PDA

View Full Version : Building my PC Problem!

Damage Blade
30th August 2011, 08:34 PM
Okay so got all my pc components today and started putting it together at around 5pm.

Problems: CPU Fan wouldent fit because it was too big and the ram was in the way

using the stock cpu fan for now and will buy a new one later

All put together and i boot it up, no post beep and it wont load anything on the screen
everything in the case is on, the fans, graphics card, green light on the motherboard.

The person helping me had to go, so hes coming back tommorow to try fix the problem but i was just wondering what it could be.

Vicious Horizon
30th August 2011, 08:37 PM
Regards to the fan: Is it in the wrong way?

My fan head points away from the RAM, in order to stop this.

And with the boot problem:

Is the PC powering up? If so, it just powers up and sits idle with no BIOS/Post?

Colonel Mitch
30th August 2011, 08:40 PM
You have plugged the ATX +12v CPU power in right?

if not try reseating the cpu and ram.

Damage Blade
30th August 2011, 08:46 PM
Yeh, about the cpu fan its just too big either way round and im not sure colonel, i just helped with the little bits. Everything powers up and just does nothing really

Colonel Mitch
30th August 2011, 08:53 PM
Yeh, about the cpu fan its just too big either way round and im not sure colonel, i just helped with the little bits. Everything powers up and just does nothing really

If you dont plug in the ATX +12v (the 4 or 8 pin one jsut for the cpu) then that would cause exactly what your describing to happen.

Vicious Horizon
30th August 2011, 09:23 PM
Ohh I see, it's not the massive black long cable-head, it's a little easy-to-miss one which goes in near your CPU, it's easily missed if you're not 100% sure what you're doing, so have a look on your Mobo for a little thing that says 'CPU' or 'CPU POWER', something along those lines.

Colonel Mitch
30th August 2011, 10:05 PM
It was that, hes fixed it now

Damage Blade
30th August 2011, 11:40 PM
Thanks Colonel! Will post some pictures soon when i find my camrea and get some red cathode lights and a new cpu cooler. and thanks VH For the help!