Sorry, low blow, but I thought it was funny.

Vicious Horizon
17th August 2011, 01:32 PM
http://mariamontessori.com/mm/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/geek2.jpg

Sorry, low blow, but I thought it was funny.

This is a real-life picture of Katakuna :)

Target
18th August 2011, 05:46 PM
me geniesta