PDA

View Full Version : Helix Team Fortress 2

Vicious Horizon
30th August 2011, 01:54 PM
Assuming I have permission to set up a team, I would like to start a Team Fortress 2 team.

I'm looking for at least 6 players to be part of this team, as the standard size in tournaments is a 6v6.

The 'cookie-cutter' team roster is usually:

2x Scout
2x Soldier
Demoman
Medic

However, of course, classes are contextual and will change in and before matches.

I will allow more than 6 players to join, and picks on who will be in the team on matches will be contextual, depending on which classes are needed most, and who I feel is more 'suited' to the games that day.

This will be a serious competitive team, and as such practice sessions will be held and team members will be expected to turn up to these sessions; I will try my best to make the training fun and enjoyable.

For now, I'll lead the team and make calls, however in-game this does not mean I will be the only one giving orders, however this is also down to the current context and and will be highlighted once I have the team together etc.

Please use this thread to show your interest or to ask questions to do with the team.

If you want to apply, please use the format below.

===

Name: Vicious Horizon
Time played (in total hours): 600+
Best 3 Classes:
Spy
Scout
Soldier

Best time for training:

Late Afternoon Weekends.

===

Also, if you do want to sign up but aren't sure if you're going to be good enough, don't worry as you'll be up to speed in no time if you turn up to practice sessions.

A good way to tell if you're fairly good is if you sit back at least once a day while playing TF2 and say to yourself "Jesus christ I'm good".

I do this every 15 minutes.

===

ALSO: For those interested, here's the most accurate list of banned weapons in NORTH AMERICAN TOURNAMENTS

I'm not able to find the EU Ban list yet, but iirc they're fairly similar, just the EU is a little stricter.

===

Scratch that, the ETF2L ruleset on banned weapons is such:

2.2.2 Set hats banned (where possible)

The current rules allow players to equip all of the weapons for the Pyro, Sniper and Spy Item Sets. As such, the hats required to gain those Item Sets’ bonuses are not allowed.

2.2.3 Weapon Reskins allowed

Almost all weapon reskins (Lugermorph, Holy Mackerel, Frying Pan, Iron Curtain, Golden Wrench, Big Kill, Enthusiast’s Timepiece) are allowed.

The Horseless Headless Horsemann’s Headtaker is not allowed.

2.2.4 Scout Unlocks: Bonk allowed

Scouts can choose to use the Bonk Energy Drink. All other non-default weapons are banned.

2.2.5 Soldier Unlocks: Equalizer and Pain Train allowed

Soldiers can choose to use the Equalizer or the Pain Train. All other non-default weapons are banned.

2.2.6 Pyro Unlocks: All weapons allowed

Pyros are free to use any weapon available to them.

2.2.7 Demoman Unlocks: Pain Train allowed

Demomen can choose to use the Pain Train. All other non-default weapons are banned.

2.2.8 Heavy Unlocks: Sandvich allowed

Heavies can choose to use the Sandvich. All other non-default weapons are banned.

2.2.9 Engineer Unlocks: All weapons allowed besides the Wrangler

Engineers are free to use any weapon available to them, excluding the Wrangler.

2.2.10 Medic Unlocks: All weapons allowed besides the Amputator and the Vita-Saw

Medics are free to use any weapon available to them, excluding the Amputator and the Vita-Saw.

2.2.11 Sniper Unlocks: All weapons allowed

Snipers are free to use any weapon available to them.

2.2.12 Spy Unlocks: All weapons allowed

Spies are free to use any weapon available to them.

---

So make sure you scouts aren't playing with the FaN or Shortstop, and stop wearing set hats so you don't get used to the set bonuses they grant :)

===

MAPS YOU MUST DOWNLOAD :

Capture Point: Gullywash (http://maps.toaster.fi./cp_gullywash_pro.bsp.bz2)

Capture Point: Snakewater (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2447457/cp_snakewater_rc5.bsp.bz2)

Capture Point: Obscure (http://fakkelbrigade.eu/byte/obscure.zip)

These are the maps that are in the current map-pool for Season 10.

Hutch
30th August 2011, 02:50 PM
Name: Cowshooter
Time played (in total hours): I've played it a lot but cannot be fagged to work out how many hours, I've played it a lot.
Best 3 Classes:
Soldier
Pyro
Demoman

Best time for training:

Sundays and weekdays when I'm not busy

Calneon
30th August 2011, 03:01 PM
I've played it a lot but cannot be fagged to work out how many hours, I've played it a lot.

It says on your Steam profile.

Vicious Horizon
30th August 2011, 03:10 PM
It says on your Steam profile.

He may be like me and have more hours logged on an alternate account :(

Calneon
30th August 2011, 03:36 PM
He may be like me and have more hours logged on an alternate account :(
What's the point of an alternate account?

Vicious Horizon
30th August 2011, 03:38 PM
What's the point of an alternate account?

I used to play on a friend's account 'cause I didn't have TF2 back when I was 15 or whatever, 'rents wouldn't buy it 'cause they didn't like 'shooty games' or something.

So I had a shittonne of hours logged on my mate's account but I only have 150ish on mine.

Isphera
30th August 2011, 03:50 PM
Permission granted :D No need to worry about official side of it, I know your pretty passionate about it anyway.

Target
30th August 2011, 04:47 PM
I used to play demoman in a TF2 team, but that was aaaaaaaaaages ago when the game first came out really, dunno whats changed would prob need some practise to get good again, not bad as scout either...but dunno how much time I have to give to this as kinda concentrating on LoL now but if you need someone...

Colonel Mitch
30th August 2011, 05:37 PM
Name: Colonel Mitch
Time played (in total hours): 126
Best 3 Classes:
Soldier
Medic
Engineer

Best time for training:

Evenings

Vicious Horizon
30th August 2011, 05:39 PM
Calneon, are you interested? I seem to remember you being a pretty kick-ass Demoman back in the original team?

katakuna
30th August 2011, 07:16 PM
dibs on scout

Vicious Horizon
30th August 2011, 07:45 PM
I'll need to see you playing Scout before I call that one Kata, no offense :P But yeah, MOAR INTEREST PPL OMGZ.

I'm happy to include the old Soviet Boxing club members if they no longer play.

Calneon
30th August 2011, 10:59 PM
I think I've had enough of trying to play in TF2 teams, thanks for the invite anyway though.

Paper Tiger
30th August 2011, 11:39 PM
Seeing as TF2 is possibly the game I'm best at (not great, but it's my best one :P ) I'd like to give this a shot.

Name: Paper Tiger
Total hours of play: Not enough, needs to increase (According to Steam: 24 hours, but I'm pretty sure it's a fair bit more than that! Will it only show for TF2 played on Laptop?)
Best three classes: Pyro. Soldier, Demo/Medic

Best time to practice: Evening/weekends

Havok
31st August 2011, 01:57 AM
Still considering some kind of css teamage but wth i've done tf2 before

Name: Havok
Time played (in total hours): 182 (must be more off record)
Best 3 Classes:
Scout
Pyro
Demoman

Best time for training:

evenings/weekends

Vicious Horizon
31st August 2011, 11:55 AM
Well, I have a rudimentary 6, however ofc I'd like more applicants, just for moar choice and a bigger selection.

A note about team organisation:

We'll start by going cookie-cutter, meaning 2Scout, 2Soldier, 1Demo, 1Medic.

There are actually 2 callers on this team setup, as the scouts will almost never be around the main team, and will work in a buddy-system, with one giving instructions to the second.

Then the main team caller will give instructions to the main team.

One of the callers is normally the team leader, who gives the big orders to all players on the team.
I'm thinking about using whispers on mumble as communication is one of the most important aspects of Team play.

First Training Session: Thursday 1st September, 7:30pm?

I'll check with people on steam, if I don't get responses I'll assume you're too busy.

The training session won't be super formal, just to work out the team and learning a couple of the custom maps which I doubt many of you have played (I know I haven't).

Calneon
31st August 2011, 12:53 PM
The main team caller is normally the medic, because they know how far they are from uber and should be the most aware of their surroundings. The whole team hinges around the medic so it makes sense to have them calling the shots. The two scouts should be working together as you said to scout out the opposing team, and report as much information back to the rest of the team as possible, and attempt to get any pickoffs they can. A scout for medic/demo is a very worthy trade.

Colonel Mitch
31st August 2011, 01:40 PM
Well, I have a rudimentary 6, however ofc I'd like more applicants, just for moar choice and a bigger selection.

A note about team organisation:

We'll start by going cookie-cutter, meaning 2Scout, 2Soldier, 1Demo, 1Medic.

There are actually 2 callers on this team setup, as the scouts will almost never be around the main team, and will work in a buddy-system, with one giving instructions to the second.

Then the main team caller will give instructions to the main team.

One of the callers is normally the team leader, who gives the big orders to all players on the team.
I'm thinking about using whispers on mumble as communication is one of the most important aspects of Team play.

First Training Session: Thursday 1st September, 7:30pm?

I'll check with people on steam, if I don't get responses I'll assume you're too busy.

The training session won't be super formal, just to work out the team and learning a couple of the custom maps which I doubt many of you have played (I know I haven't).

I will almost certainly not be available tomorrow, dads picking up the new car and i get to play with it and see rami. Usually thursdays would be fine tho.

Paper Tiger
31st August 2011, 02:24 PM
Usually Thursdays would be find for myself too, BUT tomorrow happens to be my brothers 17th and we're having a BBQ, so I don't think I'll quite get away with playing TF2. If I get any time to pop on, I shall, even if it's just for a short space of time, I will. But I will make the most effort to attend the next one though!

Kacere
31st August 2011, 06:08 PM
Hey long time no speak I suppose. I'm definitely interested in this team and would love to be a member.

Name: Kacere
1. Scout
2. Medic
3. Heavy/spy

Hours played-901

Best times for training-Weekends or evenings (as long as its a set time and is regular i should be able to make it.

Vicious Horizon
31st August 2011, 07:37 PM
Sick Kacere, thanks for applying.

- As a note, I've spoken to DarkPidgeon, who has shown interest, this means we have more than enough people to start an efficient team, although more are welcome :D

Joe
31st August 2011, 08:27 PM
Name: Joe (forgot my ingame name :D)

Time played (in total hours): no idea but i'm #1 EU
Best 3 Classes:
Sniper
Medic
Engineer

Best time for training:

Evenings

Vicious Horizon
31st August 2011, 10:23 PM
OK Guys, if all of you could sign up for an account at ETF2L (http://etf2l.org/) it would be appreciated, because if we're going to sign up for this season then I'll need everyone on the roster.

Paper Tiger
1st September 2011, 12:26 AM
What exactly are we registering for? Because there looks like there could be more than one link... Admin/player? :S

Isphera
1st September 2011, 10:42 AM
On the subject of rosters, when it's all decided VH, could I have a full team roster please :D

Marshy
1st September 2011, 10:53 AM
Name: Marshy
Total hours played: approx 300+ on 2 accounts
Best 3 classes:
Demo
Spy
Soldier

Best time to train:
Any evening

Vicious Horizon
1st September 2011, 12:20 PM
Sure thing Oric.

Vicious Horizon
1st September 2011, 12:25 PM
As an update (and a double-post) I don't need you guys to register, I only need a your E-mail addresses which I will then register on the site with and automatically add you to the roster, so if you can PM me your e-mail addresses AND your Steam ID: X:X:XXXXXXXX this would be de-light-ful.

Vicious Horizon
5th September 2011, 01:37 PM
Triple Bump as noone looked at the previous post:

Here are the people who have shown interest in joining the team:

Vicious Horizon
Hutch
Target
Mitch
Katakuna
Paper Tiger
Havok
Kacere
DarkPidgeon
Joe
Marshy

And here are the people who have messaged me their e-mail and Steam ID :

DarkPidgeon
Kacere
Katakuna
Paper Tiger
Target
Vicious Horizon

This leaves a large number of you who haven't given me the info, if you want to be in the team I need this information or I won't be able to add you to the roster, this goes for

Hutch
Mitch
Havok
Joe
Marshy

Thanks, and instructions below.
To find your Steam ID, load up any Source game (CSS, GMod, TF2, DoD :S) and join an internet server. Then, once you've connected, open console and type 'status', your STEAM_X:X:XXXXXXX number will then appear in the console, copy and paste this and I will be able to add you to the team!

Paper Tiger
8th September 2011, 01:40 AM
When is next training/gaming together taking place?

Vicious Horizon
8th September 2011, 08:02 AM
I shall makes plans very soon, I just need to sort out a timetable for myself today and then I'll get back to you :)

Voltz
8th September 2011, 12:19 PM
Just a thought but you might be able to get enough players for 2 teams worth :P
if you need someone else gimme a shout as i can redownload tf2 :3

katakuna
8th September 2011, 01:32 PM
I don't think we'd want 2 teams of exactly the right size otherwise somebody could pull a Moeshi ;)

Vicious Horizon
8th September 2011, 01:40 PM
I don't think we'd want 2 teams of exactly the right size otherwise somebody could pull a Moeshi ;)

Toasty-Sloth
8th September 2011, 02:05 PM
Gahar i almost missed this.

Name: Toasty-Sloth
Hours played: 335 hours
Best 3 classes:
Soldier
Spy
Demoman

Best time for training:
Evening time

Marshy
8th September 2011, 02:17 PM
If practice had both teams that would be cool, how are the teams going to be sorted i assume it will be pure skill based for the first team otherwise we end up diluting the teams

Vicious Horizon
8th September 2011, 03:02 PM
There will not be 2 teams.

Also, welcome to the team Toasty, can you send me your Steam_ID and e-mail please (Unless you already have an eTF2L account? In which case send me the username) :)

Toasty-Sloth
8th September 2011, 05:14 PM
Steam_ID: GentlemanDewgong (that's my original steam login name is that right? otherwise it's Toasty-Sloth)
Email: sparkzmm@hotmail.com

Vicious Horizon
8th September 2011, 06:13 PM
Steam_ID: GentlemanDewgong (that's my original steam login name is that right? otherwise it's Toasty-Sloth)
Email: sparkzmm@hotmail.com

Sorry I mean the _ID which you can find when you join a server on TF2 (or any source game) and type 'status' in the console, it should appear as: STEAM_ID:X:X:XXXXXXX

Toasty-Sloth
8th September 2011, 06:31 PM
Sigh. I'm a moron.

STEAM_0:0:31909719

Paper Tiger
8th September 2011, 09:55 PM
Sigh. I'm a moron.

STEAM_0:0:31909719

I made the same mistake, so don't worry :P

Vicious Horizon
11th September 2011, 02:57 PM
TRAINING TIME: Wednesday the 14th of September

7pm.

Please tell me ASAP whether or not you can attend.

I would like everyone to turn up to this training if possible, as no draft is currently written.

===

The team will be run how the LoL team was meant to be, with more members in the team than are able to play in a match, with rosters being decided depending on who is available for which roles on the day of matches.

Isphera
11th September 2011, 03:01 PM
On the subject of rosters, when it's all decided VH, could I have a full team roster please :D

Also, would you like TF2 forum wiped of threads from the last team, to keep it organised?

Vicious Horizon
11th September 2011, 03:06 PM
If it's possible can we archive the old threads? Could still prove useful to me.

Vicious Horizon
11th September 2011, 03:07 PM
Vicious Horizon
Hutch
Target
Mitch
Katakuna
Paper Tiger
Havok
Kacere
DarkPidgeon
Joe
Marshy
Toasty-Sloth

- Current Roster.

Isphera
11th September 2011, 03:15 PM
Cheers for roster.

If it's possible can we archive the old threads? Could still prove useful to me.

Since there all from when Helix was Aeternus, I'll just close them and mark as [OLD] for now.

Colonel Mitch
11th September 2011, 04:53 PM
WEDNESDAY YOU SAY......

i might not b up by 7 ;)

Toasty-Sloth
11th September 2011, 08:22 PM
Not being in team despite 335 hours of experience

feelsbadman

Vicious Horizon
11th September 2011, 08:26 PM
Oh sorry Toasty, forgot to add you in, that's been changed :)

Toasty-Sloth
11th September 2011, 08:28 PM
YAY!

Paper Tiger
11th September 2011, 10:01 PM
As far as I'm currently aware, that's fine for myself.